9 replies to this topic

#1 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 12:19 AM

When I first got back into collecting m.u.s.c.l.e.s a while back I noticed that there were no books on them. I could not find anything on them in any book on toys. I even looked in a huge book on board games hoping to see the mega match game, but to no avail!! I don`t know if any of You guys have talked about this or not because I`m new here on the boards, but I`m serious about this!!!!!! If there really is nothing on the book shelves on em, I think it`s about time there is!!!

#2 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 04:50 AM

See they have one for transformers cause their were hundreds of them
also gi joe and barbie

but for all we americans know their was 233 with a few "rares and oddities"

Now the marketers don't think People like us research the
stuff as much as we do , otherwise we'd have Kinnikuman Tapes from gererations 1 coming out around the same time as generation 2

Their was 400+ muscles in japan which inclucded all our muscles.
and a few things that they had that we didn't.

If i had the time money , generation 1 tapes/mangas
I'd write my own 600 page book. With what each character is does
and all that cool Jazz.
But I do not have the resources to pay 100$ + S&H per tape
but i'm looking into the manga @ 8 $ + S&H from a local shop

anyway i think mattel , bandai
and or the new person that is casting the new kinnikuman figures for Ultimate Muscle will not think it's worth their time ;)
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#3 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 12 September 2002 - 05:39 AM

See they have one for transformers cause their were hundreds of them also gi joe and barbie

Transformers, G.I. Joe etc have books becasue they are popular and people would buy a book about the toys. They are higly collectable.

M.u.s.c.l.e. isnt popular as of yet. In a few weeks it could be the next pokemon.

So who knows what the future will hold.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#4 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 06:09 AM

I agree with Adamantiumwulf. There are too few collectors of MUSCLEs (only a hundred or so) to expect a book to sell well. Besides, the MUSCLE line was so short-lived that I don't think you could fill a book with it (unless you had the book be primarily about Kinnikuman toys). Besides again, what information would you put in the book that isn't already on a web site? Maybe an episode guide like you were saying, but AKIA handles that relatively well...

-Nathan

#5 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 12 September 2002 - 06:42 AM

I have most of the Kinnikuman/muscle comic books, check out my site to see them and their contents.

#6 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 07:29 AM

Speaking of which, when are you going to update with some more profiles of the characters, Doc? I'd love to see some cool pics of Sunshine transforming into all those shapes.

-Nathan

#7 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 07:42 AM

Glad you ask my friend, I actually have profiles complete on the following: Sunshine, satan cross, ashura man, kinnikuman phoenix, goriki, terryman and sunigator I just haven't opened up the links yet because I am having a problem translating a couple things.

#8 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 12 September 2002 - 08:05 AM

The current profiles you have up are sweet. It's nice to see some of the figures in action.

Let the group know when you are going upload more.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#9 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 08:16 AM

I'd love to see some cool pics of Sunshine transforming into all those shapes.

You will indeed see some of the shapes, I can't seem to find a pyrimid sunshine so maybe I am missing that comic, but there is a pic of the spinning top sunshine, and the pictures that inspired the black hole sunshine. Here is a preview cause I like you guys:

http://www.geocities...l?1031840108733

Although I just tried to access it and it says I have exceeded my datat transfer, I guess my site is getting too large and if so many people look at it at once it freezes up. Damn Yahoo. Check this link in about an hour, sorry for teasing you.

#10 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 07:23 PM

I completly agree that all the info anyone needs to know is on line. but what I meant was that for the few people who either don`t have a computer yet or who just check out books here an there. I don`t care if the majority of the book was on kinnikumen, I would not be in it for the money either. I realize that not many books would sell but I`m just sick of going to a book store and seeing books on all sorts of panzy collectibles except the m.u.s.c.l.e.s and the kinnikumen figs that we are nuts over!!!!!! Even if they were in a collectible book with other toys from the 80s, don`t they at least deserve that much!!!!!!!!????????

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com