FOP

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of Power

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:20 AM

Hi everyone,

I don't have any M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, so my knowledge is very limited. Please excuse me if I sound stupid.. 

Recently, I was quite interested in buying a few of my favourite looking figures. I quite like Claw, Sunshine and Satan Cross (bet you've heard that before) and this auction had all of them:

https://www.ebay.com...gwAAOSwlL1ayk0Y

My question is, why are there so many people watching it and bidding on it? Do you think it'd better for me to wait and buy them individually as they pop up? I've seen a few on eBay, but the prices have been.. interesting.. I'm not a pro by any means, so I don't know how to distinguish which figures are "real" Kinkeshi or not. This auction appeared to be pretty legit though. 

Hope I made sense!

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:17 AM

If you buy from Ebay, then always buy in lots. Flesh Muscle are worth no more than $1 a piece. Although, Claw and SC can fetch a higher price. Claw because it's a very popular sculpt. And SC because it's an uncommon non-poster figure. I could see a Claw going for $5 at the most. Only if you really want one. And the highest for a SC would be around $25. These are just my opinions. I have def over payed when I was getting into collecting Muscle a couple of years ago. I was also buying single figures back then. You'll have a better chance at getting those two figures at the lower price by buying in lots. 

You could also make a "Need Toys" post on here. People here might not have a Claw or SC for trade/sale, but Sunshine is more common. And with a few different sculpts! This is where you'll be able to buy single figures for what they're worth. 

I'v been in the game of watching Ebay for Muscle for the last couple of years. It seems to me that sellers(in the hobby or not) know what they're selling. You'll see lots with Keshi mixed in with Muscle. But it's obvious. And most of the time the seller will put that in the description. You can always message the seller if you're not sure. Ask specifically about the material they're made of. It's either going to be a hard plastic(Muscle) or a softer rubbery feel.(Keshi)

That lot would be good for a new Muscle collector. But most collectors already have most if not all those figures. The only figures worth having for a seasoned Muscle collector would be the Claw and SC. And in my opinion, the price has already gone to high for those. 

#3 FOP

FOP

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:21 AM

Man, thank you so much for your in-depth response!! That was super helpful

I only collect Fistful of Power, but the market has been dead quiet.. I thought I'd pick some of these up for fun :) 

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:52 AM

A useful and helpful tool: on the top right hand corner of the LRG website you can see a search engine (for any respective topic), just type in keywords and you will have most of your questions answered.

Even on Google, quite often the first search will lead you to LRG.

Part of collecting MUSCLE or Kinkeshi in general is putting in the time for research; its time consuming but if you decide on collecting the line, it will be rewarding.

Good luck! :)

#5 Mikespaintedminiatures

Mikespaintedminiatures

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:All types of Plastic figures. Collector and Painter.

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:15 AM

Hi everyone,

I don't have any M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, so my knowledge is very limited. Please excuse me if I sound stupid.. 

Recently, I was quite interested in buying a few of my favourite looking figures. I quite like Claw, Sunshine and Satan Cross (bet you've heard that before) and this auction had all of them:

https://www.ebay.com...gwAAOSwlL1ayk0Y

My question is, why are there so many people watching it and bidding on it? Do you think it'd better for me to wait and buy them individually as they pop up? I've seen a few on eBay, but the prices have been.. interesting.. I'm not a pro by any means, so I don't know how to distinguish which figures are "real" Kinkeshi or not. This auction appeared to be pretty legit though. 

Hope I made sense!

These few are always on everybody's favourites list. If you want to buy a painted one let me know.

Attached File  IMG_0678 copy - Copy (2) copy copy.jpg   145.4K   3 downloads Attached File  Muscle #3 Sunshine (c).jpg   164.5K   4 downloads Attached File  IMG_3059 copy copy - Copy copy.jpg   121.16K   4 downloads

Mikes_LRG_Forum_BANNER_WEB.jpg

#6 FOP

FOP

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:59 AM

A useful and helpful tool: on the top right hand corner of the LRG website you can see a search engine (for any respective topic), just type in keywords and you will have most of your questions answered.

Even on Google, quite often the first search will lead you to LRG.

Part of collecting MUSCLE or Kinkeshi in general is putting in the time for research; its time consuming but if you decide on collecting the line, it will be rewarding.

Good luck! :)

Thanks man! I've been on LRG for a few years, so I know about the search bar :p  :lol: I just thought it would be nice to receive a succinct response from a veteran. I'm in the middle of a massive report at the moment and haven't had much time. I couldn't find why 18 people were watching that eBay lot and was kinda confused!

To be honest, I think I'd go a little crazy if I collected MUSCLE/Kinkeshi! So many rares and super rares  :wacko: I shall continue my quest with FOP for now ;) Would love to purchase some Kinkeshi in the near future though. Dream figures are Ramenman (with dragon), Warsman (w/ Spikes) and Dark Emperor. Would love them in flesh

These few are always on everybody's favourites list. If you want to buy a painted one let me know.

attachicon.gifIMG_0678 copy - Copy (2) copy copy.jpg attachicon.gifMuscle #3 Sunshine ©.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_3059 copy copy - Copy copy.jpg

Thanks Mike! I've admired your work/talent for a long time :) For some reason, I've been pretty eager to get some flesh coloured figures though. I'll definitely keep ya in mind for the future!

Edited by FOP, 17 April 2018 - 10:38 PM.

#7 Rycci21

Rycci21

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:m.u.s.c.l.e.

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

My guess is that people are watching it because it has a Satan's Cross and the total value of the bidding right now is equal to what a Satan's Cross alone usually sells for. I have not seen a recent SC sell for less than $42 USD and the last couple went for around $53 USD on EBay (people ask for a lot more but those ones never sell). Flesh Claws fetch around $12 USD at the moment. A flesh lot with a Claw + SC and a reasonable bidding price is bound to have some interest. Watch things get stupid in the last 10 seconds, lol. If you want figures, I would recommend checking out the Need Toys and Got Toys sections of this forum. It has worked for me.

BTW, I am one of those people "watching" this auction but I have no intention on bidding on it. I like to see what things go for.

Edited by Rycci21, 14 April 2018 - 01:39 PM.

#8 FOP

FOP

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:00 PM

Thanks so much for the response! Makes complete sense. 

Just posted in the Need Toys section so we'll see what happens :)

#9 cloning007

cloning007

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:48 AM

the answer is satan cross that is why everyone is watching and bidding 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com