Theme© by Fisana

- - - - -

Super Rare Figures (SC, SHA, BHS, DM, DE)

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#26 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:23 PM

And here is the front cover. I remember now that I had all 36 issues of the manga back then and had seen the character in there but we didn't know his name.

#27 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:49 PM

Amazing. We always thought that the one that popped up on eBay a few years back (and sold for $50) was the first time it ever showed up in a 4 packs.

Thanks for the scans!

#28 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:47 AM

We always thought that the one that popped up on eBay a few years back (and sold for $50) was the first time it ever showed up in a 4 packs.

Who won the 4-pack you refer to jkaris?

Are we certain the one featured in the MPS Newsletter is not one that Doc, Philly, or Kinnikumanguerto now owns?
Posted Image

#29 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:40 AM

We always thought that the one that popped up on eBay a few years back (and sold for $50) was the first time it ever showed up in a 4 packs.

Who won the 4-pack you refer to jkaris?

Are we certain the one featured in the MPS Newsletter is not one that Doc, Philly, or Kinnikumanguerto now owns?

If it was in 1998, it was far before this board's time.

#30 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:52 AM

Right, but what I'm asking is: Are we sure the MPS one didn't sell on eBay, and then get sold again and end up with Doc, Philly, or Kinnikumanguerto?

It's probably not the same one, but I just want to be sure, as at least one of the HSHA seems to have changed hands several times.

If this 4-pack is unique, that means there have been at least 4 found!
Posted Image

#31 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:34 AM

Right, but what I'm asking is: Are we sure the MPS one didn't sell on eBay, and then get sold again and end up with Doc, Philly, or Kinnikumanguerto?

It's probably not the same one, but I just want to be sure, as at least one of the HSHA seems to have changed hands several times.

Who knows. You'd have to compare the pics to see if the figure assortment was identical.

#32 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:05 AM

I just want to add that even before that 4-pack all us early MPS guys were getting our MUSCLEs through private sales through e-mail and warehouse backlogs. In fact I bought 100 unopened, unpunched, flesh 4-paks from Patrick Gresham in early 1997 and that was just a portion of his unopened collection. He had found a warehouse stash of them in 1996. He didn't have a Satan Cross, but what I'm trying to say is there was a whole online MUSCLE community in the 90's whose research and collections aren't even known about to the current AKIA community. I was MPS member #8. We only got up to about 25 members. If one of those few collectors found a warehouse stash of unopened MUSCLEs even before the MPS existed, then imagine how many MUSCLEs, super rares etc. are out there that the people that have them don't know what they are or care. If the AKIA doesn't have knowledge of what went on in the MUSCLE community just prior to it's existance then how can we really think we know all the finds that occur outside our community. Also, just think, most of us don't have the MUSCLEs we bought 19 years ago and we loved them. How can the ones popping up now on ebay be representative of what was really available a generation ago. I don't even know what I'm trying to get at here other than there were probably a ton of Satan Crosses made back then.

#33 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:30 AM

I don't even know what I'm trying to get at here other than there were probably a ton of Satan Crosses made back then.

Yes, it's pretty apparent that Satan Cross is not rare.

However, 4-packs with him in it are rare, i.e., they rarely show up on eBay. For my own personal interests, I'm trying to keep track of certain rare, desirable MUSCLE items.

I'm not attempting to make any statement about the actual number of Satan Cross four packs produced.
Posted Image

#34 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:38 AM

Are all the original MPS members on this board? If not maybe someone who knows who the other members were can somehow try to get in touch with them to see what they have.

Posted Image

#35 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 01:12 PM

Who knows. You'd have to compare the pics to see if the figure assortment was identical.

This is the scan of Kinnikumanguertos Satancross 4-Pack...

It is indeed different...

:fop:

Attached Files

Edited by arforbes, 14 November 2005 - 01:13 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#36 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:00 PM

Hey friend, maybe I misunderstood you. I see that some of you have been researching MUSCLE info for a number of years and trying to find out and keep track of any new info that you can. Like the rare stuff. I think this is extremely cool and I love it. I want to help any way I can. I was just surprised that research hadn't included asking any of the pre-AKIA MUSCLE community what they knew. Darrin Vindiola (MUSCLETOYS) is a member of this board. His online MUSCLE activity knowledge goes back to 1996. Back in 1997 MPS member Jason Radniecki went to MATTEL headquarters that happened to be in his home town in California to talk to them about MUSCLE. They no longer had any records of the toyline that had only been off the shelves for 9 years at that point and didn't have any employees that had been around back then, still there either. He did take some cool pictures for his website of his MUSCLEs at Mattel, returning home so to speak. This particular story may not have revealed any information but what I'm trying to say is, there was MUSCLE research going on since 1996 by members of this board. Nathan Newell (Tortle) was a member. Taka Kurosaka (Stinger Wolf) was member.
I saw someone else on one of the threads show a picture of all the MUSCLE newsletters and his membership card. Darrin would really be the one to talk to though. They probably aren't coming forward with any of these memories because we all went through this in the 90's and aren't avid as some of you newer guys. But if you go to him with questions he'll be happy to tell you anything you want to know. He's a really nice guy. None of us MPS guys has any hard proof of who has what, dates they exchanged hands and prices paid, but I see your info search seems to be wider than just a precise list of exactly what items have appeared on Ebay recently. Alot of your reseach seems to also include memories of where they purchased the items (Buffalo NY) and so on. Though SHA and BHS are probably MUSCLEs thogh very rare, DM and DE really aren't positively confirmed. But it is fun to Keep on top of the speculative information to and try and find out all we can. For me the rare one when I was a kid was the claw. Everyone I knew here in Florida was collecting MUSCLEs in 1986 but none of us had seen the claw except on the commercial. I made a trip that summer to my original hometown of Buffalo NY and there in practically every 10-pack was a claw. I'm just trying to add anything I can to your research.

#37 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:07 PM

Ridureyo was an MPS member as well.

#38 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:12 PM

Most of the info we got was from Darrin, Nate and Rid, way back then. They never mentioned the 4 pack from 98. I think they all forgot about it. Darrin has changed his site quite a few times, but even the one back in 2000 didn't have the info on the 4 pack. I am glad you remembered it.

#39 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:15 PM

You know, I think because I'm brand new here, my memories are all pre AKIA and the MPS guys that have been here all along don't have that clear distinction between Pre and Post AKIA memories.

#40 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:14 AM

Here's some more info on stuff I've learned about MUSCLE. Most of it is totally new info:

http://rare-muscle-s...od.com/id1.html

#41 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:00 PM

Hey man that's cool. A lot of work is going into this. Here's a few things that might be of interest to somebody. This is a letter in Toyfare #30.

#42 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:01 PM

Here is a letter from Toyfare #34.

#43 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:02 PM

Here is the first page of the MUSCLE review in Toyfare #34.

#44 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:09 PM

Here's the second page.

#45 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:10 PM

And this is from Toyfare #99.

#46 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:10 PM

Robin Knight? Hahahaha. They should have kept their packaging. :wub:

Scan the rest please.

#47 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:12 PM

That's all I've got.

#48 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:26 PM

Wow that editer guy (Tom) is a douche hahahahahha.
So, do we know who these guys sticking up for muscle are? (Mr. Perry, Mr Mcguffin)

Thanks for posting those, pretty interesting read.

#49 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:35 AM

If we could only add Philly's to this pic. I wonder if his SC is on the left of the package as well. They are all unpunched too.

Edited by kevinmayle, 16 November 2005 - 02:44 PM.

#50 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:37 AM

Where is that pic on the left from? We need a better one of that. Looks cool to see them all together.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com