#1 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Romando's Kinnikuman line

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

So I've only recently started reading the Revival series, but I'm a few volumes in and I just finished the scene where Pentagon helped Black Hole defeat Jack Tea, cementing Black Hole's perfect record against the Perfect Chojin.

I just love how the revival series has portrayed Black Hole as a dominant, and more importantly, intelligent force who is actually capable of winning matches

He was always a pretty "meh" character in the original series - He loses to Kinnikuman more than once, and the only win he gains in the original run is against Skyman and Currycook in the tag tournament, so not very impressive.

He has a really neat power and look though, and it seems the true potential of the character is being realized in the revival series. In general the writing in the revival series is much better than the original, but Black Hole actually being presented as a legitimate threat is my favorite part so far.

Edited by unclevatred, 22 January 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#2 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:27 AM

I agree that what they are doing with the characters in the new series is awesome. They are making average characters like the mountain, springman, and black hole more likable. I am so happy that the Kinnikuman series is still going on because I love this series so much

Edited by Mantaro9, 28 February 2017 - 06:27 AM.

#3 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Romando's Kinnikuman line

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

I agree that what they are doing with the characters in the new series is awesome. They are making average characters like the mountain, springman, and black hole more likable. I am so happy that the Kinnikuman series is still going on because I love this series so much

Agreed! The Revival series really is leaps and bounds ahead of the original run. The art is so much more clean, the story makes a lot more sense, and the battles have a much more serious feel to them. 

One thing that was annoying with the original run was death being meaningless. It was so easy for characters to be revived, so any time a character "died" it really felt like a waste of time

In the Revival, they acknowledge that it's easy to be resurrected, but the battles are so well put together and the characters are so much more well written, it doesn't matter.

The stuff with Springman and Buffalo Man reuniting and then beating the John Does is legitimately heartfelt and moving, even as Springman mentions the fact that he won't stay dead.

Springman was always my favorite Devil, so I love the way his character has been fleshed out.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com