Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

I had to sell a retro console + games to get me this mean crew...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GakMan

GakMan

Gak-Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:52 AM

But I'd say it was a a good trade off.

I spent years collecting retro consoles and games to the point it surpassed nostalgia and I was buying machines I'd never experienced before or had much interest in. It wasn't until I started watching YouTube videos of others' videogame collections that I had a bit of a wakeup call and decided I really needed to rein it in and only hold onto the ones I had fond memories of and that I truly enjoyed.

Selling off my PC Engine CoreGrafx (Yeah I know, great console blah blah) plus a few games afforded me these little creeps. I'm hoping I can add one purple BEB (maybe Zygoshark) somewhere down the line so I can have at least one of each colour.

(Oops trouble attaching pic on mobile!)

Attached Files

Edited by itchy.tasty, 08 August 2018 - 12:57 AM.

#2 tennunb

tennunb

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Currently collecting:-
    G2 MIMP
    Ghostbusters Companions
    Z-bots
    SLUG Zombies
    Ewoks (All types)
    Kombattini
    Battle Beasts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:03 AM

Nice, Larvegg is such an underrated BEB, Nice little additions

#3 GakMan

GakMan

Gak-Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:59 AM

Larvegg was actually the very first BEB Iever had, although it was a green one. After seeing photos of them both I think the red suits this sculpt a lot better.

#4 Sluglord

Sluglord

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Trash Bag Bunch, Bad Eggz Bunch, TF G1, the cool, old stuff.

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:03 AM

Nice little collection for sure! The Protein Plasm looks a bit more matte than the others,is it a soft one?

I still have my very first Bad Eggz figure, it's a red Eggipede, a sculpt I think is underrated. I also had a yellow Skeeto as a kid, and it seems I am getting one again soon.

For some reason a lot of people seem to have fond memories of these. Maybe it's the great sculpting, the pocket-size, and the mono colour leaving room for imagination.

#5 GakMan

GakMan

Gak-Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:30 AM

They're all hard plastic which has a somewhat rubbery texture - its hard to explain. Howevrr the Protein Plasm definitely has a slightly different, more matte, finish to him. I recently picked up a purple Hard plastic Hard Boiler which seems to be far more glossy than the others I own.

It seems Bad Eggz figures had a variety of of different textures and finishes. I wonder if this was at all affected by the slime?

And I have such find memories of these as a kid. I owned a green Larvegg, a red Hard Boiler which had a 'bloom' defect, and a yellow Turtleshell. I did find a purple Squegg a couple.of years ago at a market but I sold him on. And I agree that Eggipede is underrated.

For me the design/sculpt of these is what makes them stand out from other toylines. The ones I own now are actually my favourite sculpts. I also vividly remember the smell of the slime - it was amazing.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com