307 replies to this topic

#1 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

Not quite certain where to post this, whether the battle beast section or the members art section, but since they are battle beast exclusively, I'm going here.  Please let me know if I have erred. 

Zion808 liked my last batch of customs and asked if I had anything else.  I said I have another 97 finished in 19 groupings and asked him to pick a number.  He went with #13 and so:

Attached File  image1.JPG   85.41K   47 downloads

Attached File  image6.JPG   54.67K   51 downloadsAttached File  image7.JPG   54.51K   27 downloads

Really I just tried to make the panda a little more robotic.  I spliced the panda torso to camel legs and added aardvark arms.  The leg wire is the the hawk legs

Attached File  image4.JPG   49K   32 downloadsAttached File  image5.JPG   51.46K   25 downloads

I was just trying to make the skunk guy into someone cool here.  It's actually kind of hard with his mask.  Skunk torso grafted to war weasel legs and a mix of shark and horse arms.  Fun fact, the hand claw was actually cut from shunk's original shin. 

Attached File  image8.JPG   46.68K   21 downloadsAttached File  image9.JPG   54.62K   18 downloadsAttached File  image1(1).JPG   51.69K   17 downloads

Beaver torso grafted to cow legs and buffalo arms.  I had already taken the claw off the buffalo arm and so added a drill, the drill actually being the tail of Battle Beast Crocodile (from a previous cruel tailectomy) l.  I added some gold tribal like markings, essentially following the patterns already cut into the beaver and cow parts.  They seemed like they were meant for one another.

Attached File  image10.JPG   65.22K   28 downloadsAttached File  image11.JPG   62.07K   26 downloads

I had made an elephant before and I kind of hated it/him in general.  I really tried to tear him apart here.  The idea behind this was the space jockey from the Alien movies. Spliced elephant to bison legs to really give him more bulk.  I added turtle arms, the backside of the shark shoulder cannons to this guy's shoulders, and flamingo ear antennae attached to the head. The idea was that this guy could control some of the others in this grouping.  Hence the orange circles on the back of the Skunk and panda head. 

Attached File  image2.JPG   55.81K   23 downloadsAttached File  image3.JPG   48.93K   20 downloads

I was never really a fan of the tapir and suddenly I had these elephant ears in my hands.  Could I make a new mouse? I tried and it came out okay.  Pardon the backside of the ears as I did not yet posses and sander.  Tapir tosro, panda legs, and duckbill arms.

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

Always love seeing your customs, man!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 OldGamer84

OldGamer84

Do what now?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:LRGs!!

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

Wow, these are really freaking cool, Exacto!  Very nice!  I would like to see more of these!

Don't tell my wife I bought more toys...

#4 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:48 PM

Thanks! Just pick a number

#5 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:34 PM

Yeah these are super awesome. Are you thinking about rubs for these guys? There is some people making after market rubs if that was something you were considering. I'm sure I could find a link with a bit more effort. Keep up the great work and posts for that matter.

#6 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

Yeah, I started ordering rubs recently, but these guys weren't lucky enough to get in on the first batch.  I'll get them all up to speed soon. 

#7 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

So cool! Really nice work on these beasts. The skunk is wicked!

#8 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:01 AM

Thanks! Just pick a number

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#9 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

I'll get that up friday draznar

#10 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:40 AM

HAHAHAHA! Ended up home with some free time today.  Happy Hump Day!!

Group 8 is a great choice Draznar as it has 2 of my all time favorites.

Attached File  image1.JPG   73.19K   17 downloads

Horus Beast

Attached File  image2.JPG   46.32K   22 downloadsAttached File  image3.JPG   42.23K   22 downloads

This one just kind of came together.  Crow head on rabbit body with crow arms.  Once I had them altogether, it just kind of felt right.  It was keeping with the mythological thing I had going.

Minotaur

Attached File  image4.JPG   54.96K   29 downloadsAttached File  image5.JPG   46.59K   26 downloadsAttached File  image6.JPG   44.07K   29 downloads

I was on a mythological monster kick and thought this would be doable.  I really like turning crow legs into hooves and have used that a few times (Krampus).  Spliced on the buffalo torso and horse arms.  I like his brutish look, though his smallish feet do require moving the arms to balance him out for standing.

Silver Back Gorilla

Attached File  image7.JPG   55.23K   27 downloadsAttached File  image8.JPG   50.18K   26 downloads

For awhile I was just trying to see how many new animals/beasts I could create.  This was an easy one.  Orangutan body with gorilla arms. 

Robo Hawk

Attached File  image9.JPG   53.65K   32 downloadsAttached File  image10.JPG   52.17K   23 downloadsAttached File  image11.JPG   45.04K   26 downloads

One of my favorites.  Just ripped a hawks beak off and really tried to emphasize how much gear is already on him.  Deer arms.  I can't seem to figure out just where the face piece came from. The back piece is ripped from the back of the Basilisk.

Basilisk

Attached File  image12.JPG   54.13K   34 downloadsAttached File  image1(1).JPG   56.35K   26 downloadsAttached File  image14.JPG   46.42K   13 downloads

I love this guy.  This was my first leg graft.  I grafted flamingo legs only into Lizard's actual waist (because flamingo's waist is generally abysmal looking) to give the birdlike lower portion, but still preserve the bulk.  Tapir arms and flamingo wings on back. 

#11 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

These are incredible!

<p> </p>
<p>

#12 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:58 PM

Top notch!  You should enter these in CustomCon!

Those custom stickers are looking good too.

#13 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

This is fantastic!!

#14 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:50 AM

Merry Friday!

Thought I'd throw up group 1.  This was my first try and I really was just dabbing my feet with these.  Four of the five were missing at least one arm and the arms I replaced had busted joints (did not consider a possible repair at this point) and so the arms are simply glued on.  Really, I was just color correcting some of the guys and using up spare parts.  I opened Pandora's box with these.

Attached File  image1.JPG   68.79K   25 downloads

Satan Beast

Attached File  image2.JPG   53.16K   28 downloadsAttached File  image3.JPG   47.16K   23 downloads

I did not stumble across LRG until fairly recently, but I find it pretty amazing that there were already at least two of this exact custom paint job guys already on here.  There must be a fine line between mutton and the lord of the underworld.  For whatever reason, I was really drawn to this guy.  He was the very first I guy I ever made and the very reason for instigating everything.  I peered too long into the darkness and it peered back into me.  

Albino Giraffe

Attached File  image4.JPG   50.12K   19 downloadsAttached File  image5.JPG   46.03K   16 downloads

I made the giraffe albino because I had never seen an albino giraffe before and to be honest with ya, I wanted to see an albino giraffe. I think it is an excellent albino giraffe. 

Green Gator

Attached File  image6.JPG   40.91K   9 downloadsAttached File  image7.JPG   50.3K   5 downloads

I really just added some highlights to the armor and painted the skin green.  I just had to have that green gator

Boar

Attached File  image8.JPG   52.82K   6 downloadsAttached File  image9.JPG   49.82K   8 downloads

I ended up being pretty surprised at how much I liked the green purple combo.  It would be repeated.

Shark

Attached File  image10.JPG   49.5K   9 downloadsAttached File  image11.JPG   53.27K   6 downloads

Color adjust, I cut off the tail because it was already a little beat up and I always thought it looked a little off, and I added a little blood to the mouth.

#15 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:12 PM

I always love seeing a new Satan Ram. (Helps that black and red are my favourite colours too, I suppose.)

<p> </p>
<p>

#16 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

Has no one seen Billy Madison?

#17 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:42 PM

Has no one seen Billy Madison?

I did when it came out years and years ago. I honestly don't remember it outside of Adam Sandler being Adam Sandler though.

<p> </p>
<p>

#18 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:43 PM

For the albino giraffe:
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=kp2skYYA2B4

#19 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:57 PM

That's quacktastic!

I thought about the swan and the penguin, but forgot about the blue duck.  Funny because Trash Pack made a blue duck.

#20 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

Thought I'd throw up some earlier groups.  You'll notice that these are mostly just repaints and arm switching.

Group 2

Attached File  image1.JPG   71.67K   13 downloads

Snow Leopard

Attached File  image2.JPG   52.23K   19 downloadsAttached File  image3.JPG   49.73K   13 downloads

Octopus recolor

Attached File  image4.JPG   51.19K   12 downloadsAttached File  image5.JPG   49.81K   8 downloads

Deer/snake arm

Attached File  image6.JPG   45.03K   10 downloadsAttached File  image7.JPG   47.16K   9 downloads

Hell Dog

Attached File  image8.JPG   50.01K   6 downloadsAttached File  image9.JPG   54.39K   5 downloads

Killer Rhino

Attached File  image10.JPG   44.63K   5 downloadsAttached File  image11.JPG   49.04K   4 downloads

#21 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

Group 3

I was still using up random beasts and arms

Attached File  image1.JPG   78.69K   11 downloads

Zebra

Attached File  image11.JPG   51.56K   12 downloadsAttached File  image2.JPG   50K   9 downloads

Squid

Attached File  image3.JPG   45.58K   7 downloadsAttached File  image4.JPG   44.76K   7 downloads

Hawk

Attached File  image5.JPG   51.45K   6 downloadsAttached File  image6.JPG   51.84K   4 downloads

Snake

Attached File  image7.JPG   58.99K   3 downloadsAttached File  image8.JPG   50.72K   3 downloads

Weasel

Attached File  image9.JPG   50.04K   4 downloadsAttached File  image10.JPG   47.33K   2 downloads

#22 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:01 PM

And you said you didn't like this Cuttlefish?! That guy is AWESOME! Love that Octo too!

That Snow Leopard also looks like Tigatron! ;)

<p> </p>
<p>

#23 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:16 PM

Group 7

There were some good ones before this, but group 7 is where I really committed. I had just somehow won an enormous lot of damaged beasts and found myself with an absolute pile to work with. 

Attached File  image1.JPG   78.95K   12 downloads

Yeti Beast

Attached File  image2.JPG   55.72K   12 downloadsAttached File  image3.JPG   51.83K   9 downloads

Hippo

Attached File  image4.JPG   57.26K   6 downloadsAttached File  image5.JPG   53.93K   18 downloads

Scorpion

Attached File  image6.JPG   58.18K   31 downloadsAttached File  image7.JPG   51.59K   36 downloads

I just had to have a scorpion.  Tail is made from the previous left arm.  I never really liked the placement of the crab eyes and tried to change attention to under them.

Cthulhu Beast

Attached File  image8.JPG   52.59K   34 downloadsAttached File  image9.JPG   43.92K   31 downloads

Love this guy.  Face tentacles just moved from original arms to mouth.

Chimera Beast

Attached File  image10.JPG   53.06K   22 downloadsAttached File  image11.JPG   55.46K   14 downloads

This is definitely one of my favorites.  He was kind of an example for the future krampus.

Thanks Draznar! I'll see if I can get some more up tomorrow.

#24 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

Best yet!  Love the Yeti, Cthulhu, and Chimera!  These are a few of my favorite toy tropes!

#25 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:49 AM

Well done once again!

I agree that Cthulhu is a very nice job, but the crab/scorpion really shines through with the paint.

<p> </p>
<p>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com