• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

More info! All the info possible! Even translations (and then i am so running it electronically).

What about the insignia some creatures share with Neclos's series 2 lieutenants? Does that alter anything?

Also - the first four sets have monsters divided by level. Right... character level? Then the rest have them divided by chapter. And then area. What changed?

Good questions! Not sure about the insignias, and yes, the later ones translate into Chapter and Area instead of Level, but I don't know why. The change starts with Part 5, which also is the first one with the new hero characters (Bushman, Barbarian, etc), so my best guess is it had to do with a new development of the storyline being introduced.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#27 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

It'll be interesting to see how it affects gameplay.

Also, is there any way to get a guide on which colors turn into which? (for the thermal figures) I was surprised to find a red-gold metallic figure change in hot water (the red disappeared), and I've noticed that some changes are SUBTLE, like almost-white gray becoming white.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Ebe - January 18, 2012 04:07 AM (GMT)

I'd make a review of each one if you had time.

For information on what the cards do, I've partially translated them. The monsters have the names of each of the heroes next to them. The number next to the heroes name is the "roll" you need to get to beat that monster (presumably 1d6?) So for example the Barbarian needs to roll a 3 to beat the Orc, but the Amazon only needs a 2. The Dragon who is the "boss" of the first chapter first floor requires a "7" regardless of which hero you have.

You'll notice the heroes level up, that gives them a bonus to their roll. Also the items. MOST of the items will weaken a specific monster. So for example the Orc drops a Power Ring which reduces the roll needed to beat the Troll by 1. Bosses usually have multiple items which weaken them, so both the Dragon Claw and the Speed Boots weaken the dragon (letting you beat him with a roll of 5.) The various "Gems" usually weaken Necros himself.

Heroes tend to have "trends" in what they are strong against. For example the Mercenary is good against beasts/animals but terrible against female monsters (he usually requires a roll that is 2 higher than anyone else to beat them.)

#29 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Also, is there any way to get a guide on which colors turn into which? (for the thermal figures) I was surprised to find a red-gold metallic figure change in hot water (the red disappeared), and I've noticed that some changes are SUBTLE, like almost-white gray becoming white.

Yeah, I've thought about trying to figure that out. It might take some time to do since there are so many different color variations, but when I have a chance I'll do some experimenting and see if I can get that info together to add to the site.

#30 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

I have four metallic figures, all of which seem to color-change, though at least one is so subtle that you have to half-immerse it and compare the halves after.

#31 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Quick update that I've been able to add a few more figure images to the archive since launching:

King w/ Princess (part 3)

Darqueen (part 6)

Odoradek (part 7)

Lich (part 7)

Rafflesia (part 8)

Also found a YouTube clip of the other Neclos video game (the RPG one) so I am going to try to add something about that soon. It seems to be a lot truer to the storyline of the toys:

(warning: the music used in the game might make you go a bit crazy)

#32 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Awesome website Frank!! Perfect resource site, thanks for making this.
I was lost after the other neclos website went down, now I can finally catalogue some of the figures I have.
Look forward to joining the forums soon.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#33 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Thanks for this, it's very useful. I was able to establish that all the figures in my meagre collection of 21 are from Parts 1-4.

The one thing I'd like to see is a page of all the figures together, arranged in a grid. Just the pictures, nothing else. I think that would look quite good.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#34 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Glad you guys find it useful!

Stronium, thanks for that suggestion. I was thinking of doing photo grids of all the figures in each part like that, but I'll probably wait to do that until I have images for the figures that are currently still missing. I was thinking I'd add each one to its specific "part" page, but I do like your idea of them all together on one page.

For now, if if you have Flickr account and log in, you can see a big grid of almost all the figures in my Neclos set linked below (they're not arranged by part though):

http://www.flickr.co...157629666069076

#35 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

I am sorry to break away from the main dialogue between you and Rid, but I just wanted to say "Thank you" for doing this Frank. I only ever saw a few of these figures, and never really felt compelled to get into the line... But I didn't even realize how many of the sculpts I really DID like, until you started doing features on your blog, and started this site. Great work, man.

#36 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

I am sorry to break away from the main dialogue between you and Rid, but I just wanted to say "Thank you" for doing this Frank. I only ever saw a few of these figures, and never really felt compelled to get into the line... But I didn't even realize how many of the sculpts I really DID like, until you started doing features on your blog, and started this site. Great work, man.

Jimmy, for some reason I missed this post when you first made it. Just saw it now. Thanks for letting me know that. It's really cool to hear my Neclos site/coverage is getting more people interested in the line!

#37 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Jimmy, for some reason I missed this post when you first made it. Just saw it now. Thanks for letting me know that. It's really cool to hear my Neclos site/coverage is getting more people interested in the line!

I love what you do, brother! Why else would I shout out to you as often as I can on social media?

#38 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Now that I have Cthulhu...

...Look at his back!  Is that another creature attached?  Are his wings part of something else?

#39 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

Now that I have Cthulhu...

...Look at his back!  Is that another creature attached?  Are his wings part of something else?

Hmm, it does kind of look like that, doesn't it?

#40 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

NeclosCthulhu_zps98ff83cd.jpg?t=13707357

#41 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

So, you know Teles, the Part 8 Player Character with a book on his head?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teles

#42 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:57 AM

Bumping this thread to let everyone know that the figure photo archive on NeclosFortress.com is finally complete! I have photos up now for all 320 main figures

–only thing missing now is the accessories for certain figures, which I will add when/if I get them.

I'm also working on something else I will be posting soon which I think will be helpful to anyone who collects Neclos. ;)

Since I finished my set I thought it would be cool to set them up for a group shot (not an easy task, haha). Here's what I was doing last night:

14913812341_6951740b20_b.jpg

14730281428_31b6cb6af6_b.jpg

14730222110_ef0d117920_b.jpg

#43 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

Awesome!

#44 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

Wow! That is quite a sight. Awesome collection, they look great displayed.

#45 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

congrats on completing it man, that display looks fantastic! 

so how much time do you think you spent standing up figures again after accidentally knocking them over ? ;)

Edited by bachamn, 14 August 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#46 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:43 AM

congrats on completing it man, that display looks fantastic! 

so how much time do you think you spent standing up figures again after accidentally knocking them over ? ;)

Thanks! 

Haha, it was a pretty big challenge. Some of them don't stand well so I had to strategically place them so they were leaning against something else. Sadly I won't be able to leave this display up long-term because I need that shelf for stuff that's not toys, and it's just not practical, but I'm letting it sit for a few days to take in the amazing Neclosness.  :)

#47 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

Congrats Frank! No easy task there, I'm glad to have helped complete that set!

Now I just need my last 2! :D

#48 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Congrats Frank! No easy task there, I'm glad to have helped complete that set!

Now I just need my last 2! :D

Thanks Eric, you've been a huge help! 

You need Talos and Cowboy, right? I'm keeping an eye out for you.

#49 andymonte

andymonte

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Wow amazing shot. I hope to get there soon. Ericnilla, I may have an extra Talos for you.

#50 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Please let me know if so!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com