516 replies to this topic

#176 CrazyMobius

CrazyMobius

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:35 AM

Question: Do these figures need to be pulled apart to remove the plastic around the joints?

Edited by CrazyMobius, 24 May 2016 - 02:40 AM.

#177 Sonny545

Sonny545

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:56 AM

Does anybody know if the Bandai Ultimate Muscle Ramenman is in scale with the figuarts figure?

#178 warsmankinniku

warsmankinniku

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:50 AM

Question: Do these figures need to be pulled apart to remove the plastic around the joints?

no you should cut the plastic off or just pull the plastic off

#179 warsmankinniku

warsmankinniku

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:55 PM

Yes I believe it is.

#180 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:36 AM

I'm replying to this here in addition to your thread just to keep things together in the Figuarts thread.

Does anybody know if the Bandai Ultimate Muscle Ramenman is in scale with the figuarts figure?

Hey Sony545, I would highly suggest NOT buying an Ultimate Muscle Ramenman

SvomNtJ.jpg

The American release, which is what that figure is, has really ugly miscolored joints. I lost the pieces to his mustache, which was enormous.
I enjoyed the figure a lot as a kid, which is how wear ended up tearing off his shirt at the waist. His ponytail also nearly came off.

I am 99% sure we'll see a far better Figuarts Ramenman with a thin, nicely painted mustache, better sculpted/articulated, in scale with figuarts. Perhaps even a slightly articulated ponytail in some way.

We may even see a Mongolman down the line (hopefully not as an exclusive)!

#181 warsmankinniku

warsmankinniku

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:52 AM

Out of the upcoming Figuarts releases (Ashuraman, Big the Budo, Kinnikunan Great, Robin Mask Manga colors, and Warsman manga colors) which one are you guys looking forward to the most?
Personally for me its Ashuraman.

#182 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:13 PM

OCE figures because so far it means second chances at figures in desirable colors with cool extra accessories, which may lead to second chances at Web Exclusive figures.

Which reminds me, there is one more OCE mock up I needed to do:

FQKoaXF.jpg

Brocken Jr. is hitting Mandarake. Here are some pic heavy reviews in Japanese, all definitely worth a look:

http://blog.livedoor...es/5052838.html
http://ameblo.jp/045...2164593177.html

http://irsm07.kamaku...キン肉マン/?pageNo=3

And for anyone with any interest in these figures at all, this guy does some awesome abridged recreations of the Manga fights. For sure check out his Ninja review:
http://blog.goo.ne.j...52363bd29f22282

#183 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Romando's Kinnikuman line

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:01 AM

Out of the upcoming Figuarts releases (Ashuraman, Big the Budo, Kinnikunan Great, Robin Mask Manga colors, and Warsman manga colors) which one are you guys looking forward to the most?

Nothing's been announced, but I'd really love Junk Man or Spring Man. Mammoth Man or Satan Cross would also be amazing. Big the Budo looks amazing but I doubt I'll ever get him.

#184 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:27 PM

I've been giving this more thought, and the part that concerns me most is, how will the Ramenman figure look with Buffaloman? These are the two I would be most interested in paring up.

26gkOFk.jpg

How do you guys feel about scale across the figuarts line so far? I think it's really good all across the board. Buffaloman is acceptable, but there's no way he could get away with being any smaller. Would you guys say his size is accurate? I know the character's scale seems to shift from panel to panel.

#185 Sonny545

Sonny545

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:56 AM

Your comment made me reconsider if I should get the Ramenman or not, thanks for the picture.

Still not quite sure yet though, if I should just order one as there are no alternatives at the moment. The mustache is easy to customize and repainting the figure shouldn't be a big problem neither. 

So far I'm quite satisfied with the scale across the line, even though Buffaloman seems a little bit small.

Edited by Sonny545, 30 May 2016 - 06:56 AM.

#186 warsmankinniku

warsmankinniku

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:53 AM

I've been giving this more thought, and the part that concerns me most is, how will the Ramenman figure look with Buffaloman? These are the two I would be most interested in paring up.

26gkOFk.jpg

How do you guys feel about scale across the figuarts line so far? I think it's really good all across the board. Buffaloman is acceptable, but there's no way he could get away with being any smaller. Would you guys say his size is accurate? I know the character's scale seems to shift from panel to panel.

I love the figures but Neptuneman should be taller according to the kinnikuman wiki he is 240cm (7ft8)

#187 warsmankinniku

warsmankinniku

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:58 PM

Hey Kanji I was wondering if I could see a size comparison between medicos buffaloman and the figuarts buffaloman if possible??

#188 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

Hey Kanji I was wondering if I could see a size comparison between medicos buffaloman and the figuarts buffaloman if possible??

xeymhSj.jpg

Source:http://blog.livedoor...s/51967042.html

3dIIM56.jpg

Source:http://blogs.yahoo.c...n/40106437.html

#189 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:45 AM

From what I can gather via google images and youtube, the original Anime didn't make larger characters such as Buffaloman and Neptuneman vastly taller than other characters, just more massive. Since the line appears to be mostly based on the original Anime, it makes sense why these characters are scaled the way they are. Tamashii Nations kind of did the same thing with their recent Bowser, which is not quite the huge articulated Bowser we've all been wanting, but more like the original 8-bit era, smaller Bowser.

NfuwNv8.jpg

1PWf6KB.jpg

ZYgwCXM.jpg

xIl9I1v.jpg

BiRkPAs.jpg

jdVaoog.jpg

Edited by toyhandle, 31 May 2016 - 09:47 AM.

#190 warsmankinniku

warsmankinniku

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:08 AM

Thank you
Ahh I see in that case the scale is fine

#191 BrockenmanJr

BrockenmanJr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

Guessing I might be a little late to the party, but my Brocken arrived today!

Lu1kEOGg.jpg

Really like what they've done with this one!

#192 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:27 AM

Does anyone else get a lot of paint rub or paint scratches on their figures? 3 of the 4 I own have something that nags at me. Like blue rubbing on SFTT Kinnikuman's thighs, or green rubbing on Neptuneman's arms.

Edited by toyhandle, 10 June 2016 - 06:27 AM.

#193 warsmankinniku

warsmankinniku

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

Does anyone else get a lot of paint rub or paint scratches on their figures? 3 of the 4 I own have something that nags at me. Like blue rubbing on SFTT Kinnikuman's thighs, or green rubbing on Neptuneman's arms.

Black marks on soldiers arms for me

#194 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:00 PM

It's a bummer. I'll see if hot water gets the marks off. I feel like it should, since all of these are cases of paint from other parts rubbing off onto another.

Does anyone with 4 Tamashii Ring Corners know if the Binding Spider Web is possible? I haven't seen it anywhere, so I assume it is not. Ropes are likely too taut.

AqL84g9.png

Edited by toyhandle, 13 June 2016 - 02:01 PM.

#195 warsmankinniku

warsmankinniku

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:55 AM

It's a bummer. I'll see if hot water gets the marks off. I feel like it should, since all of these are cases of paint from other parts rubbing off onto another.

Does anyone with 4 Tamashii Ring Corners know if the Binding Spider Web is possible? I haven't seen it anywhere, so I assume it is not. Ropes are likely too taut.

AqL84g9.png

For me no. But that may be do to how I did my ropes so it might be possible depending on the tightness of your ropes.

#196 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:46 AM

I meant to respond to this weeks back. I'm also getting excited about Ashuraman. He releases this week, but sadly it's taking 4 weeks for SAL parcels to reach me at the moment. Brocken Jr. only just arrived today!

The figure I'm most looking forward to however is Budo. He's huge and the finish quality on larger Tamashii figures is always better. Going to be awesome to display him.

Desperate to know who our next character will be after these September repaints. It's been a long time since the last announcement.

I've got my fingers crossed for Blackhole and Pentagon!!

Edited by Kanji, 20 June 2016 - 07:46 AM.

#197 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:14 PM

Also an FYI as mentioned previously. Pre-orders for Kinnikuman Great closed TODAY! Nippon Yasan still have 3 units available, but after they are gone you may see the price hike like Ninja and Budo did, so don't say I didn't warn ya!

https://www.nippon-y...ed-edition.html

#198 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:07 AM

Brocken Jr. finally arrived! 10 Figures into this series, and 3 more due this year!! Still undecided on the Original Colour Versions.

Now this begs the question, where the hell am I gonna fit Ashuraman and Big the Budo!! Time to get another 4 ring corners??

MhD5vi8.jpg

Edited by Kanji, 21 June 2016 - 07:52 AM.

#199 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:09 PM

Nice setup! Which fig would you say is your favorite so far?

Anyone got a pic of Buffaloman with the Akuma Shogun head?

iH3iG3T.png

#200 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:07 PM

Nice setup! Which fig would you say is your favorite so far?

Anyone got a pic of Buffaloman with the Akuma Shogun head?

iH3iG3T.png

Thanks! That's a really hard one, but i'd probably have to say Ataru as he's one of my favorite characters from the manga.

Things may change however with the release of Ashuraman, Budo and Great as all 3 of those also look amazing. Muscle docking is probably my favorite move in the entire series!!

Go Chojin Blood Brigade!

343e5bc4.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com