Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:10 PM

Kevin Mask
Company: Romandoh
Packaging: Carded blister pack.
Size: 8 ¼” tall. Kevin Mask towers over the other G2 Romandohs. Kevin is also a heavy figure.
Where Can I Buy It?: The selection of places to purchase new Romandohs is pretty limited. Either you buy from xxxxxxx.com or you use an auction service like Rinkya.com or Celga.com and purchase them on yahoojapan. xxxxxxx.com is the cheaper choice. Plus, xxxxxxx.com gives you free shipping!

Price Range: $60.00. Yup, Kevin ain’t a cheap one. I have seen him on yahoojapan for as low as $30. But, you still have to tack on bank transfer fees, the auction service’s fees and shipping from Japan.

Sculpt (4.5 out of 5): This has been Romandoh’s strength on all of their G2 figures. Kevin Mask is no exception. He has an excellent sculpt. The plastic used is a nice heavy sturdy plastic unlike the cheap rubbery plastic on a Marvel Legends figure.

His muscles are defined without being cartoon-ish. Kevin has some scary buff deltoids. Kevin’s sculpt has plenty of attention to detail. His pants have creases and stitching. His boots have detailed buckles. His hair has nice detail as does the feather hanging from his helmet. His back sports that bad-arse tattoo. The spider-web design is well done complete with the human figures trapped in the webbing. Perfect. Romandoh did a fantastic job making it look like Kevin just stepped from the pages of the UM manga.

Paint (3 out of 5): Romandoh has been delivering some incredible paint jobs on all of the G2 figures leading up to this one. However, this is the first figure where I see mistakes. Overall, the paint job is very nice. The colors are perfect. His skin has a nice flesh tone that gives him a realistic look. His pants are a flat slightly faded black like most black clothing tends to look after some age. The pants have the pink and yellow stitching on the sides. His boots are a flat brown with gold buckles and a pink line around the tops.
His hair is grey even though it is brown in the anime. His helmet is a cool purple metallic paint.

And his back has the bad-assed tattoo. This is where the painting flaws are noticed. There is some bleeding around the webbing. It isn’t terrible, however, it could have been avoided. Overall, the tattoo still looks sweet. However, this is the first time I have noticed any real flaws in the paint job on a Romandoh G2 figure.

One other observatino is that Romandoh continues to use metal rivets for the elbow joints instead of painted ones. I'm not too sure why they do this, but all Romandohs both G1 and G2 have this trait.

Articulation (3.5 out of 5): Kevin has standard articulation for a G2 figure. He has 17 points of articulation at his neck, ball and socket shoulders, elbows, wrists, upper abs, waist, hips, knees and ankles. It isn’t Microman level articulation, but it is more than enough articulation for a figure of this weight and size.

Accessories (5 out of 5): Romandoh really came through in this department. Kevin comes with a dMp shirt and his trademark trench coat. I was initially worried about the quality of these items. Clothing for action figures usually tend to be of extremely low quality and can be flat out cheesy. Romandoh made sure my fears did not come true.

The dMp shirt is made of a nice stretchy synthetic material that fits Kevin perfectly. There is a Velcro strip in the back of the shirt so you can easily put the shirt on Kevin and then Velcro the two sides of the shirt together and you have a perfect fit. The shirt does not restrict any of the figure’s arm or shoulder movement. The shirt is of nice quality material and looks great.

The trench coat kicks butt. It is a high quality coat that is well done. It is made of a soft synthetic material with faux leather shoulder guards. The coat also has silver buttons along the sides. The trench coat is easy to put on Kevin and looks very cool. It hangs well on him and does not restrict the movement of his arms and shoulders. Well designed with nice materials and attention to detail is how nice clothing for an action figure is done. Good job, Romandoh.

Action Features: N/A

Coolness (5 out of 5): Kevin Mask is cool. Period. Kevin Mask with a dMp t-shirt and black trench coat? Incredibly cool. Period. This is a tough looking figure. Kevin has plenty of attitude and a menacing appearance.

Value (3 out of 5): Ok, Kevin is not a good buy. No Romandoh can ever be considered to be a good buy. You buy Romandohs because you either enjoy very nicely done figures or you are a Kinniku-freak. I am both. I cannot with a straight face tell anyone to go out and drop$60 on an action figure. However, I gave Kevin a 3 in this category, because I think it counts that this is a very well done figure with excellent accessories. Plus, this is a figure that is extremely rare in America. So, while I completely agree and acknowledge that he is expensive, I do think he is worth the price considering the quality and that rarity of the figure.

Overall (4 out of 5): Kevin is one of my favorite characters from the manga and anime. Obviously, I was looking forward to this figure. I was not disappointed. This is one of my favorite Romandohs. The figure is very well done and looks fantastic. Plus, he comes with great accessories! If you can afford to shell out the dough for this figure then I totally recommend you do so. Kevin Mask is a cool addition to any toy collection. The lone wolf will make your other action figures pee their pants.

Here is a pic of Kevin with his trench coat.

Attached Files

Edited by Rokk, 07 May 2005 - 06:18 PM.

#2 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:11 PM

Kevin in his dMp shirt.

Attached Files

#3 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Kevin Mask without his shirt.

Attached Files

#4 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Kevin's wicked tattoo.

Attached Files

#5 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

Comparison pic of Kevin and the rest of the G2 Romandohs. Kevin towers over the other G2 chojins.

Attached Files

Edited by Rokk, 07 May 2005 - 06:16 PM.

#6 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

Kevin Mask v. Robin Mask

Attached Files

#7 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:14 PM

It is a classic test of strength between two wrestlers. Who's yo Daddy, Kevin?

Attached Files

#8 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:14 PM

Kevin Mask v. Suguru

Attached Files

#9 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:51 PM

Wow... this really is a good figure, although he might be a little too tall.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:01 PM

he might be a little too tall.

No kiddin, why did they make him so huge? He towers over his dad and others. I do not remember him being bigger than Checkmate.

Awesome review! Thanks for all the good pics too.

#11 SlamMaster

SlamMaster

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Video games, Reading, 80'S nu Wave Music, etc.

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:02 AM

Great review Rokk! The review was very thorough and answered all my questions. The pictures were entertaining and I agree with what Doc Moore said, he is tall! The clothes were great and the test of strength picture was entertaining as well. Thank you for the review!
Omega Man has arrived in Romandoh form.

#12 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:01 PM

Glad you guys enjoyed the review and the pics. I wasn't too surprised at how tall Romandoh made Kevin. I always imagined him as being a large power chojin. Kind of like a Kevin Nash of the chojin world.

#13 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:16 PM

About an inch too tall. In the comic, he's about eight inches taller than Mantaro.

Checkmate should be level with him in height, not shorter. Ditto with Trannoclaw-- Trannoclaw should've been MUCH larger.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#14 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:08 AM

Trannoclaw

EWWWW. I knew there was something not quite right about... "him". :D

Man, Kevin Mask looks so impressive! Yeah, he does seem too big compared to the others, but at least he was done well. I especially dig the inclusion of the shirt AND the trench coat. Sure, I'll almost never purchase a Romandoh due to the cost, but this is one that certainly does its best to tempt me.

Edited by Boaconda, 10 May 2005 - 05:08 AM.

#15 niseikid

niseikid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:45 AM

What bothers me about this romandoh is that its way taller than the others.

#16 Guest_Thierry_*

Guest_Thierry_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:35 AM

Kevin's wicked tattoo.

;) :woot: :wub:
Posted Image

#17 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:49 AM

About an inch too tall. In the comic, he's about eight inches taller than Mantaro.

Checkmate should be level with him in height, not shorter. Ditto with Trannoclaw-- Trannoclaw should've been MUCH larger.

Checkmate is taller than Kevin, he's around 221 cm, Kevin is 218, and Robin 217, so that figure is indeed too tall

#18 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

I agree, this is an excellent figure! In fact, so much so that I bought the second version of this figure with the pink shirt!

I really want to get the one of Kevin in his ring gear but those go for some crazy high prices on Yahoo Jp. :rolleyes:

Attached Files

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com