Shadow Warriors (USA)
Laser Beasts
Dragonautes (French)
Combanimaux (Canadian)

Anyone know of any others?

Latin America
Other European countries

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 28 May 2004 - 02:51 PM.

#2 Darth Monkey

Darth Monkey

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 02:46 PM

The Laser Beast in the U.S. were marketed as Shadow Warriors.

Also, in Canada, they are also known as "Combanimaux", literally translated as Battle Animals.

#3 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:52 PM

The Laser Beast in the U.S. were marketed as Shadow Warriors.

Also, in Canada, they are also known as "Combanimaux", literally translated as Battle Animals.

Thanks...I edited the list...

TGB

#4 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:55 AM

Do any of the German or Dutch members here know what the Battle Beasts were called in Deutchland?
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#5 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:32 AM

Or for that matter, the Greek beasts? I've seen the Parthenon--now I want to know what they call their toys!
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#6 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:39 AM

in spain, it was Bestias de combate, and i think in italia it was Armada Bestiale. in germany and dutch, i think they were also called Battle Beasts...
ask it to lord, i must know.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#7 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:11 PM

in spain, it was Bestias de combate, and i think in italia it was Armada Bestiale. in germany and dutch, i think they were also called Battle Beasts...
ask it to lord, i must know.

you're totally right.

In France it's not "Dragonautes" but "Les Dragonautes"
It's strange that this word doesn't litterally translated as battle/combat beasts/animals. It's a totally different name. Why Hasbro France choose such a name for france ? I don't know.

Sylvain

#8 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:50 PM

It's strange that this word doesn't litterally translated as battle/combat beasts/animals. It's a totally different name. Why Hasbro France choose such a name for france ? I don't know.

Sylvain

I'm not sure since i don't speak or read the language, but in Canada the French-Canadians spell and speak certain words differently in French as the "real" French would.....it could be just that, a translation???

#9 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:17 PM

In holland/the netherlands its called... hang on to your seats... ... Battle Beasts original huh! :lol:

Edited by delta81, 30 March 2005 - 02:18 PM.

#10 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:20 PM

Sylvain

I'm not sure since i don't speak or read the language, but in Canada the French-Canadians spell and speak certain words differently in French as the "real" French would.....it could be just that, a translation???

I'm french and I can tell you that Dragonautes doesn't mean Battle Beasts. When I start to collect them aftre founding back those from my childhood I spent a lot of time on the internet and specially on ebay searching for the english name of "Les dragonautes"

#11 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:41 PM

Sylvain

I'm french and I can tell you that Dragonautes doesn't mean Battle Beasts. When I start to collect them aftre founding back those from my childhood I spent a lot of time on the internet and specially on ebay searching for the english name of "Les dragonautes"

Hey Lord (or any other French member), what does "Les Dragonautes" translate into English?

#12 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:26 PM

Hey, I know it isn't on the package but on the Back of the Dutch Les Dragonautes, they have in Ducth STRIJDBEEST, "Van elk strijbeest bestaan er nog twee dezelfde, maar pas op... " translation "For each Fight Animal "Battle Beast" exist two of the same like him, but beware..."
Thought you would be interested.

And in German is was Battle Beasts, but I think it would be translated Kreigtiere.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#13 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:10 AM

Hey Lord (or any other French member), what does "Les Dragonautes" translate into English?

Well... "les" is a plural "the", dragon is the same word in the 2 language : a mithic animal, and "-nautes" at the end of the word refers to astronautes, cosmonautes (the man on the moon). ...it's not very clear...
for my part, i would translate that by "people of Dragon" , as if Dragon was a country .

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#14 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:45 AM

Well... "les" is a plural "the", dragon is the same word in the 2 language : a mithic animal, and "-nautes" at the end of the word refers to astronautes, cosmonautes (the man on the moon). ...it's not very clear...
for my part, i would translate that by "people of Dragon" , as if Dragon was a country .

Thanks for translating it trumanshower! :lol: ;)

So "Les Dragonautes" roughly means "The People of the Dragon". Sounds kinda cool. :D

#15 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:03 AM

Thanks for translating it trumanshower! ;) :D

So "Les Dragonautes" roughly means "The People of the Dragon". Sounds kinda cool. :D

So that means my Deadly Dragon rules the Beastformer planet....... :lol:

#16 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:05 AM

...So that means my Deadly Dragon rules the Beastformer planet....... :lol:

Well let's not get carried away here now Orca. It's a well known fact that nothing you do "rules". ;) ;) :D :D

#17 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:37 AM

Hey, I know it isn't on the package but on the Back of the Dutch Les Dragonautes, they have in Ducth STRIJDBEEST, "Van elk strijbeest bestaan er nog twee dezelfde, maar pas op... " translation "For each Fight Animal "Battle Beast" exist two of the same like him, but beware..."
Thought you would be interested.

And in German is was Battle Beasts, but I think it would be translated Kreigtiere.

On the front of the 2-packs they were called Batte Beasts, just like in germany and the usa, nothing special there. Only series three was released over here, a big shame :D

Sometimes the weapons were with the wrong beasts, but not very often. Next to that, I think the european beasts are of a lower quality than the japanese beasts and maybe also the american beasts. The plastic seems softer and the paint less vivid.

The bandolier was widely spread around here, but no chariots and bases as far as I can remember.

That rounds up my thoughts on BB's in the Netherlands. Delta81, do you have something to add here?

#18 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 05:12 AM

On the front of the 2-packs they were called Batte Beasts, just like in germany and the usa, nothing special there. Only series three was released over here, a big shame :D

ONLY serie 3 !!! Are you sure of that ?

Do you have any pic of the back of the card ? And does it say "made in china" or is it another country ?

Sylvain

#19 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 05:20 AM

I have none of those packages left, but I'm 100% sure about the name and the availabillity of only the series one around here. Strange, huh?

About the made in china part, I'm not sure, sorry.

#20 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 05:22 AM

Ah, I see the problem, I miss-typed :D

Sorry for that sylvain, logically, I meant only series one B)

#21 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 02:41 PM

Sorry have nothing to add here markderoos! I was very young at the time so I don't know much about it... But now I am the proud owner of a moc from the netherlands! When I find the time I will post some photos of it!

(and mark my want list is on the way sorry for the delay! :D )

#22 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:23 AM

No problem :D

#23 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 01:28 AM

Hello,

Sorry that I do not have anything to offer to the name list. However, I was wondering if there was a chance of having the different international figures which were manufactured differently added to the price guide?

-lewis
I want to buy a #1 White Lion complete w/weapon

My feedback: positive 10 / neutral 1 / negative 0
Link: http://forums.beastf...?showtopic=1062

#24 Yom

Yom

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:03 AM

To me "-nautes" means "navigators", like the Argonauts in "Jason and Argonauts"

I think that "Dragonautes" doesn't really mean something. "Dragon" reminds us the imagination and fantasy, which is concerned by toys.
The "Dragonautes" are toys that bring us into the world of imagination and fantasy. That is my definition. :rolleyes:

Another question for you, to help me with my future battle beast's story :
I already have one for my "Dino Gruesome Gator" : Lacertus (I guess Artimus Prime would apreciate this name ;) ).
But i need a name for my "blue armored ferocious tiger" . i need a name for my "blue armored ferocious tiger" :D . I though I could use the japanese name "Goldar", but it doesn't sound good enough to me... This one is gonna be the hero. I need a good name. :(
Any idea ?? :wacko:

Edited by Yom, 15 July 2005 - 01:04 AM.

Ready for battle
Posted Image

#25 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:37 AM

Hello,

Sorry that I do not have anything to offer to the name list. However, I was wondering if there was a chance of having the different international figures which were manufactured differently added to the price guide?

-lewis

that's a good idea, but a hard task to come to pass as there would have to be super clear/sharp pics taken, and a additional spot added to the listing for each character which would be crazy hard for marty or johnny to do in there spare time!

marty is already swamped w/ the process of the french shields & fire lion orders, he wouldn't be free to do anything else till the summer 2 years from now!!! :rolleyes:

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com