• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 grappp

grappp

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:BattleBeast, Armorvor, Glyos, O.M.F.G, S.L.U.G. Zombies... Toys, toys, toys... ))))

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

Any more news on series of 5?

Or maybe Jakks closed the line of toys? :(

#52 jhayward1283

jhayward1283

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

Line is dead sir.... :(

#53 grappp

grappp

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:BattleBeast, Armorvor, Glyos, O.M.F.G, S.L.U.G. Zombies... Toys, toys, toys... ))))

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

This is bad news :(
There is an official confirmation from the company itself?

#54 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

This is bad news :(
There is an official confirmation from the company itself?

www.slugzombies.com

they closed the site.....been that way for a month-ish i think.

#55 grappp

grappp

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

Yes, I know.
It's very sad

#56 lordlee

lordlee

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

i guess some one should tell the losers that they should finish what they started befor they stopped making them. i call that "false advertising"

Edited by lordlee, 29 August 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#57 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

There was packaged Series 5 stock that never made it out of the warehouse. It will probably end up at some discount store at some point.

#58 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

There was packaged Series 5 stock that never made it out of the warehouse. It will probably end up at some discount store at some point.

So series 5 figures actually exist in physical form, but are hiding away in warehouses somewhere? How do you know that bud? I hope they do make it out one day so that I can add them to my complete set. I suppose it's too much to ask that series 6 also exist, but are in warehouses too... That Mini-Gun Max was such an awesome sculpt.

#59 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

A friend of mine was there at Jakks at the end of 2012 and saw final packaged series 5 product.

Knowing what usually happens to tail-enders (like the Ultimate Muscle Series 2 action figures) and with him having seen the final packaged figures there, my best guess is that they will be sold as a discount lot to somewhere like Dollar General, Big Lots, etc.

But they were made and packaged. How many? No idea.

#60 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

So there's a tiny little hope to see S5 in stores at some point, I knew that the molds were done but not that they actually produced the figures, let alone packaged and ready to be shipped!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#61 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

I would actually care, haha, series five had Zombie Popeye. Other than that, I am just bummed that we'll never get SLUG Monsters or Aliens.

#62 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

I didn't realize they actually existed in produced/packaged form either. I would love to see them appear in discount stores. I wonder how long it would take though--it's already been a couple years.

And I agree Jimmy, I was most excited to see what they'd do with the monsters and aliens. I wonder if they had any designs/sculpts worked up for them.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#63 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

I would actually care, haha, series five had Zombie Popeye. Other than that, I am just bummed that we'll never get SLUG Monsters or Aliens.

Would love more SLUG!

#64 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Minifigures and Wrestling

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

I was sad when they canceled, I had just started collecting them since they were all available at Target. When Series 5 came up for order by retail I placed orders for my store but I guess retail did not buy enough since they canceled it shortly after.

Hopefully they show up, given how this stuff works I could totally see it be a Dollar General type of item but it could also end up overseas. We just need to keep a lookout!

#65 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:25 PM

Truly a shame the series wasn't completed. Did anybody ever happen upon any of those series 5 figures at discount stores?

#66 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:34 PM

Truly a shame the series wasn't completed. Did anybody ever happen upon any of those series 5 figures at discount stores?

They never made it to retail anywhere.  I think fkro got ahold of someone who had production pictures of actual series 5 figures though. 

Photos are on this thread with a link to an interview that fkro did with the illustrator on the SLUG project:

www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=220004

Edited by steverotters, 09 July 2015 - 08:39 PM.

#67 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

Ah yes. I read that post a few months ago and my heart aches anew just looking at all of those killer sculpts. There was a zombie crawling out of an arcade game for the love of God!!! And don't even get me started on what would've been a sweet line of monsters and in a slick shade of blue nonetheless. Ugh. Thanks for tearing open that wound, Rotters! 

#68 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

The guys who were behind SLUG seemed surprised by the amount of interest expressed as a result of that interview and made it sound like the remaining figures being resurrected in some way wasn't totally out of the question. Haven't heard anything since then, though.

#69 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:36 PM

First and foremost, you did a great job with that interview, Frank. S.L.U.G was the line that got me back into actively collecting before that I kicked around on the internet simply looking at pictures of my childhood treasures and reading tidbits here and there. In terms of creativity and overall quality of sculpts I think it's the best of the recent series of mini-figures. I won't give up hope just yet that the line may live again.  

#70 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:23 AM

The guys who were behind SLUG seemed surprised by the amount of interest expressed as a result of that interview and made it sound like the remaining figures being resurrected in some way wasn't totally out of the question. Haven't heard anything since then, though.

If they ever did revive the line they need to work out their distribution kinks. I think partly why the line died was that everyone wound up with the same doubles, totally killing the trading aspect of a collectable mini figure line.

#71 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

If they ever did revive the line they need to work out their distribution kinks. I think partly why the line died was that everyone wound up with the same doubles, totally killing the trading aspect of a collectable mini figure line.

I think their best bet would be to do an online thing, like Kickstarter. I'm sure they could get production of the remaining ones and the monsters funded by collectors. And if it didn't get funded, they wouldn't lose anything.

#72 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:10 AM

I think their best bet would be to do an online thing, like Kickstarter. I'm sure they could get production of the remaining ones and the monsters funded by collectors. And if it didn't get funded, they wouldn't lose anything.

I would definitely be down for that. There's some must-have gems among those unreleased.

#73 typicalstereo

typicalstereo

Half Ironman/Half Sausage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Looking for Germs, McNuggets, WoN Mario stuff, and Friday the 13th (and horror in general).

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:48 PM

I second that!

#74 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

Still holding out hope for that warehouse find.....they ARE out there!

need Ventura, Sumo, the Dude, and Popeye!!

Attached File  More-Realistic-Popeye-03.jpg   91.8K   0 downloads

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#75 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

OMG, you're alive!

Welcome back bro!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com