• Please log in to reply
952 replies to this topic

#51 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

I am all of a sudden having a really hard time finding the first red & gold Iron Man figure. It used to be everywhere, and i can still find the stealth armor version most places (which i got). But the red/gold one has disappeared. :shok:

There are two red and gold scum one with a circular chest piece and one with a triangular chest piece

Best,
Chris

In the Extremis armor? The wave 1 figure that got repainted into the stealth version? Because i do have the red/gold Iron Man in his more classic armor that came out in wave 3.

Either having minor variants isn't necessary for me, i just really wanna pick up the standard colored extremis armor version.

I'll keep an eye out for you. What number is it, so I don't confuse him with the more classic look you already have?

001. Easy to remember. :) Thanks!!
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#52 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

Don't know how much luck I'll have since I'm waiting for the Ditko Iron Man with Giant Man/Goliath coming out later :)

#53 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:20 AM

SDCC figures are priced now.

The Frozen Cap/black&white will be $9.99

And the Invaders 4 pack will be $39.99

So if any of you crapshoots will be going to the con this month and know for 100% sure you will be in line for these yourself, do let me know please. I will send you the money before the show. :blink: If no, I'll have to try and catch the leftovers that will be quickly sucked up at Hasbrotoyshop.com Hopefully the prices will be the same on there. I actually expected these to be a little higher myself.

Posted Image

#54 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:56 AM

No luck Scumdogg. Plenty of the gold and red at Wal-Mart but it was all the "classic" version. And K-Mart was wiped out of everything but a Spider-Man and a couple of Johnny Storms. I had high hopes for K-Mart since it's where I found the Silver Surfer but nothing.

#55 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

Alrighty! Got my first Marvel Universe today and it was a big one, literally. Rulk!

I don't have a camera, otherwise I'd do a full review on this badboy. Here's what I can say about Red Hulk - the sculpt is excellent. Unlike the Hulks, he gets two decent smashing fists, which is what a Hulk should be all about. Which is funny, because his first notable act is killing Abomination with a gun. The head is also perfect, with spiky hair and a snarling, enraged face that puts the previous Hulks to shame. Everything else about the body is reused from Hulk, but as he's my first, that doesn't matter, and it works regardless.

The heft of this figure is incredible. No matter what criticisms can be launched at this line, you get your money's worth here. The paint is also well-done, what little of it is necessary, right down to Rulk's yellow pupils and brown thumbnails. There's also two versions of Rulk, one with a brighter, unwashed red and another that's darker and appears to have a black wash applied to his skin. I got the latter, and it's really a perfect likeness to his comic book incarnation.

Where you really feel the pain is the lack of accessories aside from his Fury File, and worse, articulation. Now I know what the complaints about his hip articulation meant. Rulk's head is on a swivel joint and its placement on his chest means it spins around in front of him. He can rooster his head to the side, not turn around. His arms are well-articulated, with balljoint shoulders with limited movement in and out, unrestricted ball elbows, and swivel fists. Waist articulation is nonexistent, because he has a 360 abdomen! Feet are hinge joints, knees are ball joints, and the hips are... ugh. They're swivel joints, and they're the worst, most ill-conceived joints I have ever seen on a modern figure in recent memory. Because they do absolutely nothing. Spin them 360 degrees if you want, because it won't change a thing, won't alter his spread-leg pose, won't let him kick forward, won't let him do anything dynamic with his legs, won't do anything. If it wasn't for this combination of terrible hip sculpt and worse joints, he would be magnificent. They're like hip joints from the 90s. Sure, he can move them, but do that, and he'll never stand. The bright side is that he can assume goofy-ass poses because of his excellent knees and feet, but he'll never sit, doomed forever to stand instead.

Edited by Boaconda, 13 July 2009 - 03:53 PM.

#56 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

For me so far the worst is the Green Goblin figure because all the iconic images in my head are of him kind of squatting on his goblin glider, it just looks weird him standing up.

#57 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

i'm starting to get jealous with all these red hulks popping up in not my toy collection. i've been too beat down or busy to go hunting for one though. maybe later this week.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#58 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

Well, Wednesday I plan on hitting the town for the heck of it. Hopefully I'll see something interesting. I have only seen 1 Red Hulk and that was the one I bought. I am still very unsure about the so called variant either. It sounds more like a factory production difference than an intentional variant. However I'd have to see it in person. I have the matte version though. I have a feeling that the glossy one is just lacking some sort of spray apps. Factories have been known to settle for what they have available if they run out of something like a particular color or what have you in the middle of production runs. That's why there are so many subtle figure variations throughout the Star Wars toylines and just about everything else.....They even cut corners and will stop painting spots on a figure to cut down on time.

But if anyone needs a Red Hulk, and I manage to stumble upon one I'd be happy to pick it up and sell it to you at cost + shipping. Just let me know. In fact if your looking for any particular figure let me know and I'll check for it. I need something to do anyways. :)

My main mission is to just relax, maybe score some Clearance Muggs, possibly find that Red Hulk variant so I can see what the fuss is about, and maybe if they are in stock by then pick me up some Handful of Heroes.... I've also heard rumors that some of the new Xmen origins figs have been hitting shelves along with the one of the Marvel Universe 3 packs. Either way it should be a good day if it ain't raining. :D

Posted Image

#59 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:01 PM

In fact if your looking for any particular figure let me know and I'll check for it. I need something to do anyways. :D

Still looking for red & gold Modern Iron Man, figure #001, if you happen to run across one. :)

I was up in Cleveland for a wedding this past weekend and we hit a Kmart that happened to pop up on the way home. True to what people have been saying, it was a graveyard for earlier figures. Still no Iron Man, Daredevil, or Bullseye (although i'm starting to hear that Bullseye and DD will show up in some refresher cases soon), but they did have a ton of the flamed-on Torch, Stealth Armor Iron Man, and weird big head Punisher figures. I almost picked up that Human Torch figure since it's my favorite of the fifty versions they've released or announced for him so far, but the fact that every figure at this store was at least 20% higher than it should be stopped me.

Seriously they had a ton of old Mighty Muggs, characters i hadn't seen in ages, "clearanced" down to $11 from $15. Yet the Kmart near me is one of the cheapest places to get action figures. What a strange chain.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#60 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

Alright, RedHulk and #1 Iron Man for Scummy...anyone else? First come first serve folks. :) I'll be picking them for who asks first. :D So on the off chance I find 2 or 3 Red Hulks laying around you better say something now! Cause I won't buy them if I don't need em. ;)

I was seeing tons of the #1 Iron Mans for a while, but seeing how I havn't been out toy hunting since my traffic ticket it's possible there won't be any left. Also the prices in my area have been $7.99 Target Toys'R'Us, $8.44 Walmart, and $8.99 Kmart. So if there is a price limit minus shipping you guys need you better let me know. :p

Posted Image

#61 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

I'm cool with anything up to ten plus shipping.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#62 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:34 AM

If you see a Black Panther, I'd like one.

#63 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

And a Black Panther for Mrjay.

Posted Image

#64 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

red hulk would be mighty keen. gray hulk if they have one as well.

is there a checklist of all the figures that i'm too stupid to know about? link me please.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#65 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

Since I'm a mod there, even though the place is mostly dead, I might as well pimp out a link to the Toyark when such an opportunity arises.

Fury Files Checklist

FYI, my Red Hulk wasn't even obtained in a store, as I still haven't seen another in person. That was courtesy of our dear friend Battlechaser7, for a trade.

I'm not sure about the Rulk variants myself, but it's hard to tell with the line, considering that the slightly-darker Wave 1 Spidey is apparently a legitimate variant as well.

Oh, and I just noticed this gem in my last post. Silly filter.

He can rooster his head to the side, not turn around.

URS, put me down for a Bullseye. Sigh. And, if you hit a TRU with Dragon Knight figures, Kamen Rider Camo too? Pweeze?

Edited by Boaconda, 14 July 2009 - 05:42 PM.

#66 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

http://comicfigs.net/ I personally like ComicFigs. Not so much a checklist as much a photo archive.

So okay... So far I have....

Scumdogg for an Iron Man and Red Hulk
Mrjayberry for Black Panther
Dankingery for a Red Hulk......Gray Hulk Fat Chance, but if I on a miracle find more than one you got it. ;)
Boaconda for Bullseye and a Kamen Rider in Camo?

Alright, any changes or stuff then let me know. Just so everyone knows, I'm not looking to buy these things...then trade them, unless you have something specifically from my needs list. So Cash compensation will be what I expect. ;) Hope that doesn't sound jerky...Just doing this as a favor to you awesomely fun guys! ;)

Posted Image

#67 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:43 PM

In all honesty, the jerkiness comes from someone who expects that someone else is going to buy them a toy up-front, while not charging more than actual costs, and then try to welch on the deal with a trade instead. That crap warrants an immediate and brutal ass-whooping.

:ulp: And not a Kamen Rider in Camo, Kamen Rider Camo. He's got a chameleon motif and turns invisible... get it? :cry: He's also the only one I can't pick up from toysrus.com, all the Kamen Rider Dragon Knight toys are sale but Camo's short-packed (the crappy kind of invisible) and he hasn't been in stock in forever.

...I'll make a Kamen Rider toy thread sometime.
Posted Image

Edited by Boaconda, 14 July 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#68 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:15 AM

Alright! I remember now. In fact Tortle reviewed him. http://www.dorkdimen...and-dragon.html

Posted Image

#69 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:27 AM

OH! And this is last call! I will try to check back here 1 more time before I leave in an about 2 hours, so if anyone needs something let me know!

Didn't someone need a Silver Surfer a while ago? :ulp:

Posted Image

#70 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:33 AM

OH! And this is last call! I will try to check back here 1 more time before I leave in an about 2 hours, so if anyone needs something let me know!

Didn't someone need a Silver Surfer a while ago? :ulp:

I did but he's coming back out through other means (a TRU 3-pack or something?), so i'm just going to get mine that way. Trying to play this line smart for once and rebuy as few characters as possible. :cry:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#71 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

I just picked up a X-Force Wolvie at K-Mart. He's pretty neat. I never saw him before so I grabbed him. I also got a #1 Iron Man. (Sorry, Scum)

#72 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

I just picked up a X-Force Wolvie at K-Mart. He's pretty neat. I never saw him before so I grabbed him. I also got a #1 Iron Man. (Sorry, Scum)

Did they have any more? Unless you were somewhere crazy that's totally in driving range for me. :ulp:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#73 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

Did they have any more? Unless you were somewhere crazy that's totally in driving range for me. :D

No, I certainly would have bought you one. Actually they had those 2 figures, a Human Torch, and 2 Punishers.

#74 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

Okay, I got back home at about 6:45, and immediately took a nap. ;) That was exhausting! Almost got hit by some people a couple times today while driving around town...Terrible place, and the worst time I should have went. Left at Lunch...big mistake, and didn't get to the last area I was wanting to visit till work was out for everyone. So people don't know how to drive...and I'm sure I'm no better.

So for those of you who I found stuff for I hope your happy that I risked my life! :D J/K...I'd have done it anyway! Anything in the search for toys. :p

Sadly Scumdogg, there were no Iron Mans to be found! I literally saw every Wave 3 and 4 figure in stock at some point, this includes all the figures repacked with those 2 waves like Stealth Iron Man, Ronin, etc..

What was weird was that one K-mart actually had Wave 3 figs in stock! It didn't even dawn on me till I was walking out of the store. The very last store I stopped at was a K-mart, and right as SOON as I saw the first section of Pegs, the only Marvel Universe figure left was a Black Panther! :lol: So way to go on a simple request MrJayberry! :D I'll be P.M.ing you shortly.

Boaconda, I don't know what you mean by shortpacked for the Kamen Rider Camo fig, cause my TRU store had bunches. There were probably 30 or so on the pegs...and I was extremely tempted to buy a set myself, cause they do look pretty cool and fun to play with, but I hadn't planned on doing that, so I just picked up your Camo for you! So Score on another simple request!

And to Dan and Scummy....I did find a Red Hulk. In fact I found my biggest scores for today at Target! My Targets are having big clearance sales on a lot of lines! Mighty Muggs were all $7.98, the Star Wars Legacy 3 packs were $15.98, they had DC Infinite Heroes and stuff for like $3.99 each! It was sick! I love Target, and I find alot of stuff I'm looking for there quite often. So I bought the Red Hulk, 2 Muggs (Iron Man, Ghost Rider), and the Sith Legacy 3 pack I had been wanting for a while now! So that was fun!

The Red Hulk didn't look special to me, and at a glance I couldn't for the life of me see an immediate difference from the one I had at home. So I got him home and compared them, and sure enough it's the Glossy version! It's very weird! Almost surreal. The difference is so subtle, but you can immediately tell them apart! The color tones are slightly darker with the shiny appearance. The pants are darker and have a darker or deeper paint wash appearance. It's almost like they sprayed him with clear coat or something. I really can't figure out what was done so differently, but the difference is there, and it's almost sickening! I bet if you looked hard enough you would find similar variations with the other 2 hulks. So what I'm trying to get at is....NO HULKS FOR YOU!!! :lol: Sorry guys, but I have a disease, it's terminal, and I will enjoy my life while it's there. I was told I only have another 50 to 70 years left to live so I'm gonna spend that time keeping this Hulk! :D

But just so you guys know, this wasn't my Ultimate Toy Hunt trip. This was my basic route I usually take. I plan on going on my Ultimate trip as soon as Handful of Heroes are officially in my stores...So within the next 3 weeks after the SDCC probably I'll be going the full route checking every nook and cranny. Also don't loose hope cause Red Hulk is slotted for repacking with Wave 5 along with Gray Hulk. And the possibility of finding the #001 Iron man is open since he was supposed to be cased with Wave 4 figures. So if you guys are still needing these by then I'll be sure to grab them for you...And I promise I won't keep the Red Hulks next time.....unless their different....:cry:

Scumdogg for an Iron Man and Red Hulk = Score 0/2
Mrjayberry for Black Panther = Score 1/1
Dankingery = Score 0/2
Boaconda = Score 1/2

Again sorry to you guys on the Red Hulk, I feel like a jerk! And glad I could help you other guys. I'll be posting pics of my #001 Iron Man Army soon! :D

j/k. ;)

Posted Image

#75 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

30 or so of Camo alone?! Yikes! Case assortments put him at one per case, but if the store was going through enough cases or something, perhaps he's getting left behind for being low on the totem pole of popularity. You should've gotten one too, you only have 50-70 years left! ;) Again, see future eventual Kamen Rider thread. (Squee, I got a toy I wanted. :D)

You know, I need to recheck mine and see which Rulk I actually have, but I'm quite sure it's the non-glossy variety. I guess your description's left more doubt in my head.

In the meantime, I will be on the lookout for Hulks for you guys. I've been searching for that Iron Man since the first time Scummy mentioned it and no dice, and will continue to do so.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com