76 replies to this topic

#51 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

Great pictures! Hopefully the collectors at Exogini.com can help you sort out the colors.

Good luck. I hope you and your friend get top dollar!

:)
Posted Image

#52 etk

etk

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

Thank you very much my friend!! :lol:
900 USD fol all

Edited by etk, 30 September 2010 - 09:19 PM.

#53 xag

xag

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:27 AM

I'm getting some offers about them, so i want to clarify some things.

1) I don't mind separeting them.

2) There are 8 rares and 4 supe-rares in there + the rare colors. I didn't take close up pictures of the duplicate rares, to save on space. If anybody needs to see them, i'll take them as well.

3) I haven't made up my mind, how they are going to be sold. Maybe in a private sale, maybe in eBay, maybe in an auction here. I don't know yet.

#54 etk

etk

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:31 AM

I'm getting some offers about them, so i want to clarify some things.

1) I don't mind separeting them.

2) There are 8 rares and 4 supe-rares in there + the rare colors. I didn't take close up pictures of the duplicate rares, to save on space. If anybody needs to see them, i'll take them as well.

3) I haven't made up my mind, how they are going to be sold. Maybe in a private sale, maybe in eBay, maybe in an auction here. I don't know yet.

Hi Giorgios
How are u?
Can you speak about the person that offer directly to you?
if they ask to you specifically to not reveal their names or nicks they are hiding something and this is not fair to those who offer directly in this forum!
Please Let me Know
Andrea

Edited by etk, 01 October 2010 - 02:35 AM.

#55 xag

xag

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:47 AM

I never said that i won't listen to any offers, either privete via PM or public through here.

I already have some offers, but i need to take my time before i decide.

If an offer comes along, however, i'll keep it in mind.

#56 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:18 AM

I discover this topic a little late, but here is my point of view about thoses toys (i'm far to be an expert !)

Those are the Greek version of Exogini / Cosmix. As I know they don't surface very often on ebay, that's what make them so "rare" for italian, american and other non-greek collectors. I imagine, as for the Ninja mites, that the greek production has no rarer scuplt, contrary to french or italian production. It's just the "supply and demand" that makes them very rare everywhere in the world except in greece. Remember that a few years ago, greek Battle Beasts were supposed to be prototypes and so were very rare and expensive !

Anyway, i find the BB bootleg very fun, and this MIMP in fade pink let me think that Greece reserve us any rarities for the next years !!

#57 xag

xag

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:18 PM

I discover this topic a little late, but here is my point of view about thoses toys (i'm far to be an expert !)

Those are the Greek version of Exogini / Cosmix. As I know they don't surface very often on ebay, that's what make them so "rare" for italian, american and other non-greek collectors. I imagine, as for the Ninja mites, that the greek production has no rarer scuplt, contrary to french or italian production. It's just the "supply and demand" that makes them very rare everywhere in the world except in greece. Remember that a few years ago, greek Battle Beasts were supposed to be prototypes and so were very rare and expensive !

Anyway, i find the BB bootleg very fun, and this MIMP in fade pink let me think that Greece reserve us any rarities for the next years !!

From my understanding of things, i believe that El Greco (the production company of Exogini) supplied Italy, Holland and God knows which other country, with the 2 first Series of Exogini. I believe that they were probably on a contract to deliver specific colors to each country. That didn't stop them to produce different ones for Greece, since they were the distributor as well.

The rare brown and purple figures for example, look like they were made from the same material that Greek Battle Beasts were made. The color is very similar too. That makes me believe that when they had surplus of materials, they were simply producing more toys, for Greece only. I remember buying ice-creams as a child, that came in cups with a hidden figure inside in exotic colors!

Most of these super-rare colors, probably came like this.

You have to understand, that in the mid 80s, El Greco was a major player in the toy industry. At least in South Europe. They were producing and distributing toys. Actually most of the toys that i remember from my childhood, were probably made by them.

I don't know if they were producing under licence, or simply bootleging the toys, but i'm guessing the first. The details are too perfect to have created a mold from scratch.

But i agree with you that the Greek series, probably have the same figures as everyone else. I don't think that we'll ever see an original unseen before figure.

#58 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

I don't know if they were producing under licence, or simply bootleging the toys, but i'm guessing the first. The details are too perfect to have created a mold from scratch.

I can't say for the Ninja Mites scuplts, but the Kinnikuman sculpts are smaller, which points to them using the actual figures to create a duplicate mold, which infers bootlegging. However, it is definitely possible that they were licensed to use the sculpts, but weren't provided with the molds.
MUSCLEs are the exact same size as their Kinnikuman counterparts, and were produced in the same factories, on the same molds, just with different materials.
However, when the Kinnikuman line was re-released last year, all the figures were smaller, even though the sculpts were identical, because they had to use the original figures to remake the molds, thus resulting in smaller figures do to shrinkage.

#59 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

While Exogini figures are fairly good quality and detailed, I think that's more of a testament to the original Kinnikuman Keshi sculpts. Exogini figures are definitely inferior to Kinkeshi and MUSCLE.

Check out this page on Exogini.com (can't link directly to the page.)

Exogini Nel Mondo > USA/Inghileterra MUSCLE > Differenze

It is hard to imagine that El Greco and GiG could get away with bootlegging all these toy lines. I'm thinking they must have had some type of agreement, albeit not official licensing.
Posted Image

#60 xag

xag

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

I wouldn't know! I never had a M.U.S.C.L.E. or Kinkeshi figure, so i can't really tell the difference in quality.

The first Series, looks to be made from softer plastic than the second.

The plastic on the second series is very similar to the Battle Beasts. The colors too. Metallic Blue, Silver, Purple, Brown.

They were probably made from the same material.

(I just thought something great! I'd love to see a transparent orange Pirate Lion :lol: )

#61 etk

etk

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:34 PM

I wouldn't know! I never had a M.U.S.C.L.E. or Kinkeshi figure, so i can't really tell the difference in quality.

The first Series, looks to be made from softer plastic than the second.

The plastic on the second series is very similar to the Battle Beasts. The colors too. Metallic Blue, Silver, Purple, Brown.

They were probably made from the same material.

(I just thought something great! I'd love to see a transparent orange Pirate Lion :p )

Hi Xag, thank you for your reply!
Let me know as you prefere sell them!
I prefere auction on this site, ebay...as you like!!
I will make my offer for all when you will tel it!
Andrea :db:

Edited by etk, 01 October 2010 - 11:34 PM.

#62 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

as I remember, the boxes with 2 figures (and maybe the 4-box too) are the same for greek BB and greek Exogini ??

I agree with Xag, El greco was the manufacturer for the french exogini "Les Cosmix" and also an other LRG serie, "les Babies". I've also seen El greco Blackstar toys.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#63 halfbad

halfbad

http://adamprattart.com/

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Toy figures, miniature painting, gaming, sculpting.

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

As a new collector (read FANATIC) to this great hobby, this thread has spoken volumes. It has taught me alot about the history of toys, the knowledge and wisdom of some of the collectors, and that even here, there are shady wankers who will try and undercut you.

All in all, I am glad i followed this thread. Sometimes the best lesson is the one that didn't mean to be taught.
"Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time."
-George S. Patton

My art.

#64 xag

xag

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:34 AM

I started uploading auctions in eBay.it

You can follow them through this topic --> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=31963

#65 etk

etk

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:46 AM

I started uploading auctions in eBay.it

You can follow them through this topic --> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=31963

please...7 days?3 days

#66 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:38 AM

Does the length of the auction matter that much? I could see not wanting to wait if it was listed at 30 days, but I think a week is reasonable.

#67 xag

xag

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

Totally agree. One week is perfect.

Enough time for everybody to have a look at the auction, but not that lengthy and tiring at the end.

#68 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

El Greco has made the Blackstar Flying Bull/Dragon creature. Well sort of!
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

#69 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

That yellow, apparently Battle Beast figure is friggin awesome!!! You should throw that into the ToyID forum under Other Toys to get it classified. It doesn't appear to be a super deformed either. But, I am not an expert concerning those. Very cool figgie!!

SORRY! This comment got misplaced for some reason. I'll put it in the proper location. I apologize for any confusion.

Edited by phantomeye, 22 November 2010 - 04:18 PM.

#70 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

I also found these in the lot, but they don't seem to fit to any Series:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think i've seen this one in a M.I.M.P lot before, but i'm not sure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one looks like a Battle Beasts bootleg or copy or something. It even has the square to put the rub.

That yellow, apparently Battle Beast figure is friggin awesome!!! You should throw that into the ToyID forum under Other Toys to get it classified. It doesn't appear to be a super deformed either. But, I am not an expert concerning those. Very cool figgie!!

#71 Stracol

Stracol

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:17 AM

Very beautiful!!

#72 nik62es

nik62es

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

..If I would have waited 6 months more this thread would have been inactive for a year, so talking about being a bit late..but ever since I read it..all of it.. I cannot help but thinking that the italian guy may - I am saying may so don`t start yelling just yet - not have been as bad as his messages were interpreted of being. For starters, I am not italian, heck, I am not even totally spanish.. I have no relatives in Spain, I eat pizza which I am sure doesn`t count.. I am a newish member at the italian Exogini forum..which I am sure those who have visited can confirm that this is as serious a place as this here forum...so again - there is no need for me to excuse anyone for anything. However, being that I move between three languages, I do have an understanding about the difficulty that may arise - not from speaking/reading them, but from the different cultural background that brings people from all over the world together..regardless of how "things are done" in their particular parts of the woods. To be honest, I refuse to believe that this guy was actually trying to pull a fast one. I have checked and doublechecked his messages..there seem to be funny smileys on all his posts where he either offers od otherwise comments on those figures..Apart from the last post, where he enlightens everyone as to the real value. Did he try to get that lot for a few hundred bucks ? I don`t think so, but I am not Sigmund Freud... Could it have been his particular sense of humour..thinking that the original poster knew full well that he ahd a treasure in his hands..and our italian chum was just trying to be funny ? I can`t rule that out totally. Was he given a chance to "defend" himself ? No. He was simply lynched on the spot, so to speak. I repeat for the benefit of those who are easily offended yet like to offend easily themselves : I am not italian and have no need to defend anyone, not even an american (this is funny. laugh now, don`t ban me) - but at my ripe old age I do realize that at times you have to look a bit deeper into an issue..and not let yourself get carried away by what may well be a wrong perception of facts.
I know that there are other members from the italian Exogini forum here - if any of them can contradict me based on personal expirience (or Exogini forum activity) with the banned player, I will humbly wear the "I was wrong" shirt for a whole week..without taking a bath. I promise.

#73 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:00 PM

Well, this post is coming more than four years since the last and having read the whole thread myself I'm open to the possibility that something may've been lost in translation but I doubt it. My gut tells me that the character who got himself banned was playing fast and loose to score some rare figures on the cheap.

#74 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:50 AM

Given that he offered the seller a bid that was one fifth of their true value, I don't think it relies on gut feeling so much as an ability to parse simple English.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#75 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:49 AM

The previous poster, Nik62es, implied that he thought a language barrier or some misunderstood humor may've contributed to the confusion. I don't believe that was a factor myself, I suppose Nik might argue that the ability to parse simple English may not be enough in this case, but then again I'm not Nik so who knows. At the end of the day, I personally feel that the enthusiastic collector knew exactly what he was doing.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com