#1 phry5

phry5

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

Hello, 

I have an old collection i'd be grateful to get an idea of worth upon.

Any ideas would be super helpful. 

The first two pictures are the more common stuff from what I can work out. The next picture is some marvel stuff. The final picture is a collection of the rarer stuff, glow in the darks, colour changing, and some weird un-official 'beans' that merely say bean on the back. 

Attached Files

Edited by phry5, 02 August 2015 - 06:11 AM.

#2 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:14 AM

It's hard to say I don't see many of these on here, but from a quick eBay completed listings search it looks like lots of 100-200 sell for between £15-£20.

#3 phry5

phry5

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:00 AM

Ah, okay, thanks for the information.

I figure at that price they're hardly worth the hassle of selling really. 

I was hoping some of the rare ones would hold some kind of value. 

#4 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

Yeah, I still see huge multipacks of these things at flea markets for next to nothing.  I don't see a real bright financial future for them (fad item), but who knows?

These were briefly popular in the early-2000s, yeah?

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#5 phry5

phry5

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, bit of a shame. 

I think you're right, certainly they were huge for a brief period when I was kid around somewhere between the years of 2003-2005. But again, it seemed a brief thing and then it was onto the next fad toy. 

#6 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, bit of a shame. 

I think you're right, certainly they were huge for a brief period when I was kid around somewhere between the years of 2003-2005. But again, it seemed a brief thing and then it was onto the next fad toy. 

These things happen.  One of my wife's best friends has cases of Beanie Babies.  (shudder)   I don't think those things will amount to much, outside of bulk landfill.

But hey, I'm not saying that your beans are worthless!  (snicker)  I'll trade the lot of 'em for a pack of smokes and a few chocolate bars -- fair deal??

;)

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#7 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

These things happen. One of my wife's best friends has cases of Beanie Babies. (shudder) I don't think those things will amount to much, outside of bulk landfill.

;)

Hahaha!

The shudder thrown in there made me laugh.

Thank you!

#8 phry5

phry5

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:10 AM

These things happen.  One of my wife's best friends has cases of Beanie Babies.  (shudder)   I don't think those things will amount to much, outside of bulk landfill.

But hey, I'm not saying that your beans are worthless!  (snicker)  I'll trade the lot of 'em for a pack of smokes and a few chocolate bars -- fair deal??

;)

Aha, Beanie babies were the biggest joke. I remember people expecting them to be worth as much as houses in the future. Ridiculous. I also feel that kind of speculation was present with the mighty beanz as well, a lot of toy shops marking up certain beanz based on rarity - making an absolute killing. 

I mean if I can get atleast tenner for the lot and the buyer pays all of the (probably obscenely high) postage i'd be satisfied tbh. 

Edited by phry5, 03 August 2015 - 01:12 AM.

#9 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:26 AM

From your use of the word 'tenner' I'm presuming your in the UK - what else do you have that you're selling? Any vintage items?

#10 phry5

phry5

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:32 AM

I'm selling a bunch of Fistful of Power stuff over in that section of the website. Eh, it's really a case of what I dig up in the garage. Thus far i've only found Fistful of Power and Mighty Beanz stuff. I'm not sure there's all that much else. Some Pokemon figs, eh...an Egyptian mondo figure, http://www.oocities....o/mondo1pix.htm EGP1 Nefertiny. Some lord of the rings smaller figs but they're moveable parts and I get the distinct feeling people have a thing against that here. Even have some Wallace and Gromit stuff too, like a tooth brush holder and some air fresheners. 

Edited by phry5, 03 August 2015 - 10:33 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com