77 replies to this topic

#26 jphat

jphat

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:28 AM

[quote name="BadLarry" post="706655" timestamp="1582484974"]https://www.ebay.com...LE/184182955837
I hate how paranoid I've gotten, but the area around the head looks lighter than the rest of it.

Coincidentally, that and the 015 auctions have now ended.

#27 cloning007

cloning007

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:59 AM

I wanted to show my picture of my Ultra Rare #107 Blurple Sunshine, also acquired from Forbes. You can compare it to my other sunshine figures but if you look around the head you can def see how its not a real purple. It looks to be a blue 107 that he dyed. You can also see that the fake has a different kind of gloss from the dye 

Attached Files

#28 atilary

atilary

Super spy wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Glyos, 80s and early 90s toys and cartoons, comics, reading, D&D

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:57 AM

Look at that, you can really see a difference in the shade of the purple too. Someone should put this all together and make a sticky for how to spot dyed muscle. 

#29 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:19 AM

[quote name="BadLarry" post="706655" timestamp="1582484974"]https://www.ebay.com...LE/184182955837
I hate how paranoid I've gotten, but the area around the head looks lighter than the rest of it.

Coincidentally, that and the 015 auctions have now ended.

Its been along time i havent bought anything MUSCLE stuff on ebay. So selling dyed MUSCLE figures is a thing now. That ebay name Litlman144 sounds familiar. 

Edited by SmokinGun, 24 February 2020 - 11:21 AM.

#30 zero

zero

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Metal Detecting, Fishing, Hunting, Rod Stewart, Salamanders, Soccer

Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:48 PM

I bet you don't have one of these.  Or maybe you do.  Check out this Super Rare Forbes Original #3 Blue Hole Sunshine.  Originally blue, dyed purple and the unique removeable burple peg shows all the detail!

Attached Files

#31 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:10 PM

This thread has delved too far into MUSCLE gore for my personal preference, but this is otherwise good work being done here, for the sake of educating others.

#32 atilary

atilary

Super spy wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Glyos, 80s and early 90s toys and cartoons, comics, reading, D&D

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:52 AM

This isnt about dyeing muscles really but I came across this looking into the dyeing thing and am curious if anyone still had any of these saved anywhere. If anyone has these saved somewhere would they be willing to share them?

Attached Files

#33 cloning007

cloning007

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:16 AM

The old MPS newsletters.

That's funny i just pulled them out last week. 

Im pretty sure i have that issue id have to check when i get home 

Attached Files

#34 atilary

atilary

Super spy wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:44 AM

Has anyone scanned these to upload online? I feel like these a cool piece of muscle history, even if its more a snapshot of the community than the actual toys it deserves a place in the muscle lore. 

#35 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:58 AM

Ho. Lee. Cow.

My mind is blown.

I thought maybe you were referring to the “copper” figure from some time ago. This is just pure evil. This isn’t questionable behavior. This is literally criminal behavior.

#36 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:12 AM

It literally IS fraud, and you can take that up with HIS local authorities m which happen to be the Glendale Police in Glendale Arizona. Once they get a preponderance of these calls, with dates/dollars/details, and they will be able to better liaise with the federal authorities (since it involved interstate commerce).

but Glendale PD would be the ones fitting him for bracelets.

edit: I hope that’s somewhat helpful.

Edited by ironmask, 25 February 2020 - 10:12 AM.

#37 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:39 PM

I can’t do anything on UofM this week, but I’d like to collect all of this information for, at least, a write-up.

If you were swindled and want to share your story, then please email uofmuscle@gmail.com

I hope everyone is willing to share, because this isn’t just a small little eBay thing.

#38 jphat

jphat

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:58 PM

I can’t do anything on UofM this week, but I’d like to collect all of this information for, at least, a write-up.
If you were swindled and want to share your story, then please email uofmuscle@gmail.com
I hope everyone is willing to share, because this isn’t just a small little eBay thing.

Would be nice to keep track of the eBay account sold through as well.

#39 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:56 PM

I've dyed MUSCLE before...But never sold any...I just did it with flesh colored ones for the fun of it...Because I wanted them to be a certain color...Never to scam someone out of their money...The only time I got rid on a dyed one was because I wanted a little purple dragon...And the guy who had it wanted to trade me it for a flesh Moai Man dyed purple...And I told him it was that before he agreed to the trade...And it was such a light shade of purple no one could possibly mistake it for a factory original color...That Forbes a$$hole needs to be exiled from the entire MUSCLE community completely...To the point he can't find ANY buyers for his fraudulent knockoffs...

#40 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:13 AM

How many of these did you find in YOUR collection, Chad?

#41 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:47 PM

I don't know for sure but, having multiple forbes originals, this purple 107 sure looks fake to me

Attached File  20200223_104703.jpg   288.78K   12 downloads

#42 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:57 AM

None.

Unless he’s been doing it for over...15 years - which isn’t an insane thought anymore.

#43 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:07 AM

I stand corrected: http://blog.uofmuscl...orial-no-words/

Maybe some checking is required.

#44 cloning007

cloning007

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:17 AM

im pretty sure everybody knew Alex was dyeing figures 15 years ago. There was even a special chart giving you instructions and the dye mixtures 

Attached Files

#45 zero

zero

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Metal Detecting, Fishing, Hunting, Rod Stewart, Salamanders, Soccer

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:30 PM

Huh, now that’s interesting. Never saw that thread before. I wonder if it might have been more prudent to warn fellow collectors about his auctions than not being allowed to post them and discuss. Might have saved some honest people a few thousand hard earned dollars. And at the same time not lined his pockets.

#46 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:20 PM

Crazy, so did he sell these as legit or custom pieces?

Edited by Ericnilla, 28 February 2020 - 10:43 PM.

#47 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 06:21 AM

If the MO holds, he doesn’t say anything, just posts the shit as if he doesn’t know what he has. 
I’m still amazed that MUSCLE collectors give him the time of day, but wevs 

#48 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:55 AM

Most if these fake figures were purchased in lots on ebay under fake names and false accounts. Or received from other collectors after getting them from Forbes. And I'm sure there are plenty of other people who bought figures from him or his fake accounts who aren't aware of LRG at all and would have no knowledge of his past or who he is.

#49 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 06:06 AM

Most if these fake figures were purchased in lots on ebay under fake names and false accounts. Or received from other collectors after getting them from Forbes. And I'm sure there are plenty of other people who bought figures from him or his fake accounts who aren't aware of LRG at all and would have no knowledge of his past or who he is.

I don’t think the hobby is that big or expansive. I think folks generally know, but MUSCLE collecting has definitely turned into an “end justifies the means” hobby.

But hey, “yay, master set, right?

#50 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:53 AM

And I'm sure there are plenty of other people who bought figures from him or his fake accounts who aren't aware of LRG at all and would have no knowledge of his past or who he is.

Anyone who seriously collects Muscle knows who Alex Forbes is. That includes everyone who would bid on a lot of figs that included a class A figure, based solely on the ridiculous prices that they bring these days. Anyone who is willing to bid at those prices also obviously knows of LRG. It pops up in way too many internet searches for Muscle figs for them not too.
Most "serious" Muscle collectors who claim not to use LRG are liars. They all have accounts here, they just never post anything, or contribute to the community.
They use this site for reference material. They also use it to watch for when someone spots a class A for sale, so they can be sure to get in on it with some douchebaggery. And, they use it to watch the "Need Toys" section, so they can be sure and list overpriced figures on ebay when they see someone is looking for them.(under a different named account of course)
These people are easy enough to spot though. Just go to the auction section of this site, look up the last few class A auction that took place exclusively on this site, and check out all the bidders who you never see post anything at all, but they sure show up for these auctions. The "sightings" section is a pretty good place to observe this as well, anytime someone spots a nice class A fig.
The worst are the people who are active members here, who actively post and attempt to befriend some of the major Muscle community members(see Veers) in order to try and cover up the fact that they attempt to manipulate prices through overpriced private sales, douchebaggery on Ebay, and hoarding figures to fake rarity, and deal with known asshats(see Arforbes) on EBay and in private in order to obtain what they want. All while being fine upstanding LRG members.
This is why my Muscle collecting has been virtually non-existant over the last few years. Because to complete a master set, you must deal with master set collectors, and most of them are self serving pieces of shit.
And, if you take offense to anything that I just commented, you are probably one of them.
You know who you are.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com