10 replies to this topic

#1 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:23 AM

Okay, these figures have articulation levels up to the new HALO and COD figures, and look like the classic cartoon characters. Pretty dang rad.

http://news.toyark.c...ycc-2015-177761

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:26 AM

Bit of a shame the Nick TMNT figures are of the less-articulated variety, but at least one of the lines is super-articulated, so that's cool.

#3 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:31 AM

The less articulated ones seem to be the larger Duplo-sized figures.

#4 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

I think it's great, from a customization standpoint. Now we can piece these things together with parts from all of these other properties as well? Ersico will make a killing off of that.

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:49 AM

The less articulated ones seem to be the larger Duplo-sized figures.

There are three sets of figures, not two. The 80s super-articulated ones, the Nick ones, and the Duplo ones. Look at the Tiger Claw, Baxter Stockman or the Casey Jones.

#6 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:12 AM

I think the articulation might be the same on the turtles.  As far as the other guys, it might be another instance of this just being a mock-up or repaint using existing parts.  Who knows.

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:17 AM

It looks like the current TMNT are duplo style as well as a set with moderate articulation, where the classic turtles will be more geared towards adult collectors (the COD crowd).

#8 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:29 AM

Holy crap these will be my most favorite thing in a long time. pretty excited. Now for the MOTU mega bloks t5o give me a Fisto figure!

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

I think the articulation might be the same on the turtles.  As far as the other guys, it might be another instance of this just being a mock-up or repaint using existing parts.  Who knows.

No, the Nick turtles are missing elbows and knees. I don't know how much different the bodies are beyond that, but it's no question they're simplified. This is par the course for Mega, as the older-geared franchises like CoD and Halo get the new super-articulated bodies while the kiddie lines like Spongebob, Minions and Hot Wheels don't. The teaser poster that got released last week actually showed the simplified Nick turtles before NYCC, which got collectors I knew prematurely disappointed before the classic designs were revealed and made everything all better.

#10 kingtiger

kingtiger

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of Aliens, Zbots, MUSCLE

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

I just J-ed in my pants looking at these. I love the classic turtles and the fact that there making all the villains is killer

#11 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:53 AM

I'll definitely be looking for the Bebop and Rocksteady, probably the others as well. I always liked the recent Megabloks figures but they didn't have any properties I cared about until this

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com