• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 Checkmate17

Checkmate17

Captain Wesker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:My Interests:<br>My Girlfriend &lt;3<br>Anime(Ultimate Muscle, DBZ, Shaman King, etc.)<br>Video Games<br>Resident Evil<br>Talking with my Friends<br>Riding my Bike<br>Writing Stories

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:13 AM

I have the episode on tape and yes, Pentagon(Starface) speaks but very briefly.

#52 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 09:57 AM

I miss UM.. I wish they'd show reruns so I could get it all on tape ;)

#53 Checkmate17

Checkmate17

Captain Wesker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:My Interests:<br>My Girlfriend &lt;3<br>Anime(Ultimate Muscle, DBZ, Shaman King, etc.)<br>Video Games<br>Resident Evil<br>Talking with my Friends<br>Riding my Bike<br>Writing Stories

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:18 PM

I miss UM.. I wish they'd show reruns so I could get it all on tape 

Same here because I am only missing about 20 of the 77 episodes.

#54 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:40 PM

You should then see the UK Cartoon Network Toonami channel where it just repeats everyday, with a different episode on different times!

Plus in UK, any cartoon episodes are repeated for many weeks/months, then they later get new episodes on a Monday till Friday every week till the end of the season! :rolleyes:

#55 WarsmanandRamenmanrule

WarsmanandRamenmanrule

I can't think of anything good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:39 AM

That was an excelent summery theorgg! It felt like I was watching the ep.

Does anyone have pics from the OLAP assult and the muscle gravity? I missed it, and I can't really picture it. Thanks in advance!

#56 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:19 PM

Does anyone have pics from the OLAP assult and the muscle gravity? I missed it, and I can't really picture it. Thanks in advance!

I only got an OLAP pic off the manga, where Kevin Mask is using it on Iliokhein (Commrade Turbinski)! Muscle Gravity has debuted in this weeks manga against Ashuraman (I think!)

Attached Files

#57 WarsmanandRamenmanrule

WarsmanandRamenmanrule

I can't think of anything good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:45 PM

I only got an OLAP pic off the manga, where Kevin Mask is using it on Iliokhein (Commrade Turbinski)! Muscle Gravity has debuted in this weeks manga against Ashuraman (I think!)

Thank you so much! :KS: That looks pretty painful.

#58 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:47 PM

150th post! I'm onna roll!! :lol:
I know! It's how he ripped Iliou's arms off and broke Mantaro's to win the tourny (in manga!)

Edited by Frobman, 24 June 2004 - 11:48 PM.

#59 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:34 AM

That was an excelent summery Orgg! It felt like I was watching the ep.

Thanks. :)

That's what I always strove for in my summaries, and they just kept getting better with each one, or so I was told by Jonny.

:( -You were the only one doing them, dummy. Of course he wanted to keep you flattered and doing them for what amounted to $1.75 an hour!

Shuttup, Sunshine! He dit it for Honor! For Glory! For people like this one who misst te episode! - >-<

:jac: -Quoting the announcers was usually not useful, though, because they just state what is happening most of the time, and descriptive paragraphs should already do that. That was only in the final summary.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#60 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

Former Resident Song Translator & Self-Proclaimed Freelancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:52 PM

Well, reading this topic, it's clear that in the manga, Kevin Mask won the Choujin Crown. Could somebody give me a summary of that part, of how Kevin won?
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#61 Terrykenyonissosexy

Terrykenyonissosexy

Call me Nekoyasha.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling,Games...PM Me for more.

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:12 PM

*laughs* O_O (P.U!) He farted? Juan,you have the same avatar that a friend of mine has. But,in a good way. P.s.: I wish they had the ephisodes on DvD or Video. Because, i wanna see that ephisode where Terry and Jeager battle Dazz ling and the Protector! They look so hot in that one. The "beauty blondes" are gonna win!
Posted Image

"I am Sometimes unstable,But...I am funny and sweet all the time. If someone gets me mad,I turn the tables. I am a leader,not a follower. although i love terry and jeager.

#62 Black Oracle

Black Oracle

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:55 PM

Well, reading this topic, it's clear that in the manga, Kevin Mask won the Choujin Crown. Could somebody give me a summary of that part, of how Kevin won?

I think after Kevin broke Mantaro's arms with his OLAP assault, it was just basically a matter of twisting his limp arms and throwing him into the air, then finishing him off with his Big Ben Bash. In the cartoon, they changed it from when Kid Muscle snapped his arms and broke out of the Big Ben Bash hold. In the manga, Mantaro didn't stand a chance after his arms were pulled out of their sockets by Kevin's OLAP. And as Mantaro falls to the mat in defeat, he is caught by Jacqueline who lays his head on her lap. Kevin looks on at them. And as he is presented with the Chojin crown belt, he seemingly reaches out a hand toward it, but passes by it and goes to the fallen Mantaro's side instead. I think he kinda then snaps Mantaro's arms back into their sockets (although later he still needs arm casts) and exchanges a few words with him, then finally goes to receive his prize with Mantaro looking on at him (obviously disappointed at his loss). Kevin jumps up on the ring ropes and holds an arm up in victory, but then falls over in exhaustion at which point Lord Flash/Croe catches him like in the cartoon and his suit cracks open to reveal Warsman who hands Kevin his father's special book of techniques then exits. Both Mantaro and Kevin are taken out of the ring on stretchers.

I personally would have preferred the manga ending to the changed cartoon one. Kevin still shows compassion after the match and Kid gets the attention of Jacqueline (that's what he wanted isn't it?).

#63 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:11 AM

I personally would have preferred the manga ending to the changed cartoon one. Kevin still shows compassion after the match and Kid gets the attention of Jacqueline (that's what he wanted isn't it?).

I guess so! I too usually like to go by the mangas for any other series as well! Thanks for the info! :blink:

#64 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:21 AM

I think after Kevin broke Mantaro's arms with his OLAP assault, it was just basically a matter of twisting his limp arms and throwing him into the air, then finishing him off with his Big Ben Bash. In the cartoon, they changed it from when Kid Muscle snapped his arms and broke out of the Big Ben Bash hold. In the manga, Mantaro didn't stand a chance after his arms were pulled out of their sockets by Kevin's OLAP. And as Mantaro falls to the mat in defeat, he is caught by Jacqueline who lays his head on her lap. Kevin looks on at them. And as he is presented with the Chojin crown belt, he seemingly reaches out a hand toward it, but passes by it and goes to the fallen Mantaro's side instead. I think he kinda then snaps Mantaro's arms back into their sockets (although later he still needs arm casts) and exchanges a few words with him, then finally goes to receive his prize with Mantaro looking on at him (obviously disappointed at his loss). Kevin jumps up on the ring ropes and holds an arm up in victory, but then falls over in exhaustion at which point Lord Flash/Croe catches him like in the cartoon and his suit cracks open to reveal Warsman who hands Kevin his father's special book of techniques then exits. Both Mantaro and Kevin are taken out of the ring on stretchers.

Thanks very much so, Black Oracle. I must say, that is a little bit better than the "Mantaro-wins-everybody-gets-happy-until-he-farts" ending. Some endings should let the hero lose.
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#65 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 02:44 AM

You mean like in MegaMan: NT Warrior, in that episode where Lan and MegaMan mastered the Program Advance, but still couldn't beat Chaud and Protoman? It was a part of the storyline, so that the next N1 Grand Prix they enter, they'll win it! Plus, PharoahMan came in on the scene, and deleted MegaMan, leaving him with just one word before being deleted - "De...le...tion."
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#66 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 10 July 2004 - 07:41 AM

Nice summary, Black Oracle!

*farts
Posted Image

#67 Black Oracle

Black Oracle

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:02 PM

Nice summary, Black Oracle!

*farts

Ewww! Totally gross! *Holds nose and tries to waft smell from face.*

There were some bits in the manga that didn't translate onto the cartoon. For example, everyone singing the British National Anthem before the start of the match where we see kevin and Lord Flash holding a hand over their chests as they sing with the Union jack flag flapping behind them. And Mantaro causes everyone to cringe and cover their ears with his terrible singing! I think The Queen of England and the Japanese prime minister were guests at the match as well. Also, during the fight, when Mantaro had slammed Kevin's head into a post, Kevin had started bleeding profusely from the crack in his mask. In the cartoon, when he was losing his temper with Jacqueline, all he did was point a finger at her and say "Get that Mcmaddening McMadd out of my sight!", in the manga, he collects a whole handful of blood that was leaking out from the crack in his mask, and attempts to throw it at the McMadds, but Mantaro leaps up and shields them from it getting splattered with the blood himself. And some time after the match, we see an arm casted Mantaro back home in his little hut scoffing his face, then a casually dressed Terry, Dik Dik and Wally come to invite him out to help cheer him up. They go to some kareoke place with a TV and a girl sitting with them changes the channels onto one that shows Kevin's victory parade back in England. Kevin is sitting on an open top car holding his giant trophy and waving to hundreds of ecstatic Brit fans. He looks down onto the seat below him where we see what remains of Lord Flash's mask, which Kevin has obviously decided to keep as a reminder of his former trainer. Mantaro runs out after seeing this and ends up in a park, he stops by a tree and imagines it to be Kevin Mask. He proceeds to pummel the tree trunk in his frustration imagining that he is hitting Kevin Mask, but he quickly stops due to the pain in his already injured arms. He picks up the Lantern of souls (or whatever you call it) from his backpack, but it doesn't light up. He sets it back down on to the grass then runs off upset and teary-eyed. As this happens, Roxanne and her mum are passing by and they observe the lantern lighting up again as Mantaro runs off into the distance, failing to see it.

#68 STG

STG

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:37 PM

I think after Kevin broke Mantaro's arms with his OLAP assault, it was just basically a matter of twisting his limp arms and throwing him into the air, then finishing him off with his Big Ben Bash. In the cartoon, they changed it from when Kid Muscle snapped his arms and broke out of the Big Ben Bash hold. In the manga, Mantaro didn't stand a chance after his arms were pulled out of their sockets by Kevin's OLAP.

Just a little correction. In manga, Mantaro's arms were broken into three pieces each by OLAP. Everyone thought that is the end of the match, but Kevin did Big Ben Bash to make sure Mantaro is down for good, since his father, Robin was defeated by Suguru for "assuming" Suguru was K.O.ed.

And some time after the match, we see an arm casted Mantaro back home in his little hut scoffing his face, then a casually dressed Terry, Dik Dik and Wally come to invite him out to help cheer him up.

Don't forget Checkmate. He was rather cute when having trouble handling Karaoke machine... (^^)

#69 ssbmMARIOmaster

ssbmMARIOmaster

A Mario Manic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:14 PM

I personally was rooting for Kid Muscle to win the Chojin Crown though taking a second look back, Kevin Mask really showed his determination to win at all costs and clearly had a more meaningful reason to win.

I Also think that Kid came out a winner even though he lost the Chojin Crown.
He tryed his best and fought as well as he could, even though it wasnt enough to beat Kevin. So what i mean is that as long as you try your never truely a failure

Edited by ssbmMARIOmaster, 14 July 2004 - 09:15 PM.

#70 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:45 PM

I was going for Kevin until they made him into a total asswipe in the match vs. Turbinski. Then I was hoping that Mantaro would win, just to spite the cocky bastitch.

I am sick of Mantaro always winning though. It's annoying.

#71 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:16 PM

Well, to cut Kevin some slack, I think Lord Flash/Croe/Warsman had the biggest influence on how Kevin fought. After all, he was the one who kept going on at Kevin to use stuff like OLAP, and he was the one who encouraged Kevin's bad side.

#72 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:43 AM

It's not so much that the show's over that bothers me as the fact they don't have any frikkin' reruns. I mean, they could go a whole year on UM with reruns alone.

But then that would mean not callously selling out to the "Tweenager" market with garbage like the Menu (for kids who think the wit and originality of Access Hollywood and Entertainment tonight are lost on them) and the Winx Club (a ripoff of Sabrina, the Animated series, Sailor Moon, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars Episodes 1+2... which you pretty much have to be desperate to ripoff those movies). But then again, all good things have to come to an end... which is why Jerry Springer and Power Rangers are still on the air! :D
Posted Image

#73 Black Oracle

Black Oracle

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:05 PM

Just a little correction. In manga, Mantaro's arms were broken into three pieces each by OLAP. Everyone thought that is the end of the match, but Kevin did Big Ben Bash to make sure Mantaro is down for good, since his father, Robin was defeated by Suguru for "assuming" Suguru was K.O.ed.

Thanks for adding on to my descriptions STG! I can't actually read any Japanese, so i just figure out what's happening in the manga through the pictures.

Don't forget Checkmate. He was rather cute when having trouble handling Karaoke machine...

Oh yeah, i forgot about him, thanks!

Well, to cut Kevin some slack, I think Lord Flash/Croe/Warsman had the biggest influence on how Kevin fought. After all, he was the one who kept going on at Kevin to use stuff like OLAP, and he was the one who encouraged Kevin's bad side.

Good point. Kevin was a badass wrestler but with little focus in his life and not much to fight for after he left the Dmp and went solo. I think lord Flash drilled alot of motivation into Kevin during the Chojin Crown, convincing him of a worthy reason to fight and that it justified him doing anything to win in his matches, including going over-board to ensure total victory. Basically, Kevin was the clay and Lord Flash was the molder that molded him into shape.

#74 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:15 AM

You mean like in MegaMan: NT Warrior, in that episode where Lan and MegaMan mastered the Program Advance, but still couldn't beat Chaud and Protoman? It was a part of the storyline, so that the next N1 Grand Prix they enter, they'll win it! Plus, PharoahMan came in on the scene, and deleted MegaMan, leaving him with just one word before being deleted - "De...le...tion."

Alan? Alan Mask? Have you returned?

#75 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:17 AM

I think he's still here, and it was ME who posted that thing about MegaMan being deleted by PharoahMan.
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com