Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Current price for a full box of Cheap Toys?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

I was at a toy convention in Rochester, NY over the weekend, and there was a vendor who had a very nice full box of cheap toys for $685. I was a little taken back at the price, and I asked him if that was the current going rate for a box. He said that was about the average price, nowadays. I told him I also have a full box that I've never taken the bags out of, and he said I should hold onto it, and that you only sell these types of collectibles when it's time to send the kids to college or someone needs a kidney because they're only going to keep going up in value.

So, was he correct? Is the current price for a near perfect full box of cheap toys around $700? I've had my box for so long, I don't even remember where I got it or how much I paid for it. And like I said above, I've never taken the bags out of the box. I've had several people holler at me that I need to search them because there could be potential rare figures in there. However, if the position of the packs are indeed how they were originally placed in the box, I think I'd like to leave them as they are.

Here's my box:

Attached Files

#2 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

I think his price was a little inflated. I would estimate the price to be more around the $500 mark.

Also, search a box can be both a pro or a con. If you list don't search it, that can increase the mystery of the contents and could potentially drive the price up. If you do search it and find normal figures, it could remove the mystery of the contents. On the other hand, if you search it and it does have rare figures then that could help the ending price as well.

It's all relative to who is in the market. With BNS2 just released last week, collector's funds might be limited because they just dropped a load on BNS2 boxes/cards. Best way to find the current market value is to throw it on ebay with a starting bid of $ 0.99.

Good luck!

#3 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

I think his price was a little inflated. I would estimate the price to be more around the $500 mark.

That's what I was thinking. I figured around $20 per pack.

Also, search a box can be both a pro or a con. If you list don't search it, that can increase the mystery of the contents and could potentially drive the price up. If you do search it and find normal figures, it could remove the mystery of the contents. On the other hand, if you search it and it does have rare figures then that could help the ending price as well.

I agree about the mystery part. I'd much rather leave them untouched.

It's all relative to who is in the market. With BNS2 just released last week, collector's funds might be limited because they just dropped a load on BNS2 boxes/cards. Best way to find the current market value is to throw it on ebay with a starting bid of $ 0.99.

Good luck!

I actually have no plans to sell it anytime soon. I was just a little shocked when I saw that dealer's price and wanted to see if I could confirm his claims.

#4 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I agree that the price given by the vender is high. Thing is, being that the original tape has been broken ( unsealing the box ) it can't be proven that you didn't search it, so you might as well. You could careful remove the bags and by using a flashlight you could at least check for neons ( which are easily detectable with a flash light ) and then return the bags, unscathed, into position.

#5 NolanJP

NolanJP

Atomic Monster Maker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Creating stuff from my brain thru the careful application of hands and patience.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hi all, I'm looking for a hi res scan of the box art/lid of a cheap toy box. If anybody has one in good condition who is happy to scan it please let me know. Jpeg(high quality), tif, psd, png file types would be great. Thanks all

MISSING: Still Jill series 2 Cheap toy. It's not mine, but it might be yours. If willing please trade or sell to me. Thank you!

#6 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

Hi all, I'm looking for a hi res scan of the box art/lid of a cheap toy box. If anybody has one in good condition who is happy to scan it please let me know. Jpeg(high quality), tif, psd, png file types would be great. Thanks all

Ask your buddy Rusvan. I'm sure he'd help you out.

#7 NolanJP

NolanJP

Atomic Monster Maker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Creating stuff from my brain thru the careful application of hands and patience.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Thanks Bryce! Will do :)

MISSING: Still Jill series 2 Cheap toy. It's not mine, but it might be yours. If willing please trade or sell to me. Thank you!

#8 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Grotesque price tho that is init $500 for a full box (checked) aswel 9 times out 10!
I would never pay that.

bbb3.jpg

#9 NolanJP

NolanJP

Atomic Monster Maker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

I don't think I'd be fussed if it had been searched or not. As long as it was a complete box or a box of 24 sealed bags. I think now would be a good time to invest in a complete box if the price was right. I don't think minikins will drive the price up much in the future but it wouldn't hurt ;)

#10 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

I never really collect the gpk as a kid now i'm all about them. are the bags with the twisty on them sealed other then the twisty? i just figured that people looked in them . and if they already had that one . they twisted it back up..?\

and the last won i seen sell went for 600. and every toy show i've been to seems like there high on there prices. they had muscles for 5 bucks each last one i went to..

Edited by Matlock, 30 June 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Brown chicken , brown cow

#11 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

I never really collect the gpk as a kid now i'm all about them. are the bags with the twisty on them sealed other then the twisty? i just figured that people looked in them . and if they already had that one . they twisted it back up..?\

Yes,they are sealed,AND have the twist tie on them. Pretty easy to tell whats inside them though when you hold it up to a good light source.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com