• Please log in to reply
2319 replies to this topic

#26 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

Although I can't say Bobobo is one of my favorite series, it was depressing to see someone put out translations so quickly, yet the scanlations are so slow. I bet there are tons of fans of the series who wish it was scanlated, and almost anyone could do it due to the fact that it's all translated, but instead of 3-4 groups working together to do it quickly, one group gives it a average-to-slow release. It feels like a huge waste that I cann't allow to happen with Kinnikuman.

Yeah I can understand your fear of the whole situation. I didn't know if or when it would be scanslated but I sort of figured things were going to work out with Bo-bobo...but just watching it languish with the original series done and the scanslations only up to Evil Blood Mansion just seems to make me sad for what people are missing out on.

More new chapters coming up:

-Chp. 60: Somehow I could see Spike Lee making an entire movie blasting this chapter by itself!: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8330
-Chp. 61: He (doesn't) wear his sunglasses at night...: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8336
-Chp. 62: I can't figure whether to say Skull Bozu is cool...or Beauty Rhodes is just sad: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8337

What Ataru's been up to lately:
Posted Image
Well someone has to keep her in line.

#27 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:52 AM

Is Chanelman's name supposed to mean anything?
Posted Image

#28 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:13 AM

I'm not really sure myself. The "Chanel" in his name seems to refer to the French perfume company, but I don't know what is has to do with Suguru, the WSA, or the infiltration operation. Maybe it's something else but "Chanel" is all I really see it as for the moment.

On the other hand, Kinnikuman Wiki seems to have "Iyadesu Harrison"'s name as "Edith" in parody of a Japanese celebrity...but I don't know if the name is supposed to be "Edith" or actualy "iyadesu" (which is Japanese for "no way!")

Posted Image

#29 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:30 AM

I'm not really sure myself. The "Chanel" in his name seems to refer to the French perfume company, but I don't know what is has to do with Suguru, the WSA, or the infiltration operation. Maybe it's something else but "Chanel" is all I really see it as for the moment.

On the other hand, Kinnikuman Wiki seems to have "Iyadesu Harrison"'s name as "Edith" in parody of a Japanese celebrity...but I don't know if the name is supposed to be "Edith" or actualy "iyadesu" (which is Japanese for "no way!")

It think it's another one of the Gania/Gange situations. Given that they're American (and her last name is western), I think we should go with Edith.
Posted Image

#30 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:35 AM

It think it's another one of the Gania/Gange situations. Given that they're American (and her last name is western), I think we should go with Edith.

If we go to Edith, we may have to go back to the already done chapters and change those...but at least we can do that from the next scanslated chapter on.

Posted Image

#31 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:44 AM

If we go to Edith, we may have to go back to the already done chapters and change those...but at least we can do that from the next scanslated chapter on.

It's only two chapters. (although One Manga doesn't put up rereleases)

Edit: Aha! I think I finally figured out the meaning behind Chanelman. When you google for "シャãƒ￾ル" (the aforementioned perfume and fashion company in Japanese), the image search comes up with a bunch of Chanel brand watches, perfume bottles, jewelry, and sunglasses. I think he's named after the brand of sunglasses he's wearing.

Chapter 60: "When in Rome, do as the Romans. When in America, dress as a smack-talking black cowboy"

http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=N2C1PV44

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Posted Image

#32 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:31 AM

It's only two chapters. (although One Manga doesn't put up rereleases)

Edit: Aha! I think I finally figured out the meaning behind Chanelman. When you google for "シャãƒ￾ル" (the aforementioned perfume and fashion company in Japanese), the image search comes up with a bunch of Chanel brand watches, perfume bottles, jewelry, and sunglasses. I think he's named after the brand of sunglasses he's wearing.

Chapter 60: "When in Rome, do as the Romans. When in America, dress as a smack-talking black cowboy"

http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=N2C1PV44

Chanel makes sunglasses? Well it explains a lot...and I really didn't know that since I was used to them doing fragrances.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Posted Image

#33 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

Chapter 61:
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=3ZZIBXJT

It's so nice to see Kinnikuman in control for a change.

More importantly, will I be able to finish 62 before the end of the day?

Edit: wow, I did it!

Chapter 62:
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=A5350H9T

I'm really enjoying his arc a lot more than I thought I would. It's really interesting, despite the fact that nobody really cares about it.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:32 AM.

Posted Image

#34 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

It's so nice to see Kinnikuman in control for a change.

I think that's one thing I like about the America arc so far: while he still essentially is a minion of Doro Phreas, he is pretty much running amuck taking down the WSC and WSF on his own with only Meat on his side. Sometimes with a lot of what comes later, seeing things from a earlier perspective knowing what comes later can be refreshing.

Oh, and take your time with any more scanslation, even though I have three more scripts ready:

-Chp. 63: It's not about good or evil...it's about how many heads of other heroes you can throw in without getting sued by their creator: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8350
-Chp. 64: Robin Mask: Psycho Choujin or just lonely?: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8351
-Chp. 65: Don't worry, Meat, you'll be in a seinen magazine soon enough...even if it won't be until the late 90s (with Suguru's son): http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8352

Posted Image

#35 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

Oh, and take your time with any more scanslation, even though I have three more scripts ready

You never fail to deliver, do you?

And don't be so courteous. When I have to marathon chapters, I tend to get bored and experiment. You have no idea how many new tricks I picked up today.

Edited by Stecase King, 09 January 2009 - 05:08 PM.

Posted Image

#36 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:34 PM

Uploaded 60-62 and posted on mangaupdates.

#37 Iori

Iori

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

Just dropped in to say, excellent work.

Glad to see people working so hard on translating the rest of the manga series into English.

I wish you luck with the rest. But, at this pace ... you hardly need it(!)

#38 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

Tash had just released this Chapter, so from Tash to me and now to all of you Enjoy!

Chapter 63: An Unexpected Man
http://www.mediafire.com/?ummziifyjmm

By the way, Knuxie I already edited the file names properly and it's also a Zip. So all you have to do is Upload it on "Team Kinniku"
Banned for making personal threats.

#39 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

Tash had just released this Chapter, so from Tash to me and now to all of you Enjoy!

Chapter 63: An Unexpected Man
http://www.mediafire.com/?ummziifyjmm

By the way, Knuxie I already edited the file names properly and it's also a Zip. So all you have to do is Upload it on "Team Kinniku"

Thanks for that. I kind of had to rush out the door, and didn't have to time upload it and post it myself.

Chapter 64: Robin Mask sucks
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=WU3HU7P6

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:32 AM.

Posted Image

#40 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

Team Kinniku earns a fist of hawtness for translating the manga.

Viz should take translation pointers from them once in a while.
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#41 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

I wish they would too, Matto.

And thanks for renaming the files before hand, KM.

.. Oh God. I have to tell my boyfriend about chapter 64. He claims Dynamite Piper and Bull Docky are his favorites because of their names. (Well, when he thought Bull's name was Blue instead)

Both are uploaded and submitted to mangaupdates.

#42 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:19 AM

I wish they would too, Matto.

And thanks for renaming the files before hand, KM.

.. Oh God. I have to tell my boyfriend about chapter 64. He claims Dynamite Piper and Bull Docky are his favorites because of their names. (Well, when he thought Bull's name was Blue instead)

Both are uploaded and submitted to mangaupdates.

Yeah, Dynamite Piper isn't bad a name...you can tell him yourself, just go to the broken bloody corpse in the corner. (I think the weird fact is that the dangerous names belong to ordinary wrestlers while the weird names belong to some of the most powerful Choujin...I mean if you didn't know better, you wouldn't find a threat from someone named Sunshine)

Posted Image

#43 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

Yeah, Alot of wrestlers mentioned in this Manga are parody's of the actual wrestlers. I'll mention all of them with "Notes" since I'm a big Wrestling fan in a separate post.

#44 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

Here's the deal:
I'm having some internet issues at the moment and am leeching off my neightbors' connection. I don't get a very strong signal, so the internet is really slow and unstable. I can still get to the translations and do the chapters, but uploading them is out of the question until I get it fixed. Hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow, but if not, that's the reason.
Posted Image

#45 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Anything that remembers Kinnikuman, and Bo-bobo

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:45 AM

I think can do too the manga, i think this because i'm not that bad doing a chapter,here is what i tried to do, it was my first time doing a chapter:

http://www.4shared.c...rified=685bf413

The translation is from strange ataru

#46 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:52 AM

One Weekend... Seven new chapters. Wow.

And... Bull Docky? As in Bullshizznit?

That's AWESOME.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#47 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:30 AM

I think can do too the manga, i think this because i'm not that bad doing a chapter,here is what i tried to do, it was my first time doing a chapter:

http://www.4shared.c...rified=685bf413

The translation is from strange ataru

If you can get out at least 7 chapters a week, you're in charge from now on.

I'm going to go enjoy my break.

Edited by Stecase King, 12 January 2009 - 07:35 AM.

Posted Image

#48 Crinos

Crinos

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:37 AM

In any case, thanks to all you guys for working on getting Kinnikuman translated, it is one of my favorite manga series and I'd like to be able to read it in its entirety.

#49 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

You've also got me to handle chapters as well, Tash. =P

Molanphy: It looks good.. but the script itself could use a bit of touching up. It sounds too awkward in places.

#50 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

Is anyone gonna do the SFX's in the Manga as well? as everyone does their part in this manga project.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com