• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 04 April 2020 - 01:58 AM

Hi all, just thought I'd delve back into the world of Boglins once again and show off what I've gathered together over the last couple years. I got these from eBay UK and the seller seemed to have a lot of cool stuff on auction at the same, just wish I'd had enough funds to feed my habbit! lol  ^_^

Attached File  IMG_3380.JPG   108.49K   28 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3381.JPG   39.85K   23 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3383.JPG   111.39K   17 downloads

Now my question here is about the stickers on the bottom of the figures. Are they just point values to do battle against one another like MIMP and why were these only introduced in 1994 when the new tribes were added with neon colours?

I can't make head nor tail of what mine means even after reading the leaflet. It looks like some sort of insect with the number 10 next to it. Am guessing that's a low point value due to being a standard tribe member. It's Klang from the Tough Guys by the way.

Anyone care to shed any light?

"Ant"

#2 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:23 AM

Very cool, I can see why you like the mint conditioned packaged stuff & choosing quality over quantity.

Yeah the points were only added in series 3. Why they felt the need to add them I'm not sure as boglins were a pretty successful line I believe the way they were prior to this.

I've never really looked at the symbols much myself but looking at your booklet that would mean that your klang is worth 10 points due to being a low ranked member & his last meal was a flying insect of some description lol.

P,s The engraved symbols (crown, envelope...) on the side of the higher ranked figures were added at the same period I believe.

Edited by SamuraiCC, 04 April 2020 - 04:29 AM.

#3 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 04 April 2020 - 09:09 AM

Cheers CC, although I wish the Prehistorics pack had taken less of a pounding! lol  :vava:

Aye am aware of the engraved symbols, it's just the sticky labels that are confusing me. It even says that not all have secret codes. 10 points sounds about right for a low ranking member, but I'll have to check the leaflet again to see how much a chief is worth. None of the blister-pack figures have stickers on them.

I'd love to know what the others symbols are on the other figures. I always keep a lookout on eBay to see what's out there, but will have to broaden my search to Sweden and Scandinavia this time. Wish me luck on my quest!  :)

"Ant"

#4 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:01 AM

Yeah a bit of wear but still looks nice mate, theres not many of those sealed packs around.
I dunno what the ratio is but it's gotta be at least for every several thousand loose figures there's only one sealed pack. What do ya reckon?

I had a whole load of the symbol stickers that i threw in the bin a while back, I wish I'd have kept them now I'd have just sent you them for nothing.

Good luck! Will be interesting to see what you find next....

#5 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:56 AM

Cheers man, I truly hope there's something special out there for me as well!  :thumbsup:

Guess it's just a matter of playing the waiting game. Sometimes these rare items all come along at once. Other times you could wait months or even years before a little gem turns up. 

I'll keep y'all posted on what I find as always.

"Ant"  :D

#6 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 02:30 PM

I'd love to know what the others symbols are on the other figures.

"Ant"

Another tribe member one for you mate...

Attached Files

Edited by SamuraiCC, 16 April 2020 - 02:31 PM.

#7 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 01:16 PM

Another tribe member one for you mate...

Ah cheers mate was wondering what the other symbols were. Is that Gulp from the Greedies by any chance?  :huh:

#8 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 01:38 PM

That's the fella.

The reason I had all those loose stickers is when I cleaned all my figures for display I removed all the stickers, why I threw them all in the bin I dont know lol.

Anyway sure i'll come across more in future so i'll update when I do for ya.

#9 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:46 AM

Aye spot on, no probs!  :thumbsup:

#10 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:22 AM

Another one...

This time it looks like boots are on the menu, now I know where those holes in my boots came from. ;-)

Attached Files

#11 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:35 AM

I just assumed the points values were random, here is a Klang with a 15pt bottle on it.

Attached Files

Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#12 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:53 AM

Hi Mark how the hell are ya my man. Was wondering when you'd show up again!  :)

Thanks for the updates guys, didn't know there were so many symbols. Which sculpt is that you have there CC?

I still try to seek out Scandinavian box sets but don't ever see any. Makes me wonder which other northern European countries had these......  :huh:  

"Ant"

#13 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the updates guys, didn't know there were so many symbols. Which sculpt is that you have there CC?

"Ant"

That's Grol in neon blue mate, not an easy one to find in the UK! Speaking of overseas ones.

Edited by SamuraiCC, 05 June 2020 - 11:33 AM.

#14 Boglinboss

Boglinboss

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 01:35 PM

Point stickers were added in series 2 and kept in part for series 3. They were a poor attempt at keeping uo with the competition.

#15 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:38 AM

Couple of Prehistoric Messenger Drats here.

Attached Files

#16 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:37 AM

A few more different symbols...

Bow & arrow 40 points

Fish bone 25 points

Open tin can 20 points

Attached Files

#17 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:48 AM

This is not something I have ever looked into but its certainly interesting. I may add point values to the website, maybe under something like Packaging and Extras.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#18 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 06:45 AM

Yeah same here until Ant brought up the topic, since then ive been intrigued to find out how many different symbols they're were.
Were up to 7 so far on here.

Edited by SamuraiCC, 14 July 2020 - 06:45 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com