Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

2nd annual Pirate Lion contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

Poll: Lion Contest (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick a Lion!

1. Buffalo Leo (2 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

2. Lionator (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. "Pirate" Pirate LIon (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

4. Lion Cross (1 votes [2.38%])

5. Dragon Armor Leo (11 votes [26.19%])

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

6. Griffen Leo (5 votes [11.90%])

Percentage of vote: 11.90%

7. LRG LIon (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Metallic Leo (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Hunter Lion (15 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

10. King Leo, the First (1 votes [2.38%])

11. CTHULHU: THAT ONCE WAS PIRATE LION (4 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

12. Fight Club Lion (2 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote

#51 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:08 PM

Custom for the contest is finished. :woot: Now I just have to finish my other custom for Pete. :devil:

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#52 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:51 AM

Quick update: I believe everyone has received their Lion. I have reports that some are finished, and I have even seen a killer photo or two :cry: I have not received any back yet though. Let me know if you run into any deadline problems.

#53 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:25 PM

ive been so busy i havent even touched mine yet... all in all if it comes down to it, ill just send him back untouched... sucks i have a good idea. =/

#54 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:49 PM

Mine is almost done,Just need to finish painting now,I will send you pics of what i have so far.

:rolleyes: eats
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#55 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

I will be sending mine out either tomorrow or the next day. :rolleyes:

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#56 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:35 AM

Received the first lion today! I will PM the contestant to confirm when I receive their entry.

#57 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

<_< I took my Lion on vacation with me to get some painting done. He's been kitbashed and primed for a while, but i was just having trouble getting around to actually painting the guy.

Anyway, got a nice first coat on his head and upper body friday morning, meaning to go back and do his legs, then the detail work. Well, days came and went and the paint never really dried. It's still sticky, and smudges when it's touched. Bad reaction with the primer? I don't know, because paint apparently doesn't come with instructions.

So i need to try to strip everything off and start over again this week.

Sigh. :lol:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#58 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, that was one of my very first mistakes painting. I haven't used primer since. Just go slow and even brush strokes and you will do fine. I went to mail mine today after work and the first post office was backed up bad, then I went to the second and it was closed. :(

Oh well maybe tomorrow.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#59 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

What would be a good product for stripping it then? Just regular paint thinner?
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#60 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:29 AM

There are alot of thinners that will eat the plastic up, I think I used Model kit Mineral Spirits, or thinner, like Testors on my muscles before. I've even used fingernail polish remover. But you be careful even with these, if you are too vigorous while rubbing the paint off you can wear into the plastic.

Posted Image

#61 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

So nothing is safe? :)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#62 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:10 AM

So nothing is safe? :)

Water and soap, use a tooth brush to get the paint off. That is what I do.

I will never quit.

#63 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:28 PM

Package is in the mail!!!! Yeah!!!! This is going to be a great contest. I can't wait to see everyones customs.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#64 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

so dont prime him~? i actually got some work done... and am about to paint him... ive painted many things, but never a toy... so this is new to me.

#65 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:41 AM

so dont prime him~? i actually got some work done... and am about to paint him... ive painted many things, but never a toy... so this is new to me.

You can Ericnilla but it might come out sticky. I just know the very first on I did came out all sticky. That was quite awhile ago. I may have gotten the wrong primer. It is all up to you though. What type of primer is it you are going to use?

I will never quit.

#66 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

Can't wait to see yours Steve and Eric! I just saw pics of someone else's and it was quite impressive. Very unique.

#67 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

Just finished painting mine today,This was the 1st time doing this,I am really excited about the way it came out.
I was going to send you a pic,but I just want you to be shocked and amazed when you see it. :o

This is going to be real hard mailing this out to you,I want to keep it. :cry: ,but I know you will give him a good home.

Even if I don't win,I really enjoyed working on this little contest.
Good Luck to all of the members who took part.

:M: eats

Edited by meatcutta78, 18 June 2008 - 07:07 PM.

#68 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:16 PM

Cool! Can't wait to see it. Also, some people PM's me about being nervous about missing the deadline, so I will hold off voting until I have received them all, but I will post pictures of the ones I have received on the 30th.

#69 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

Cool! Can't wait to see it. Also, some people PM's me about being nervous about missing the deadline, so I will hold off voting until I have received them all, but I will post pictures of the ones I have received on the 30th.

I know i wont be making the deadline, im barely finishing we speak. Been swamped and beat down all month with work... Sorry guys.

#70 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

What I am going to do is this: For those that I have in my hand on the 30th (Monday) I will take pics of and start to share. As I get any stragglers in I will post pics. Voting won't start till I have them all in. There is one or two I am worried about not getting in at all though....

I have to say from what I have seen it is going to be be an awesome contest! Thanks to all that have entered.
Remember I want to keep it a secret on what entries belong to which contestant until after the contest is over.

#71 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

Im sure members who took part in this contest will not post any comments. :lol: :(

Edited by meatcutta78, 27 June 2008 - 08:42 PM.

#72 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:05 AM

Ok, the mail man thought it was my birthday today. I received 7! lions in the mail this morning. I have 10 of the 13 that said they were in. One of the 3 remaining said it will be sent out shortly, but he palns to email me pics that I can use today. That leaves 2 others. One I'll tell you is Nemesisbonga and it seems that that one may never cum and the last one I'm checking on.

Soooooooo.......pics of all the ones I have (and 1 emailed pics) will debut tonight. Voting may likely start Thursday or Friday giving everyone a chance to digest these pictures. Looking at these fantastic works of art I would need a few days to decide. They are awesome. Last year was awesome, but this year the contest went to a whole new level. So many people saying it is their first custom really started off with a bang. Their really is such a variety of styles here I don't know how people will vote. I will not vote unless I am needed for at ie breaker. Which I hope doesn't happen.

It is my hope that many members see things that they like and will commission some of these fantastic creators for some customs of their own.

When it comes time to vote I hope EVERYONE takes the time to look these over and vote. I know we get 30 some people usually to vote on art contests and tournaments, but my hope is to have 50+ voters.

Pics later tonight.

#73 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:23 AM

I am really looking forward to voting and seeing the entries. I really like this contest.

I know you don’t share who is the artist (good choice), but could you tell us who entered?
Edit - Nevermind. :)

blitzwulf
meatcutta78
koppenschevelle
scumdogg
whiteleo
galthisan
nemesisbonga
ericnilla
cassel87
donkeykid77
reccoom kaboom
theorgg
lazzy lizard

Edited by General Veers, 30 June 2008 - 08:25 AM.

#74 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:53 AM

Yeah those are them! Quite a collection of talent Everyone will be blown away by the entries!

#75 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

Ok here they are! IF YOU DON"T LIKE THE PICS OF YOUR ENTRY LET ME KNOW AND I WILL RESHOOT.
In no particular order:
Buffalo Leo

Attached File  lion_2_001.jpg   575.79K   78 downloads

Attached File  lion_2_003.jpg   537.19K   5 downloads

Attached File  lion_2_002.jpg   586.37K   6 downloads

Attached File  lion_2_004.jpg   542.13K   2 downloads

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com