Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What's the best deal you've ever received on the Beasts?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

(Sorry if this is a repeated question, but I didn't see it doing a search) What's the best deal you ever got on Battle Beasts? A lucky auction, or just a seller going for cheaper than you'd think?

Mine:

* A guy was selling a weaponless Shool with a pretty low opening bid of about $12 Canadian (something like $9 US)- I was not only the first bidder, but the ONLY bidder! As he had a couple more lots, I got a bunch of guys for a good deal- finding a Laser Beast for less than $20 in Canada is very rare.

* Walking through a Mandarake store in Nakano Broadway (in Tokyo), I found a Zariganian for about 1000 yen (maybe $10-ish). Another really great price for a hard-ish to find guy.

* An eBay seller gave me a REALLY good deal on a Wood Beetle base ($40 U.S.- only missing two guns!) plus a bunch of weapons. Mike8658something on eBay. He's probably on here- I got about half my collection just from his store :).

* Probably assorted "lots" featuring multiple guys that went for pretty low auction prices. I assume some of you more-experienced types have received crazy good deals.

Edited by Jabroniville, 06 June 2016 - 04:15 AM.

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:08 AM

I've received all kinds of crazy deals over the years.

28 Battle Beasts, (one was Orange Gorilla) complete with weapons + 2 laser beasts complete with weapons

Wood Beetle base (complete)

Canadian version of the poster

$120 Canadian.

The bull War Monster for around $15 CAD shipped.

two or three complete laser beasts for $15 CAD each.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:16 AM

I've received all kinds of crazy deals over the years.

28 Battle Beasts, (one was Orange Gorilla) complete with weapons + 2 laser beasts complete with weapons

Wood Beetle base (complete)

Canadian version of the poster

$120 Canadian.[/quote]

two or three complete laser beasts for $15 CAD each.

Good heavens! Was that on eBay? Did the seller just not know what he had, or was he desperate to get rid of them?

That's a good price on the Laser Beasts, too- most of them cost that much WITHOUT their gear. Were the "First 12", or the later ones?

Edited by Jabroniville, 06 June 2016 - 04:18 AM.

#4 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:21 AM

The huge lot including the beasts, poster, and base was a local guy in Toronto. He didn't really know much about them, and to be fair none of the beasts had rubs on them. (Which was strange, because they were otherwise mint condition.) He knew they were Battle Beasts and that was it.

The War Monster was a guy on ebay, he didn't know what it was. I bought some Battle Beasts off of him and he said, "I've got this weird one I was going to throw up for $10. want to gift me the money and I'll put it in the box?"

And of course I said yes.

The three lasers were at my local comic shop. They were asking $30 a piece, but they know me well and I help them when I can. So they gave me them for the $15.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#5 Run Amuck Duck

Run Amuck Duck

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

So, if you've been collecting a while, something that was a pretty standard purchase back in the day might have ended up being a very good deal over time. Some examples come to mind:

- My first (and only) White Gumball beast, Sly Fox, still in it's original plastic bubble with the paperwork, which my father bought for me for about $40 back on eBay in 1998.

- Many of the long-timers remember how cheap the three Japanese Laser Beast Chariots got in the early 2000s. I managed to get the Sky Bat and Dino Gator sets boxed (opened, but complete) for around $35 each back in 2001. I was still in high school and could afford them back then!

- It was rare, but I would occasionally find Lasers at toy shows. I remember getting Slag King (no weapon or chariot) for twenty bucks at a show in 2004. I also got a boxed Puzzlecolor for about $70 around the same time.

It's funny. I've got much more expendable income these days and yet I simply refuse to pay the going rates any more, which is why my collection is still incomplete.

#6 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:19 PM

I used to get lots of about 6 Near Mint BB's with rubs and complete for $50 shipped to the uk.

Also bought a mint boxed Orange Gorillia from Mandarake Nakano cheap.

bbb3.jpg

#7 TheWaringWeasels

TheWaringWeasels

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:48 PM

I found six complete LB (lower) in good condition on a flea market for 15sek. That's about 2$.

#8 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

Oh the sweetness of finding battle beasts out in the wild!

I found 8 battle beasts on a second hand shop for around $3. Also got a lot of battle beasts (20 different from serie 1-3) and laser beasts (Puzzlecolor complete with shield and some other lower end and middle end ones) for about $100. All locally in Sweden.

#9 Randommaddness

Randommaddness

Titleless One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Quicker to list the things i don't collect.

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:13 PM

I found 13 battle beasts at the swapmeet year or so ago, complete with rubs and weapons for 1$ each. They were in the woodbeetle vehicle for which i paid another 15$ for.

Edited by Randommaddness, 07 June 2016 - 11:14 PM.

#10 Machoalex

Machoalex

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

I actually picked this up at a garage sale a few months back. Paid $1. Package isn't perfect, but for that price who cares?

Attached Files

#11 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:00 PM

Some kid bought them, proved almost unimaginable self restraint not opening and playing with them 30 years ago, and then his mother finds them and sells them at a 66% loss.

#12 Machoalex

Machoalex

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:37 PM

Some kid bought them, proved almost unimaginable self restraint not opening and playing with them 30 years ago, and then his mother finds them and sells them at a 66% loss.

Haha! To the seller's credit, I don't think the $1 markdown was theirs, but that's what they ended up going with. It was in a huge pile of unopened games & toys, most of which I had no interest in. But in all fairness, I've massively overpaid for other Battle Beasts before, so finding this kinda evened things out.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com