Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What is the name of this Deka? Lucky find!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:32 AM

I always wondered what it would feel like to:

1-win an auction and not know exactly what was in the lot
2-get it in the mail and be shocked to find a super rare anything

That happened today: https://page.auction...tion/q150418015

I always dreamed about winning a lot that had rare class Muscle figures or a purple claw (haha). The closest thing to experiencing that was at the beginning of my collecting the Muscle Mattel line. I got a Satan Cross and not even realizing it until weeks later after doing inventory and joining LRG.

I love Kinnikuman Dekas and anything Kinnikuman Deka related. I have been trying to complete the 117 set for 2 years now (missing only 1: Mariposa).

I also enjoy painting Dekas and on occasion I will see a sculpt or two I was missing in general or from my collection to paint. I collect things simultaneously or at a time and in March I bumped into this yahoojapan listing.

The listing itself had 3 pictures and one could not tell which Deka figures came with the lot. What interested me from the lot was the Battle Royal Deka Ashuraman I was missing from my collection and I thought: “Sure why not”.

I bid on it and six days later I won the listing for about $20. Afterwards I didn’t pay much attention to it until I got an email from the Japanese buying site I use informing me the package had arrived and was ready to ship.

To keep things as cheap as possible with Deka I almost always ship them Seamail (its by boat and it takes circa 60 days). I have never had a problem shipping stuff in this manner and its not a rush so I don’t mind waiting.

Today I received that package and I do my usual run through and cleaning.

The lot had some pretty good Deka sculpts like Hawkman ,VTR, Battle Royal Ramenman, Battle Royal Buffalo Man, Battle Royal Ashuraman, Battle Royal Warsman, 2 Ultraman Kaiju Deka, even 1 FOTNS Deka. I owned all of them already besides the Ashuraman and the Ultraman Kaiju.

Then upon closer inspection I almost lost my Sh*t…

In the lot was one of the rare Dekas not exclusive to the 117 run. I cannot remember his name so please help :D

I immediately checked my copy of REX Magazine #06 2015 and indeed I was right! According to the 1 page spread it’s “worth” 120,000 yen (circa $1,070 bucks give or take with the exchange rate). Of course the price is arbitrary or according to Mandarake but I was still super excited nonetheless.

I'm not even sure on the market value (I have seen the kinkeshi variant sculpt online from time to time priced highly). A lovely addition to my Deka collection.

The beauty of collecting!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   72.23K   9 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   166.26K   13 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   75.59K   13 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   73.2K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   40.38K   5 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 29 June 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:34 AM

Here are some pics from the other Dekas in the giant lot (like I said before I already own these but these are cleaner sculpts of the ones I already had).

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   45.49K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   43.77K   4 downloads

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:39 AM

Some Buffalo Men (two of three Deka versions) and I was excited to find the plastic/Deka combination Tons figure (I saw it for the first time in a lot of Kinkeshi sold by Eric Nilla and I wanted it ever since)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   48.52K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   45.98K   3 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 29 June 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:44 AM

Last but not least: 3 Battle Royal Dekas, 1 Fist of The North Star Deka & 2 Ultraman Kaiju Deka I didn't own (that makes 5 in my set but I dont know how many they made total).

Attached Files

#5 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

In the lot was one of the rare Dekas not exclusive to the 117 run. I cannot remember his name so please help

Is it supposed to be a locomotive of some kind? One way to read the yellow katakana on the the magazine would be "Train Man". I don't know the character though, so that may be wrong.

Thank you

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

I think the idea/concept was one of the fan "contest" submissions that was eventually made into a real kinkeshi & Deka (along with other characters), it's  supposed to be a train man of some kind.

#7 Maxrez

Maxrez

Cosmic Loot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for the story, this train man is really cool.

#8 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...Got Damn do I live for that stuff.

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:19 PM

Oh what a great score. Happy for you man! I love the Dekka figures too, but only have around 7 or 8 of them. I absolutely love that Ukon and Mammothman in your pics. Those are my two favorite kinnukiman/muscle figures. I'd love to have the pair myself someday!

Congrats on the killer find!

#9 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Keshi Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8893 posts
  • Interests:Customs and Collecting

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

Trainman! Great deka! I would love to recast him up. :D

I have the regular Trainman.
Attached File  Screenshot_20170629-225754.jpg   96.38K   9 downloads

#10 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:20 PM

Are the other 4 in the picture also yours? If yes, Holy Cow! What a collection!

Edited by kayfabe1985, 29 June 2017 - 10:24 PM.

#11 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Keshi Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8893 posts
  • Interests:Customs and Collecting

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

Yes all mine

#12 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2173 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

Oh wow! That Deka Trainman is awesome. Nice find.

Edited by SmokinGun, 10 July 2017 - 01:40 PM.

Copyright © 2017 LittleRubberGuys.com