in Evangelion Redeath, they potrayed Gendou as a pimp

#52 Altered Bonk

Altered Bonk

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:31 PM

Everyone saying they don't have a microphone... look at your computer's mic input. Look at a Headphone jack. Plug headphone jack into computer, hit "record" on MSsound Recorder, and speak into one end of the headphone. Stop, playback.

Oh! Look! Transducer = Transducer! Who would've thought!!

Heh. Kids.
:stupid:

Well waddayano, I guess I could help out with the voice work.

#53 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

Frobman,

Record a voice saying a sentance into MSsound Recorder. Not any fancy program-- Sound Recorder.

Then save it, and note how long it is. Then use the "Increase speed 100%" action about ten times, or until the sound is about .5 seconds long (for a full sentance). Then use the opposite "Decrease Speed" until it's back to the right speed. Play it. Nice and robotic, eh? If it doesn't sound right then, try decreasing it one more time. That might be what you want.

Good Idea?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#54 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:12 AM

http://download.yous...D812A06AB049DC
That was useful. I tried it at different speeds and using two different dialouges.

#55 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:40 AM

Okay, I tried the headphone thingy. I plugged a set of headphones into the microphone jack on my computer. I could *barely* hear the recording, and there was some static garbage in the background. The headphones might've been too sucky, though.

BTW, I call Neptuneman. :stupid:
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#56 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:20 AM

Call all you want, but I believe there'll be auditions. Nothing's cemented until the catalyst (Sooperkreep) decides that it is.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#57 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

Yeah, cool, but I still need to know what was wrong with the headphones, and how to fix it.
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#58 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

Give me ALL the details of the recording, and I'll see what I can do. Specifically, but not limited to, how you had your computer's Audio Mixer set level wise, how you held the headphones, what position you were in when you spoke into the headphones, the distance to the headphones, and the program you used to record in the line.

Give me a few paragraphs detailing exactly what you did and the settings of your system's mixer and I'll help out as much as possible.

I have about four different things in mind that could've yielded that problem.

#59 Jenny

Jenny

i'm tired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:47 AM

Well I've been watching my DVDs, trying to do Suguru's voice, and I think I'll try for it. I'll get myself a microphone on Saturday, earliest, and make some clips. :unsure:

ZObY.png

#60 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:51 AM

Well, I can hear 'em fine now. The problem is the static. I recorded some, and have them on a disk, but the damn computers at my school seem to refuse to take files off disks, and my Internet's down.
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#61 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:19 AM

Depending on how much participation we get on this dub will determine which film we dub. If we get enough people who can help then we can figure out if Movie 7 is even an option. For now plan on the easier of the 2 (Movie 6) to be the one we dub 1st. Although, with any luck I may be able to get Movie 7 subbed/scripted.

We'll keep the project open to participants at all times but for the sake of the scripting process the final decision on which Movie we dub will be made on Saturday April 8th.

So, feel free to audition in whatever manner you can, yousendit.com and rapidshare are great ways to post your auditions.

The Cast will change some depending on which movie we plan on using but the following list of Characters appear in both films:

Kinnikuman (Suguru)
Terryman
Robin Mask
Ramenman
Buffaloman
Brocken Jr
Beetlebomb(Geronimo)
Sosumi(Rikishiman)
Skullduggery(Kinkotsuman)
Slab(Iwao)
King Mayumi Muscle
Queen Sayuri Muscle
Vance McMadd(Harabote)
Meat
Nachiguron
Mari Nikaido
Natsuko Shono(Terryman's Wife)
Doc Nakano
Announcer Yoshigai
Check out some of my Custom Action Figures.(Non-UM related.)
http://www.toymania....cc14/ffxi.shtml

http://sooperkreep.deviantart.com/

"I accept cash, credit, checks or your broken bones."
-Checkmate

#62 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:51 AM

Depending on how much participation we get on this dub will determine which film we dub. If we get enough people who can help then we can figure out if Movie 7 is even an option. For now plan on the easier of the 2 (Movie 6) to be the one we dub 1st. Although, with any luck I may be able to get Movie 7 subbed/scripted.

We'll keep the project open to participants at all times but for the sake of the scripting process the final decision on which Movie we dub will be made on Saturday April 8th.

So, feel free to audition in whatever manner you can, yousendit.com and rapidshare are great ways to post your auditions.

The Cast will change some depending on which movie we plan on using but the following list of Characters appear in both films:

(*SNIP*)

*MALE*
Kinnikuman (Suguru)
Terryman
Robin Mask
Ramenman
Buffaloman
Brocken Jr
Beetlebomb(Geronimo)
Sosumi(Rikishiman)
Skullduggery(Kinkotsuman)
Slab(Iwao)
King Mayumi Muscle
Vance McMadd(Harabote)
Meat
Doc Nakano
Announcer Yoshigai

*FEMALE*
Queen Sayuri Muscle
Nachiguron
Mari Nikaido
Natsuko Shono(Terryman's Wife)

That might help those auditioning, though granted it's not important if the auditions are good enough.

Also, is Yoshigai the same as Mac Metaphor, just younger?

#63 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:54 PM

If you wanna do it like the Japanese version too, you could have a female voice for Meat, unless you prefer a male/Mike Pollock voice for the little guy (He should be between 11-15 I think).

#64 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:15 PM

Thank you, Theorgg that WILL help everyone auditioning I'm sure. (I should of thought of that :wacko: .)

Announcer Yoshigai I beleive is a different Character. Mac Metaphor is supposed to be the Young New Announcer in UM and Doc Nakano the Veteran announcer. If indeed Yoshigai is Mac then he should look quite a bit older by the time UM comes around, sorta like how Doc uses a grey hair piece nowadays. Yoshigai and Mac behave the same but dont exactly look alike, of course that could be because of the different animators. For the sake of our dub even if he isnt Mac I wouldnt mind refering to him as Mac. ^^

@Frobman:
THAT is a tuff one. Well not really, I dont think any of us amatuers can match Itsamike's Meat (hehe :unsure: ). I'm leaning toward a younger sounding VA for this one. It's explained easily enough, the way Meat sounds in UM is the way he SHOULD sound due to his true age being somewhere in his 30's. Where as in G1 he actually is only 15ish. His voice aged in chriostasis but not his bod. ;)

Also since any fully JP names will be tuff for some to pronounce we can shorten them for the dub.

ie: Nachiguron = Nachi

Ok took a look at Knuxie Chan's UM Jp/Dub name change thread and she says that Yoshigai IS indeed Mac Metaphor ( I ain't gonna be the one to argue with her on it :wacko: ) But I will make sure that Yoshigai is even the announcer in these films it may be Hiroshi Tazahama instead.

Edited by Sooperkreep, 30 March 2006 - 02:34 PM.

-Checkmate

#65 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

Since half the time we're going with the dub, I feel that Meat should be a few years older than Sugaru, in his mid twenties or so. I guess it'd depend on who tries for his voice, really.

#66 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:44 AM

@ Theorgg

The only problem with that is Meat himself behaves more like a child in these films. He uses the children's playground dresses like a kid and plays with other kids as though he is one of them.
We dont have to be 100% faithful on our dub though so if some one can do a great read for meat than I don't care if he sounds like young Meat or older Meat.
I'll leave that interperatation wide open.
Right now I'm working on getting some lines translated for the static cast members of both films. That way those auditioning have something to work from.

-Checkmate

#67 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:21 PM

Say, what's happening regarding this? And also I'd be having a two/three weeks from after today, but my little brother will be home, so it's more or less no privecy and he hates me for no good reason. But I'll manage somehow.

#68 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

Former Resident Song Translator & Self-Proclaimed Freelancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:20 AM

Well, I finally found out the secret to my computer's problems with recording my voice, and I'm finally able to be heard. I think... So, if anyone needs me for any voices, I'll be happy to help out.
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#69 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:30 AM

We're waiting for translation and applying for our voices, arn't we?

*remembers he needs to do his audition, and decides to make up the lines.

#70 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:00 AM

So is= or <30seconds about right for auditions?

Also, since a half-minute of uncompressed .wav is about a meg, I'll point out a good Wav-->MP3 converter that's easy to use. Power Amp is what I've been using for a few years, and it's quite nice.

My Terryman trial:
http://rapidshare.de...cation.mp3.html

My Slab trial:
http://rapidshare.de...cation.mp3.html

Edited by theorgg, 04 April 2006 - 11:18 AM.

#71 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:35 PM

:( CLAP/CLAP/CLAP! :woot:

VERY well done Theorgg!
LMAOF!

You nailed the Kinnikuman style V/A'ing! As far as I'm concerned and if nobody else objects(even if they do) you've got the parts! ^^

Your rendition of Slab was, PRICELESS!
LOL!
LOL, I say!

Anyone, interested in a part really should listen to what Theorgg and Frobman have done. REALLY go for it! Be as over the top as you can be and when you've reached that GO FURTHER! The American VA's in UM were fearless THATS why the dub was a successful one. Let's do our VERY best to keep that tradition alive.

Scripts are coming along nicely my translator chose to translate by action(battle scenes) rather than by scene order. She's doing it for free so I won't bug her about efficiency. She's sending me some write ups tonight so the minute I get some lines for soem of the Cast members I'll post 'em. ;)

-Checkmate

#72 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:38 PM

Thumbs up to Theorgg! :woot: I'll see who else I could do!

#73 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:01 PM

I'd comment on what Frobman has done, but his file is HUGE.

MP3 won't affect the quality of the vocal recordings much at all, so I'd suggest MP3'ing 'em before uploading 'em.

#74 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:18 AM

http://download.yous...9DEF96520E1EB06
Some more of the same characters, and more. I tried to do Buffaloman, but I can't differenciate it from my other voices. You can recommend who I can do from what you heard. (Also I could do a high-pitched histerical sort-of voice if that also matters)

#75 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:39 AM

Alright. I took a listen. CAUTION: CRITICAL WORDS AHEAD

The Good Acceptable:
Ramenman
Geronimo
Warsman (volume 3)

The near-s, according to me:
Skullduggery (I always imagined him as a fruity 'skeletor-and-Alice-Cooper from "black lace and leather" ' type of voice.

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com