117 replies to this topic

#76 Leonardo

Leonardo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 08:16 AM

By this time i'm sure the GBA game will be out, and the GameCube you could hook up little playing stations :woot:

Anyways I'll see if I can come, I'm sure I would waste lots of money on stuff too lol
Check out my cool transformers/ninja turtles site
www.wheeljack.com
Posted Image
www.theninjaturtles.com

#77 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:59 PM

Prize pics up!
http://jk.ixystems.c...econ/prizes.htm

#78 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:31 AM

Those prizes rule! I really like the Silver Hand and Gold Satancross customs from GODBEAST. :woot:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#79 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for taking photos of them and adding me to the prize donators! They look super cool in that ring! I can't wait to see which Sunshine #15 you end up putting in the prize donations!

THEGODBEAST :woot:

#80 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 20 May 2003 - 09:25 AM

any chance that those of us poor saps like me who aren't goign to be able to make it to the con can enter any of contests?

The gold satan cross rocks.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#81 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 04:27 AM

Gold Satan Cross
Silver Hand

best figures ever
Posted Image

#82 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 12:27 PM

Before I make the necessary changes to the MUSCLE Con page and post it on the Main Page, here's the skinny:

As if you really needed another reason to make it to the 1st Annual M.U.S.C.L.E. Con, let me give you two!

1. Mike Pollock
2. Marc Thompson

Yes folks, that's right. The Con will be attended by none other than Kid Muscle and Meat! (no, not in costume). These awesome voice actors, who we get a visit from every Saturday Morning on the FoxBox, will be at M.U.S.C.L.E. Con, IN THE FLESH! Here's you chance to meet these legends in person, and maybe get an autograph or two from them!

It just keeps getting better and better........

#83 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 12:34 PM

By the way, I need a few volunteers that are 100% for sure going to the San Diego and Chicago Comic Conventions, who would be willing to hand out MUSCLE Con flyers.

I am having some full color flyers made next week, and can send a small amount to any folks going those places.

:woot:

#84 Leonardo

Leonardo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 01:06 PM

I live one town over to rosemont (where they host wizardworld chicago) it takes me about 10 minutes to get there... Plus I'll be going all three days, you want me to help out?
Check out my cool transformers/ninja turtles site
www.wheeljack.com
Posted Image
www.theninjaturtles.com

#85 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 10:21 PM

Flyer front.

Attached Files

#86 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 10:21 PM

Flyer Back

Attached Files

#87 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 01:08 AM

The flyer looks great Johnny! I like the info about the other toy lines on the back. Battle Beasts! :cry:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#88 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:20 AM

Any chance that if we can pull together an east coast meeting that we can get some of the flyers to hand out to the people who are able to make it.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#89 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 07:19 AM

Any chance that if we can pull together an east coast meeting that we can get some of the flyers to hand out to the people who are able to make it.

Definitely.

#90 WarOmnimon

WarOmnimon

King Exkaiser Haro!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:10 AM

If I can get permission from my parents and such, I'll try to book something for the East Coast MUSCLE Heads. I'm in New England, so if I can get something booked, it will be up here.
Current Avatar Harobot King Exkaiser
AKA The Daikaiju Battle Guy

#91 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 03:09 PM

Updated the MC2003 Page to reflect new changes/additions.
Muscle-Con 2003

#92 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 02:13 PM

Flyers sent off to press today!

By the way, any one going to the Anime Expo in Anaheim in a couple weeks?
http://www.anime-expo.org/index2.html
I need someone to distribute flyers there.

#93 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 03:14 PM

Sent to my local Fox station...

To whom it may concern,

My name is Jon Karis, owner of Kinnikuman.Com.

We are writing to inform your organization that we will be hosting an "Ultimate Muscle, the Kinnikuman Legacy" Convention, with the approval of 4Kids Entertainment and Bandai America. The Convention will be held at the brand new West Sacramento Civic Center on West Capital Avenue, in West Sacramento, CA on Saturday, July 26th 2003 from 9:30am to 5:30pm.

"Ultimate Muscle" currently airs on the FoxBox at 9am here in the Sacramento market on your station and this convention will be based on the cartoon, toyline and other "Ultimate Muscle" related items.

Activities will include:

All day video room, showing the Ultimate Muscle cartoon tapes, loaned to us by 4Kids Entertainment.

Video Game tournament featuring the new Ultimate Muscle game for the GameCube.

The opportunity to meet voice actors Mike Pollock (Meat: Ultimate Muscle) and Marc Thompson (Kid Muscle: Ultimate Muscle). We are flying them in with 4Kids permission and they will be on hand to meet, greet and sign autographs for the attendees.

Multiple contests and prizes, provided by Bandai corp., Kinnikuman.Com and various donors.

There will also be other collectible/toy/anime related vendors present.

This will be a family friendly environment.

Pricing for adults (16+) is undetermined, but will be finalized by 7/1/2003 (current estimates place the cost at $20 or less). Children 15 and under will be admitted free with a paying adult. This is a great place for parents to bring their children for a day of amusement without having to break the bank, so to speak.

More information on the Convention can be found at http://jk.ixystems.com/musclecon

We are asking if you could possibly inform your viewers of this event, as it is in theme with the Ultimate Muscle cartoon in your FoxBox lineup.

Please inform us if this is possible, and also, if you would like a spot reserved at the convention to promote the FoxBox and it's full line-up. This would be complimentary of course, as we would be honored to have the FoxBox participate, as 4Kids Entertainment and Bandai America have seen fit to do also.

Sincerely,

Jonathon M Karis
http://www.kinnikuman.com
jkaris@kinnikuman.com

#94 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 03:57 PM

It would be pretty neat, if they used this info to make a commercial. They could have Meat and Kid talking about the info given.

Posted Image

#95 Chibi Riya

Chibi Riya

PirateLord Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 04:12 PM

Boy boy, I am jealous of everyone who has a chance to go...... SO JEALOUS!

(note: please do not reply to this. Im just telling everyone my feeling about people who get to go)

[ Yuujou Power ]
FULL ON FRIENDSHIP! 8D

#96 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 04:31 PM

There was some talk about some special UM promo shots, but 4Kids didn't have the time to do them before the Convention.

#97 Ramses

Ramses

Walking the path of heaven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 07:47 PM

There was some talk about some special UM promo shots, but 4Kids didn't have the time to do them before the Convention.

there is an alternative...we can ask an outside source with 4Kids' Sanction to do a promo? <_< it could work.

#98 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 06:15 PM

HUGE UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Okay, bad news first.........

I had been having problems getting the Civic Center to confirm for the convention, even though I had reserved it months prior. They just were not answering my calls. I even stopped in, but they were too busy to see me. So I began the hunt for a new venue, with no real luck.
Well, last Friday (6/20) I stopped in and they had time for me. They said to proceed with everything as planned. I aksed if they had the pricing nailed down, and she said "No, but we are trying to get you in at the proposed non-profit rate, when that gets approved by the City Council." New building and the slow local government STILL hasn't confirmed rental pricing.
SO anyways. That being said, I went ahead an had the printers sent to press. I received them Wednesday (6/25) and was planning on taking them out to the local vendors to get my signups that Saturday (giving the vendors a month to prepare).

Everythng was going great.......until.....

Friday, 6/27 JUST BEFORE LUNCH TIME, she calls me and says "Well, we just got out of the meeting with the City Council, and they did not approve the pricing. And since they won't meet again for 60 days, all reservations have been cancelled."

AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

4 weeks prior to the convention date, and the venue backs out on me, and to top it off, the flyers are now a waste! Talk about mad, I was FUMING! How can they do this? I had the place reserved for MONTHS! But, that just goes to show your wasted tax dollars at work. The idiots in the local government would rather leave the place empty, genreating NO revenue, instead of agreeing on a temporary price for the folks who have had it reserved in the interim.

Anyways, I was waiting to tell you this until I found a new venue, which I have. It will be the ILWU Union Hall on 5th and F street in West Sacramento.

The building is bigger (sq. feet) and is better suited for our convention events, but it is an older building in a residential area. It is actually the first place I had planned for the event, until I considered the new Civic Center. I am in the process of getting new flyers drawn up and printed and I should be able to get the vendors all in line this weekend.

The biggest plus to the Union Hall, is that we have no time limit, so the convention will be longer than the 8 hours planned, and I can add more events and we can watch more cartoon episodes!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully this last minute let down will turn out to be more beneficial for our event!

M.U.S.C.L.E. Con WILL go on!!!!! 7-26-2003

A HUGE thanks to BanDai, 4Kids Entertainment, Marc Thompson (Kid Muscle) and Mike Pollack (Meat - itsamike) for all their support.
Especially Mike, he has been a Godsend with all his advice and intermediary help between us and 4Kids!

See you all in less than 4 weeks!!!!!!! :p

#99 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 07:00 PM

wow, johnny! you're the man! :p

i'm just sorry that i can't be there to enjoy the fruits of your undying efforts! :p

#100 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 07:30 PM

I don't care where you have it (even your backyard), I am there!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImageTHEGODBEASTPosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com