• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#151 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

you've got backwards calf akuma and double sinister chun li? those are the rarest of the rare. :spiteful:

damn, i'm really gonna have to do the full level inspections on these things. do you think i'll stand out in the aisle with my lead suit and laser gun? :shok:

EDIT: i have one final and somewhat large gripe about akuma. WHERE THE eff IS HIS KANJI SYMBOL ON HIS GI?!? the packaging eludes to it being there although never actually showing a picture of it. unless this is some variant, that's a huge ball drop.

Edited by dankingery, 13 August 2009 - 03:23 PM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#152 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

Well, they have a variant with it coming out, but Akuma never really has the Kanji till he does his move for it. The only Akuma's from my SOTA collection that have it are the Shin-Akuma's. I think they were just playing with photoshop, and didn't think that folks would expect the kanji to actually be there. NECA was just lazy with his bead necklace though. Mine doesn't want to stay around his neck... I should see what a SOTA one looks like, it would at least look more in scale.

But 2 for 2 in the quality control department aren't good numbers. That means 50% of the figures I've bought had defects! :spiteful: I've already fixed Akuma's leg though. Just wish I could somehow turn Chun's hand inside out or something. :shok: Sucks cause I was wanting to do some pictures of her in some poses and fighting, but without her other hand I can't go through with it.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 13 August 2009 - 04:12 PM.

Posted Image

#153 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

Ack!!! Went to switch out my hands for Chun-Li, and she has 2 LEFT PALM HANDSSS!!!! AAAAAH!!!! Just contacted NECA about it. Hope their customer service was as top notch as SOTA's used to be. ^_^

Picked up all 3 figures from the new set, only one Im missing is C Viper, but didnt want her as I only intended to get the original core characters.....though Akuma was to cool to pass up.

Posted Image

#154 FeralWolf

FeralWolf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:16 AM

I was actually let down that the NECA series hasn't even shown mock ups for Abel or Fuerte. I think those figures would be awesome. I'm also semi boy cotting this line just based on scale. I really liked how the SOTA ones almost matched Marvel or DC super articulated figures.

#155 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:28 AM

Since NECA did an alternate costume version of Guile, I wonder if we'll get any others, I'd purchase an alternate version of Balrog in a heartbeat...

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#156 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:46 AM

By alternate do you mean just variants, or different body sculpts or dress? I have to agree though. I'd buy a well done Balrog in a heartbeat. NECA showed some variants of the first 6 figures off at the con. They even have a Round 1 variant set up for sale on their site.

Posted Image

#157 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:16 AM

By alternate do you mean just variants, or different body sculpts or dress? I have to agree though. I'd buy a well done Balrog in a heartbeat. NECA showed some variants of the first 6 figures off at the con. They even have a Round 1 variant set up for sale on their site.

Alternate costumes, NECA did the alternate costume version of Guile which is Guile in Charlie's outfit from the Alpha games, Balrog is wearing a boxing robe and some Apollo Creed styled fight gear complete with stars on his boxing gloves.

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#158 FeralWolf

FeralWolf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

speaking of guile dressing up as charlie, I have a sota styled custom that will make good ol' URS happy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I prefer to show these here rather than the custom thread for a few reasons:

1. I'm attempting to fill the holes that SOTA left

2. I figure I'll get better feedback from people who are more of street fighter fans

3. I'll save my kinnikuman customs (if I ever finish one, seems like forever) there to appease the board moreso

enjoy.

I too am bummed that we haven't seen an abel or fuerte figure. Maybe with Super street fighter 4 in the works, something may come to fruition

#159 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

Nifty custom Feral. Did you chissel down a Guile head for that?

Also...am I the only one that can't access Action-figure.com anymore? What happened to that site?

Posted Image

#160 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:08 AM

i couldn't get on there either.

#161 FeralWolf

FeralWolf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:17 AM

thank you very much. He did indeed start as guile, with musculature and face sculpted back on to make him more sleek. and so he doesn't have cloth folds on his ribs. that would have made me nuts to know that he had that under that jacket/vest.

poor action-figure.com.

The main guy that stopped reporting a while (adrian, i think) sold the site to someone else. The other guy(nomad) thought it was going to him for his years of work for the site. Not the case. Third party came in and thanked (nomad, sorry if I'm confusing the two main names) for his years of volunteer work and told him his services are no longer needed. So there was no updates for a while, basically after the Green Lantern DVD, but when we did get an update in july or something to that effect; it detailed a message to the effect of.

"Hi kids, we will be updating the site for the next few months, but it will be offline before comic-con, and open back up after october! Keep checking back!"

I think that it will not open up again. just my two cents however. if it does, I'm assuming its going to be a fresh slate that you will have to rejoin, no record of anythign in the boards, etc.

hope that helps.

#162 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

Ah! Thanks, I was wondering about that. Well, hopefully it looks better, and is better moderated. I certainly hope they don't erase all the old topics and discussions. There was some awesome information and discussions there from the source by particular toy company employees. We know that Jerry Macaluso was a regular part of the Street Fighter and Statue discussions.

Posted Image

#163 FeralWolf

FeralWolf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:02 AM

Ah! Thanks, I was wondering about that. Well, hopefully it looks better, and is better moderated. I certainly hope they don't erase all the old topics and discussions. There was some awesome information and discussions there from the source by particular toy company employees. We know that Jerry Macaluso was a regular part of the Street Fighter and Statue discussions.

yeah, that guy rocked. yeah I kind of miss it. I liked my little group there in the street fighter forums. I just think they had a lot of stuff that was clutter. so in a side note, urs, how are you enjoying the super street fighter 4 news?

#164 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

:thumbsup: Well...it was bound to happen. I won't doubt there will be quite a few Super SF4 games...maybe a Turbo and a Turbo Challenge. :cry:

In fact, I wouldn't doubt a Street Fighter 5 isn't too far away.

Posted Image

#165 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:16 PM

they're going to have to release a super street fighter 4 hyper turbo mega zero champion edition before they start on 5.

in case someone is still looking for him. guile in charlie's drawers is up for cheap on ebay now.

#166 FeralWolf

FeralWolf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

well i know in the most recent ono interview,they stated itwill have 8 new characters, including dee jay, t. hawk, juri (juli?) and five more. Juri looks cool, her ultra is amazing. Rumor has it that it will be slightly cheaper, have new endings, and if you own both copies of sf4 and super sf4, you might get some kind of bonus downloadable.

i'm trying to work on 4 sota-esque customs right now, hopefully I can have them done in a reasonable amount of time.

#167 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

Alright, I'm a tad bit bugged now. I finally found the Black Gen variant I needed, but someone waits till the last few hours, and bids on it over 20 times in a row with bid increments of measly $2 and $3 dollars per bid. Get this, they bid it up to the cent, then stopped bidding! :( That sounds very mean and fishy. So either the guy decided to snipe me later, or the seller got one of his buddies to shill me up! It didn't happen till after the 12 hour mark. Then I went to sleep with the auction at $52 bucks, and wake up and it's up to my max bid. I hate people. I really want this thing to finish my collection, but I think I would simply love it if the guy outbid me and then flaked on the seller.

Attached File  Shill.JPG   119.19K   1 downloads

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 28 January 2010 - 06:52 PM.

Posted Image

#168 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:07 PM

If that's not shill bidding, I don't know what is. If this happened to me, I'd cancel my bid. You might also want to report the seller and this shill bidder to eBay.

Sure, you want the figure, but I'm sure that it will come along again in the future. Any toy you see on eBay will show up again at some point... unless it's Droids Vlix, I suppose.

#169 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

That's precisely why I don't put in my highest bid immediately. I'd rather put in a serviceable bid and waste time waiting for snipers when it's ending than invite shill bidding or some asshole who decides to drive up the price because he can - I've seen that happen before too, when I know the seller didn't have a shill.

#170 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

That's a compelling argument for waiting to bid. I usually bid my max then let the auction run its course. That's okay for low-end items (which are the ones on which I normally bid). But for high-end items like this, it might be better to wait until the end.

Then again, you also run the risk of forgetting about the auction. But at least you don't have to worry about crap like this.

#171 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

Lousy. :( Can a seller see a bidders max bid while the auction is going on?

#172 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:42 PM

Wow what a surprise. I won it. :( I don't even want this thing now. I'm totally disgusted. These are the incidents that make me want to just burn all my action figures and quit collecting. I think I'm gonna email the seller and tell him to give a second chance offer to the other guy... After all what's a penny right. ;)

My only problem is that this variant was limited to 300 and exclusive to a shop in Japan. The only other examples of this variant are in green packaging, and are unauthorized productions from the original factory. The main cause of the death of this line to begin with was due to the factory bootlegging SOTA's products.

So although I'm sure another will eventually pop up, the low production value is a real kick in the pants.

Posted Image

#173 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

that's ass how you got shilled to death. i wish you had finally scored this one under favorable circumstances. if you end up keeping it, i hope it brings you years of joy. if you end up passing on it, i hope a new one pops up real quick and you snag it for dirt cheap.

#174 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:12 PM

Well, he had one other item that went kind of high. There was one bidder with zero feedback that pushed it up to $75 bucks, then he stopped bidding. Looks like the guy uses multiple accounts to shill up auctions he thinks should go for more than they do.

Attached File  shill2.JPG   97.33K   0 downloads

I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I think I'm just gonna report him, and chalk it up as another loss though. I mean this other guy fraudulently increased the ending price more than 50%.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 28 January 2010 - 06:53 PM.

Posted Image

#175 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:22 AM

I definitely wouldn't pay. If he's slimy enough to shill up the bid, I doubt he's even trustworthy enough to deliver the figure. Sure, you could pay the money because you think it's worth it, but who knows if he'll actually deliver it, or if the figure will be damaged because he wants to skimp on packaging and shipping costs, or whatever. If this was a low-cost item, like under $20, I don't think I'd worry about it. But at $120, I would want a trustworthy seller.

eBay doesn't allow sellers to give negative scores anymore (just negative comments), so I'd just refuse to pay and eat the comments. If he wants to give you crap about it, you can leave a comment on his feedback that he's nothing more than a shill bidder. I'd also report this dude to eBay. It's the most blatant example of shill bidding I've ever seen.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com