5 replies to this topic

#1 tron1974

tron1974

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:38 AM

So, a little background on my post. While growing up in the mid-80's I thought these figures were really cool to collect and trade, however, my parents didn't think they were worth it so I had maybe a single 4-pack. My brother in-law had a bunch that my in-laws kept over the years and my 4 year old loves them when he visits. Because of this, when I saw the pack at my local Savers store for $4, I grabbed them.

I am not a collector as some/most of you may be. I like to find neat stuff from my childhood and have my son play with them as I did. When I saw these, I was really excited. In total, I bought 146 figures with some being duplicates. Aside from some bad cigarette smell and 3 with pen on the feet, they are in great shape. I looked through most of the guides linked here and then searched Google but it is a bit challenging and difficult. Most of what I have appears to be rather common.

I wanted to post to see if there is anything in particular that anyone could see in the pics that maybe shouldn't let my son play with or something someone that actually collects them might be interested in.

nnpr21.jpg

#2 nerzhin

nerzhin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:48 AM

That's an awesome find. I love thrift stores. I would say let your kid have at them. My kids love Muscles too and I give them all my doubles and stuff. That's a perfect starter collection you found

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:12 AM

Great score!!

#4 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

Four bucks well spent, man!

#5 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:04 PM

Soak those suckers in a bleach/dish soap/scalding water solution for a few hours, and have AT 'em with your kid!  

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#6 maximusprime888

maximusprime888

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:26 PM

did u sell some of it already?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com