13 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 06:29 AM

http://www.actionfig...s/masofun2.html

Now I am pissed! Why the hell do they have to make 15 different versions of the same damn figure. 2-3 versions of main figures are kewl. One of each wierd guy is kewl. But 5+ versions of He-Man, Skeletor and Man-at-Arms, WHAT THE eff! And these samurai He-Man versions. COME ON! Yes, I have alot of extra fundage to buy toys, but THIS IS LAME!
AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Okay, got that off my chest.

By the way, the Bat blade Skeletor, Trap-Jaw and Sy-Clops are AWESOME! As well as the Raptor thingy.

-Johnny

p.s. Biolo Blade He Man? Hell, the only difference is his "Bolo Blade". Why don't they just make a DAMN accessory pack! AAARRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

#2 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 23 August 2002 - 07:55 AM

http://www.actionfig...s/masofun2.html

Now I am pissed! Why the hell do they have to make 15 different versions of the same damn figure. 2-3 versions of main figures are kewl. One of each wierd guy is kewl. But 5+ versions of He-Man, Skeletor and Man-at-Arms, WHAT THE eff! And these samurai He-Man versions. COME ON! Yes, I have alot of extra fundage to buy toys, but THIS IS LAME!
AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

My thoughts after absorbing tons of posts on this around the net:

Mattel is basically starting the line over with each assortment - assuming that there will not be a Skeletor and He-Man on the shelves as each assortment is released. They really don't take into account that someone would buy every single figure that they release - or care, probably. Use Hasbro Batman as an example - there can't be many people that bought every single Batman figure with a new accessory they released. Any kid who sees MOTU cartoon or a magazine ad, etc, will want He-Man or Skeletor first in most cases. I'd venture to say that kids are not in the position to collect entire lines, as we, the older fans, are. If you don't like something, dont buy it. There are too many completists out there...what does it matter if you skip the 15 extra He-Mans and just buy the ones you like? Always think of Batman. Or Spider Man - they had a lot of SpiderMan figures that were nothing but armor or paint on the same damn Spidey.

The original MOTU line had a few He-Man and Skeletors, but there was no 'fandom' then to talk about such things. Would we have complained then? Probably. Thinking back, they really tried to make some changes in each variant figure - slighlty new sculpting, a power action that needed a new torso...

So, in closing, it's your money.

DoctorKent
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#3 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 09:09 AM

I agree... I think Mattel's concentration is on the kids. Kids want a main character like He-man in every assortment so they can get one if they missed the first one (or wore it out), and even if they have the first one, they like having different versions of the main characters. We were the same way. There were 5 versions of He-man back in the day, a bunch of different Cobra Commanders, and multiple Optimus Primes.

I do think that the He-man remakes are a little too much like the original He-man, just with different accessories. At least the old He-man remakes were significantly different.

There are too many completists out there...

Exactly. What's the point of having a complete collection if you hate half of your collection?

-Nathan

#4 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 09:36 AM

If I do decide to buy any of these variants myself, and the figures are identical to the first release He-Man, Man At Arms, and Skeletor, I'll give them to my daughters friends. Hook em while they're young....MUH-HAH-HAH-HAH.
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
www.toyfinity.com

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 10:25 AM

There were 5 versions of He-man back in the day, a bunch of different Cobra Commanders, and multiple Optimus Primes.

True, but they didn't all come out in 6 months time.

#6 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 10:48 AM

There were 5 versions of He-man back in the day, a bunch of different Cobra Commanders, and multiple Optimus Primes.

If Batman ran for ten continuous years putting out the same exact figures in different colors, He-Man can go at least four.

STUPID FACTS THAT MADE ME HATE KENNER WAY BACK WHEN I THOUGHT I HAD TO BUY THEM ALL:
The Dark Knight Collection consisted of three Batmans and the Joker for the first wave. The second wave, if memory serves, was two more Batmans. The third wave was three deluxe...Batmans. The fourth wave was another two or three Batmans and a Joker.
Batman Returns - same crap
Batman Animated - Only two Batmans in the first assortment and a bunch of villians. Second wave they did most of the other villians. And the only figure I remember not being able to find was....

BATMAN!!!!
Even the stupid red one with the disk launcher was always sold out. I think I still have nightmares about that one...

I totally agree that I wish the assortments were anybody but He-Man, Skeletor, and (most likely to Peg Warm after three versions) Man At Arms - I am really looking forward to everyone they've shown so far and really want a Clawful, King Hiss, and Snake Face 2K. But some MOTu figures are better than none at all, eh?

DoctorKent
Keeper of the lines that had no chance for variations or repaints, etc (except Food Fighters for whatever reason. And it wasn't like they advertised it - I just found the repaints last year!)
http://doctorkent.tripod.com

Oh, and Stratos' power action sucks.
www.toyfinity.com

#7 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 23 August 2002 - 11:29 AM

Variants equal money and that is what they are looking at. Way to many people want each and every single figure.

I have been there though. I have all of the classic spider man figures that were released before the movie. I know that all of the spider man figures are the same mold just different paint jobs except the man spider.

Just glad that they stoped the set at 10 figures. 11 if you count the yellow dare devil variant.

When it is your favorite charcter, super hero or whatever you might want to get the figrues that are out there. Especially when they are good. I didnt buy any of the movie figures. You have to pick and choose, to many just pick.

They know that he-man is going to be big at least for a while, why not bumb rush people when the craze hits at the begining.

What I would like to see is a weapons pack for trap jaw. The figure comes with three and then in a wepons pack put in 6 or 7 more.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#8 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 11:44 AM

True dat, but many times the main characters were pretty much in constant supply. I don't remember Transformers or GI-Joe, but I do remember that older Star Wars figures were reshipped along with new characters. For example, Chewie wasn't just released once, then never again (which is how toys are released today)... it shipped in case assortments periodically. The same thing happened with the original He-man and Skeletor.

Hell, at least the new He-man figures are slightly different, instead of the same ol' figure...

-Nathan

#9 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 04:20 PM

Im just waiting to get my hands on a scuba diving He-man, prom night He-man and of course the superfluous nipple He-man who is exactly the same as a regular one apart from his aforementioned superfluous nipple.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#10 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 11:49 AM

In the next wave will be Power Elvis Skeletor!

-Nathan

Attached Files

#11 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 02:49 PM

hahaha. cool.

i want one.......

#12 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 09:58 PM

I'm still waiting for Blue Zord He-Man to come out! :wub:

:wub:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 09:59 PM

I'm still waiting for Blue Zord He-Man to come out!

He did, his name was Fakor!

#14 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 10:02 PM

I'm still waiting for Blue Zord He-Man to come out!

He did, his name was Fakor!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Damn funny! :wub:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com