• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 08:09 AM

I agree with Midgetron... Megos rocked! And I don't think they were all that cheesy. Sure, some of the superheroes were characturized (which they should be), but there were also figures of real actors like the Dukes of Hazzard and Chips that were actually pretty good likenesses. They did have a goofy smile, but then again, all dolls did back then for some reason. Truthfully, I kind of like the smiling dolls better... for example, I like the vintage 12" Han much better than the new one. It has more of a toy "personality".

-Nathan

#27 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 17 September 2002 - 12:35 PM

I agree with Midgetron... Megos rocked! And I don't think they were all that cheesy. Sure, some of the superheroes were characturized (which they should be), but there were also figures of real actors like the Dukes of Hazzard and Chips that were actually pretty good likenesses.

There's an article in the newest Tomarts that talks about this - that just because we have laser scanning technology doesn;t mean that the sculpts automatically get better. The Megos has some good points...some of their reuses were a little quirky. Any non-human sculpt was coming back eventually...Lizard/? some other character, anyone?

DoctorKent
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#28 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 03:35 PM

:p Your avatar is great DoctorKent! B)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard