• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

The very first ultra rare limited edition figures have been found for Mutant Mania.  Neither of these have been put on ebay -- yet.

Info on those two pulls can be found here:

http://www.littlerub...opic=223377&hl=

I can't help but wonder what collectors will be willing to pay for these.  I remember tracking the first Trash Pack LE's at $400+.

I decided to see what the current "girl's toy" by Moose is selling for in their Limited Editions. 

These are Shopkins Series 2.  These are current -- as in, found and sold this month.  I think that is important to realize because we are talking about right now -- a snapshot of our current economy. This may prove to be a better comparison than Trash Pack Series 1, circa 2012. 

These are tiny, 1-inch figures covered in glitter. There are 6 rare Shopkins in Series 2:

Angie Ankle Boot -- LE 5,000

Donna Donut -- LE 2,500

Lee Tea -- LE 1,000

Lenny Lime -- LE 500

Rub-A-Glove -- LE 250

Marsha Mellow -- LE 100

So, I had no idea they were doing limited editions all the way down to 100.  I was quite surprised by the prices these figures demanded.  At least one of each figure has been, not just listed -- but SOLD -- on eBay. 

I say it all the time.  Value is what someone -- anyone -- is willing to pay. 

Here are their selling prices. 

Angie Ankle Boot -- LE 5,000 = $300-$430 (at least 12 have been sold)

Donna Donut -- LE 2,500 = $370 - $675 (at least 6 have been sold)

Lee Tea -- LE 1,000 = $1,000 and $1,500 (two were sold to 'best offer' prices)

Lenny Lime -- LE 500 = $750 (one sold 'missing' its COA)

Rub-A-Glove -- LE 250 = $2,130 (one sold with organic bidding)

Marsha Mellow -- LE 100  = $2,650 (one sold with organic bidding)

I find this to be very interesting. 

The least-rare of the LE's sells for $300 each time.  The rarest has sold for a whopping $2,650! 

The two Mutant Mania figures that have been pulled are both LE 1000 -- if today's prices on Shopkins are any indicator at all -- these lucky finders might be able to get $1,000 each for their figures. 

By the way, I only looked at eBay USA.  I did not look at UK, Australia, or Canada markets specifically.

The distinction here is that only two Mutant Mania LE's have been found WORLDWIDE. 

This may be more incentive for anyone in Canada to get out there and find those Mutant Mania LE's! 

Or, maybe the real takeaway is to start searching those Shopkins packs!

Finally, here are pictures of all 6 of the rare Shopkins -- as represented by their eBay sellers.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 12 March 2015 - 04:07 PM.

#2 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:50 PM

Oh my shitting satan... those prices are IN-effING-SANE! And the figures em selves, look like shit... wow cant imagine having one of those and liking it for too long

#3 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

I don't think MM would sell for anywhere near these ludicrous Shopkins prices. Totally different fan ba$e and Shopkins just won the Girls Toy of the Year award. The popularity of Shopkins vs Mutant Mania is like night and day.

#4 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

Oh my shitting satan... those prices are IN-effING-SANE! And the figures em selves, look like shit... wow cant imagine having one of those and liking it for too long

Haha...I can't imagine anyone even wanting shopkins. Look like balls of crap with glitter and those plastic eyeballs you paste on cotton to make a snowman in kindergarten.

I don't think MM would sell for anywhere near these ludicrous Shopkins prices. Totally different fan ba$e and Shopkins just won the Girls Toy of the Year award. The popularity of Shopkins vs Mutant Mania is like night and day.

Who makes up Shopkins fan base? 7 year old girls? I'd like to know which little rich girls dad bought those terrible rares.....haha. Shopkins is like a main stream product which will die out. Never heard of a 15 year old girl caring about their Shopkins they used to have. Mutant mania will grow into a cult following like muscle, etc. I bet (pretty much garauntee) mutant mania will be sold 20 years from now and Shopkins will be like cuties. Haha

#5 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

Rotters, your a madman. Awesome you break down the codes, etc. Cool of you.

#6 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

You are probably right.  Why do you think this is the case?  Why are Shopkins so popular and/or so much more popular than Mutant Mania or Trash Pack?

I have a marketing degree and I think about this kind or stuff constantly. 

The 2015 Boys Toy of the Year was the Zoomer Dino by Spin Master (a $100 toy).

The 2015 Girls Toy of the Year was technically a Shopkins playset -- but I agree that it is fair to say that Shopkins in general take the award.  

http://www.toyassoci...px#.VQTK--GKXIU

Is it the case that, typically, a young boy would rather have one big $100 toy and a young girl would rather have one hundred $1 toys? 

What do you guys think?

Edited by steverotters, 14 March 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#7 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

LMAO! Same here bud but different strokes for different folks.

#8 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

@rotters

I think the toy of the year award is nothing but an end of the year sales graph. Whoever sold the most gets the award. Doesn't mean the kids like the toys the parents bought. Am I right?

#9 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

WOW Congratulations on the sale!

Attached Files

#10 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

eff. Its not cool when this mooses rare stuff goes so goddamn high... Its just a inch tall fig for crying-outloud.. and theyre still in stores, you could have gotten hundred packs of mutant mania for that amount and might have gotten two astro mutants. And now that it sold no one will exept any less from their astro mutant or other exclusive :down:

effing moose, these kind of figs drive collectors(...and apparently buyers) insane. It brings up the value of the line trhough the roof amd they just sell more and more... and finally when the first un-effin-expectedly high sales start to drop to A NORMAL level of profit, Moose kills the line thinking consumers wont care.

Huh, i havent been **** *** ****** ***** **** ***** like this for a long while but thats overvalued as hell and i cannot believe it sold.

Edit: If the seller was from here, my intention wasnt to bash you for the sale. This is my general oppinion on stuff goin that high and mooses general actions.
Good luck for the seller really as they say, he who asks isnt crazy he who buys might be ;)

Edited by Jesse, 29 March 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#11 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

Not sure why it was reported on this thread, but yes, that is the first of two known Astro Mutants.  #114 was found by UltraSquid. 

Congrats again UltraSquid!  Not just on the pull, but this time on the sale!

No rants from me -- value is simply what someone is willing to pay -- I am very happy that he was able to sell it for that price.  I was actually hoping he could pull in a little more.  But after only two listings, $750 seems quite nice. 

Hopefully that $750.00 will inspire some more Canadians to go out looking.  It's a $750 lottery that is more-or-less cornered, that is, if there are any left on the shelves.  All the details are here: 

http://www.littlerub...opic=223377&hl=

Edited by steverotters, 29 March 2015 - 08:03 PM.

#12 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

$750 for a figure that lame and that is currently still in retail proves some collectors have more money than sense.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shopkins, moose, trash pack, mutant mania

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com