• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

Well, this was amusing.  So, I collect a lot of toys based on mythology.  My favorite line, Demon's Chronicle, includes things like Goetic demons, Biblical angels, Zodiac creatures, and two waves' worth of Egyptian gods.  I had picked up Set a while back - you know, Set/Seth/Sethan, the evil aardvark/wolf/whatsit god who murdered Osiris and had a longstanding feud with Horus - but something about the figure bothered me.  These toys come disasembled (and blind-packed, originally), and the previous owner of mine had glued his.  He had just done it poorly, but I couldn't put a finger on how it had happened.

Here is the official production photo:
seth-productionphoto.jpg

And here is my figure:
SetFix01.jpg

Yeah, so he's hunched over.  This is odd.  The previous owner must have glued him sloppily, and not noticed how the pegs weren't lining up.  Notw the significant neck gap.
SetFix02.jpg

It's especially obvious from the back, where you can also see gaps in the arms, and... hey, waiiiiiit a second.  Somethin' wrong here...
SetFix03.jpg

Woah.  His torso is on backwards.  The previous owner glued Set's torso on backwards.  See?
SetFix04.jpg

So, I disassembled him.  It took some work, but I was able to crack the glue with minimal tearing. I left two spots that were painted - his foot and the piee of Horus, and his tail - but managed to free the rest.  I had to sacrifice a foot peg to get him off his base, but that's necessary if I want to take photos of this guy and not have to cover a big blue block.  The neck peg got a little torn up and had some glue residue, so I had to trim it after the fact, too.  The crazy thing is, all those pegs are Asymmetrical.  I can't imagine how much determination it took this previous owner to force every single joint in a way that did not fit and looked bad.
SetFix05.jpg

And now, reassembled!  I will not be gluing him again, Set stays together just fine as-is.
SetFix06.jpg

Edited by Ridureyu, 24 March 2015 - 05:19 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:44 AM

Haha, I can see the guy who assembled him first being super proud of his handiwork, hahaha

"NAILED IT."

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

This was very obviously done in that manner. Given the shape of the pegs, there is no way it could be accidental.

The "custom" pose makes it look like Set is staring down at his victim after whuppin' their ass.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com