28 replies to this topic

#1 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Since I've had a bunch of time off for the holidays, I decided to give myself a project to keep busy. What I've been doing is trying to record the Japanese kana on the Beast Saga cards and maybe translate them a little. I know absolutely 0 Japanese, but I've found some good web resources for Kanji radical recognition, and using google translate (which is shit, I know, but it gives at least an idea right?) I've gone through and finished all of the cards I have, which you can see here:
http://pastebin.com/u/Louk

They're simple text, if someone wants to double check the kanji or kanas be my guest, hell it should make it a bit easier for someone who actually understands Japanese to translate. Also apparently there is a 20 post limit on pastebin for free users, the rest are gonna be uploaded tomorrow.

Except Lepermint, the Black Leopard from the deluxe set whose card I did not recieve. And I really can't use the images online, the resolution is just too low, it's impossible to tell what some of these symbols are.

So, what I need is someone to scan the Lepermint card (the back of it) with as much resolution as possible, or someone, preferably in the US, to simply mail me the card. I won't keep it if that is an issue, it shouldn't cost more then a stamp and envolope, and once I'm done (it takes me about an hour to do a single card) I can send it right back.

Anyway, if someone is up to it, PM me, or just post a big image of the card. Thanks

#2 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Nevermind. Thanks to Adam's 16bit gallery I was able to finish up Lepermint and get that posted. Now I'm just waiting for the new set to come in.

#3 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

I was reading over your translations and found 2 interesting things. The names of two of the characters on the back of the cards are different than what they were previously reported. The critter on the back of the Giraffe looks like a mole, but was thought to be the armadillo. Yet his name is different than the armadillo's. The same goes for the critter on the back of Falcan's card. Looks like a flying fish, though was earlier reported to simply being Bamet. This guy's quote also seems to suggest a flying fish.

#4 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks. I think there is a bunch of interesting stuff to be found even with rough translations.

For example, Owlmyty is actually a research scientist, not a priest, so his book is some sort of science text not a bible or something.

Moreek used to be the Internal Affairs minister for the Gloria Kingdom, and apparently acts two-faced (judging from his profile) and Lepermint, who was also an assistant Nurse used to work for Moreek as well.

Also, there is some interesting things going on with the Sea Tribe, which you can see looking at their titles. Rather than being one coherent kingdom it seems to be multiple palaces or fiefdoms all under different banners. Dan Desuhato is made up of Killer Shark, Sealence, Pirazon and Bill Sword (and I assume the Manta Ray perhaps?). Aldyle is the Cataphract Palace Tyrant Lord (and I believe going by the anime commercial, the Frog will be a part of this too). Don Whale leads the Nankai Principality with Olrich and Dolfan. And Tarlock is the Battleship leader of the Dragon Palace.

#5 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

This is a really cool project and I'm liking what's coming out of it. There are some interesting story details, especially with what you posted about the sea tribe. After reading this I'm really hoping that the anime somehow makes its way out of Japan, with subtitles of course! Thanks for putting in the work to get this done, its appreciated.

#6 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

So, I wanted to start a second pass at editing these, using a japanese dictionary (an online dictonary/thesaurus, heh) I'm going back through these and trying to clean up some of the "googlisms" that happen during translation. I'm just starting but here is an example of what I'm doing, from Liorga:

Quote: 「民ã￾®ç‚ºã￾«é—˜ã￾„ã€￾æ°‘ã￾¨å…±ã￾«å›½ã‚’作るï¼￾ã€￾
"Fighting for the people, with the people making the country!"
--> "I fight for my people, who built this country!"

Profile:
政治的ã￾ªé§†ã￾‘引ã￾￾ã￾¯è‹¦æ‰‹ã€￾å·±ã￾®è¡Œå‹•ã￾Œæ°‘衆を動ã￾‹ã￾™ã￾¨ä¿¡ã￾˜ã￾¦ã￾„る豪放磊è￾½ã￾ªçŽ‹ã€‚「鉄拳ç￾°çŒ›ã€￾ã￾®ç•°å￾￾ã‚’æŒ￾ã￾¤ã€‚ã￾¨ã￾‚ã‚‹ç￾†ç”±ã￾§è‡ªã‚‰ã￾®ç‰™ã￾¨ãƒ„メをå°￾å￾°ã￾—ã￾¦ã￾„る。
Broadminded king believe that political maneuvering is weak, and move the people of his own behavior. With the nickname of "ferocious Tekken". Is sealed in its own fangs and claws some reason.
-->While he may be poor at political maneuvering, this open minded king moves the people through his actions. He was given the nickname "Ferocious Iron Fist". His motives are sealed in his own fangs and claws.

I'm trying to clean it up with out chaning the meaning (here it does change because 苦手 means 1: poor (at); weak (in); not very good (at); or 2: dislike (of) and the way the sentance looks it's setup as "political maneuvering is weak (at), blah blah blah" so I went with what I wrote there because I believe it's the intended meaning (He isn't a schemer, or politically savvy, but he's an upstanding leader for his people through his actions)
And also, I'm cleaning up some mistranscriptionss (Liorga's dislikes are just Rotten Things)

#7 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

I added the Eastern Army set and Bunikis to my list up there, so, if someone has gotten Kannigal from Japan, again I'd appreciate large photos of the front and back, but hopefully I'll get my kangaroo with the later January order.

#8 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm loving how the pig's name is "Delicious Hog".

#9 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Loving this thread! Kudos to anyone attempting to decode the Japanese; I love this backstory stuff!

And regarding the anime, eventually no doubt it'll show up via torrent with fan-subs, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an officially English subtitled release on DVD unless the figure series are released in the US or Europe.

#10 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Loving this thread! Kudos to anyone attempting to decode the Japanese; I love this backstory stuff!

And regarding the anime, eventually no doubt it'll show up via torrent with fan-subs, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an officially English subtitled release on DVD unless the figure series are released in the US or Europe.

I kinda want to put together some sort of wiki for this stuff, with the figures, magna and anime, and while it may be easy to sort of figure out just by watching (Liorga shows up at Cataphract Palace and is attacked by Aldyle) it's harder to figure out why stuff is happening without translation (why did Liorga go there in the first place, etc). I think it is probably too much to do, so I'm just sticking with the cards.

#11 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

That is some amazing work there! The backstory re interesting, but more importantly is the translation of the card abilities! Good job! We might get a complete game out of this yet :D

Where is this gallery you're talking about?

#12 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

So, I got in the January releases and Kannigal today, I'm all caught up. my pastebin is all updated Translations

#13 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

So, I got in the January releases and Kannigal today, I'm all caught up. my pastebin is all updated Translations

Where'd you get the Kangaroo from? Retailer wise?

#14 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Where'd you get the Kangaroo from? Retailer wise?

toyko-hobby on ebay. As a retailer based in Japan, He has really good prices ($6.80 + Shipping for the individual figures). I may actually just switch to buying from him from now on.

#15 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Oruga is Liorga's SON?! Woh o.o I wonder if they'll keep that for the anime, it's not everyday a children anime stars a single father o.o

#16 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Oruga is Liorga's SON?! Woh o.o I wonder if they'll keep that for the anime, it's not everyday a children anime stars a single father o.o

What, you didn't know that? The matching armor didn't logically tell you that was the case? ;)

#17 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

What, you didn't know that? The matching armor didn't logically tell you that was the case? ;)

I knew they were related but I didn't expect it to be like that!

#18 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Before I saw the Anime and started translating the card, I honestly though Oga was going to be his Wife, but then he didn't have boobs like Lepermint, so I figured Son was the other obvious choice.

#19 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

I too thought it was his wife at first. Without the mane, I thought it was a female lion, since that seemed more plausible for them to do instead of different ages of lions. Then, when I found out it wasn't his wife, or a female, I don't know why, but I thought it was his younger brother. I never caught on that it was his son. Crazy. That's an interesting element to the story.

#20 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

I wonder if Lioga has an evil brother :p we could have the Lion King with magic chest symbol and swords!

#21 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

I wonder if Lioga has an evil brother :p we could have the Lion King with magic chest symbol and swords!

Be pre-paaaaaaared!

#22 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

toyko-hobby on ebay. As a retailer based in Japan, He has really good prices ($6.80 + Shipping for the individual figures). I may actually just switch to buying from him from now on.

Not to completely de-rail the thread, but I literally just ordered three figs from this guy. His prices are excellent.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#23 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Not to completely de-rail the thread, but I literally just ordered three figs from this guy. His prices are excellent.

i just bought the kangaroo from him. it gets a little expensive ordering more figures thought with the 6.80 shipping + 3.40 for each addition figure so ill just wait
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#24 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

i just bought the kangaroo from him. it gets a little expensive ordering more figures thought with the 6.80 shipping + 3.40 for each addition figure so ill just wait

Yeah, I was holding off on purchasing from him until I found out how much combined shipping was. That pricing certainly isn't good.

#25 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Yeah, I was holding off on purchasing from him until I found out how much combined shipping was. That pricing certainly isn't good.

It's good for me here in Canada, especially since the USPS increased their rates to Canada. Most stuff of BS size costs around tenish bucks to mail. So I bought 3 figs off'a this guy in Japan for $34 total. Probably not good for you guys, as you have other US sources, but it's definitely good for me.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com