#26 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:04 AM

Across the net people are tearing Armada apart...but I have to make a sad confession. I found some of the RID toys to be too articulated/complicated. The Car Brothers...I almost smashed the blue one to bits. His kibble shields and arms wouldn't fold together. I had to go through the instructions three or four times to get it right. I've only bought the Street Action Team from Armada, and I think it's decent. They are more cartoony and bright colored, but as a previous poster had noted, so were Kup, Blurr, Springer - basically any figure made after they exhausted the original Microman and Diaclone molds.

DoctorKent
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#27 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 10:31 AM

You're right... the RiD Transformers were very complicated to transform. The robots were awesome, and the vehicles were just about perfect, but transforming them took about 10 minutes each time. And transforming the train set into the big robot was just about impossible...

They are more cartoony and bright colored, but as a previous poster had noted, so were Kup, Blurr, Springer - basically any figure made after they exhausted the original Microman and Diaclone molds.

Actually, I hated those guys too, so comparing Armada to them only deepens my hatred for the line. B)

-Nathan

#28 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 11:33 AM

The Japanese PVC's come in pieces which you have to snap into place, but the US ones come pre-assembled, you can still take them apart they're exactly the same as the Japanese ones, except they used the heads from the clear figures and painted everything except the eyes so you get the cool "light piping effect" when lights shine through the eyes of the figure. They are plenty poseable, you can move the head, arms, legs and other accessories, each piece is separate, anwhere from 6-10 points of articulation. This will give you a good idea of how they are put together...

http://www.tformers....d=491&mode=flat

On a side note, I NOW HAVE RODIMUS MAJOR IN MY POSSESSION! WOOOOO

Just got back from TRU and they had 5 of em, 19.99 each. No Heroes of Cybertron though... sigh

Those remind me of typical Gashapon/Yujin capsule figures. I have the whole set of Guilty Gear capsule figs.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 12:07 PM

They are more cartoony and bright colored, but as a previous poster had noted, so were Kup, Blurr, Springer - basically any figure made after they exhausted the original Microman and Diaclone molds.

Actually, I hated those guys too, so comparing Armada to them only deepens my hatred for the line. B)

-Nathan

The only figures I felt compelled to keep in my collection were Shockwave and the Action Masters personally, so that should tell you where my allegiances lie. I also have some of the original MicroChange - best TF ever was Soundwave, hands down. The problem with TF's and Gi Joes after nine or ten years was that they still released ten to twenty new characters a year, and after that amount of time there's bound to be some overlap. In the new TF series, they fill the character types out each time (Hot Rod/Cheetor/probably Hot Shot in Armada). How many series of realistic looking cars could they have made? Then we would have ten different uses of the Sideswipe mold, and would that be better than one Wreck-Gar? B)

DoctorKent
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
www.toyfinity.com

#30 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 12:50 PM

How many series of realistic looking cars could they have made? Then we would have ten different uses of the Sideswipe mold, and would that be better than one Wreck-Gar?

I would have to say YES! :D I'm sure there are plenty other cars they could have made realistically. But maybe Hasbro(they made tfs, right?) felt like it had exhausted kids' interests with realistic vehicles, and it needed to move the line in another direction to keep kids interested. I just wasn't too happy with the direction they chose. B)

But anyway, they're doing the same thing now with Armada, but they haven't even come close to exploring today's realistic vehicles. I'm just very disappointed... B)

-Nathan

#31 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 02:18 PM

Here's what hasbro had to say about the "Unrealistic" vehicle modes.
http://www.transfand...s/40/hasbro.htm

- Alt Modes... they didn't use any "REAL" vehicles, because with the new feature based toys, it is too difficult to alter the toy to have the features AND keep the realistic vehicular mode. However, they said they will look into it in the future.

#32 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 10:58 AM

Here's what hasbro had to say about the "Unrealistic" vehicles:

- Alt Modes... they didn't use any "REAL" vehicles, because with the new feature based toys, it is too difficult to alter the toy to have the features AND keep the realistic vehicular mode. However, they said they will look into it in the future.

A post in the Transformers Newsgroup said that if they use real car designs they have to pay royalties on some of the cars. Can't find the info at this moment...ah, brought up about the reissue Jazz. Hence they must make small changes to some of them. So this would be in addition to the quoted material.

DoctorKent
www.toyfinity.com

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com