ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:37 AM

For obvious reasons they don't fit exactly in with the Cromy MIMPs (which the same seller also has), but they're listed as Argentine MIMPs and I'm not familiar with these at all. All of them have translucent appendages coming out of their backs, and some actually look pretty sweet.

Anyone? (Behemoth I'm looking at you)

$_57.JPG

I'd love to own this purple alien dude but with shipping the price is a bit much.
$_57.JPG

Edited by bachamn, 27 March 2015 - 07:39 AM.

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

I have no idea what they are, but I am pretty sure they have nothing to do with MIMP. They look nothing like Cromy or the other Argentina MIMP I have seen. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:80s/90s Plastic fantasy and sci fi figuers in toy soldier scale.
    ARCO, Agglo, DFC, Fleetwood, Gordy, HG Toys, Helm Toy, Hing Fat, Ja Ru, Kids Goods, Toys N' Things, Toyco, etc.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

I picked up a set from a guy in Argentina who said they were cereal premiums.  I have a post for the ones I picked up:

http://fantasytoysol...l-premiums.html

Edited by irbaboon, 27 March 2015 - 08:28 AM.

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

Thanks irbaboon. the spider one you have is very cool. seems they're still unidentified then, but yeah I was banking on them not being associated with MIMP at all. 

#5 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
    ARCO, Agglo, DFC, Fleetwood, Gordy, HG Toys, Helm Toy, Hing Fat, Ja Ru, Kids Goods, Toys N' Things, Toyco, etc.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

Ya, I have no idea what they are called or who made them.  The set I got on ebay was not too expensive.  They are likely to show up again.  

#6 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

What did you find them listed under?

#7 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

MIMPs.  O' the irony.  

#8 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

I like these. You can never lose with extra appendages.

#9 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

Nice range of colours available. I wonder if theyre rubbery?

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#10 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:34 AM

Nope, solid plastic.

#11 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

Noooo. Respect just left the building.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#12 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

I own a bunch of these from the same seller. I have bought single lots from him many times. The last time I won 9 of these figures in separate lots. He refused to combine shipping and tried to squeeze $85.00 out of me for shipping. I argued him down to a better price but he wont deal with me anymore and has blocked communication even though I was decent but firm the whole time. It is really a shame because they are great figures and I would love to have more. I just wont be ripped off on shipping. As It was I had to pay 35 bucks for shipping for the 9 figures when I had a lot of 30 cromy mimp from him in the mail for 25.00 already! How does that work? A heavier package for less money! His stuff is always excellent quality but he tries to make extra cash on the shipping charges by refusing to combine but sending everything in the same box. Be warned that he will fight you tooth and nail over shipping costs if you buy a bunch of these.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#13 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

I own a bunch of these from the same seller. I have bought single lots from him many times. The last time I won 9 of these figures in separate lots. He refused to combine shipping and tried to squeeze $85.00 out of me for shipping. I argued him down to a better price but he wont deal with me anymore and has blocked communication even though I was decent but firm the whole time. It is really a shame because they are great figures and I would love to have more. I just wont be ripped off on shipping. As It was I had to pay 35 bucks for shipping for the 9 figures when I had a lot of 30 cromy mimp from him in the mail for 25.00 already! How does that work? A heavier package for less money! His stuff is always excellent quality but he tries to make extra cash on the shipping charges by refusing to combine but sending everything in the same box. Be warned that he will fight you tooth and nail over shipping costs if you buy a bunch of these.

He could ship you a trunk full of MIMP for that price. I remember your battle with him last time, makes me want to avoid him in the future. 

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#14 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:03 PM

He could ship you a trunk full of MIMP for that price. I remember your battle with him last time, makes me want to avoid him in the future. 

Yeah it's pretty disappointing really. I want more; but he doesn't deserve the business. Hopefully somebody more honest starts posting them.

The crazy thing is that if I was feeling vindictive; I could have nailed him with 11 negatives for how he acted. I was decent about it and gave him positive anyway because he finally lowered the shipping price to almost true cost and the figures were in excellent shape. Guess that's what I get for being decent.

Edited by PaulEWog116, 11 July 2015 - 08:10 PM.

#15 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:53 AM

I hate that mentality. I recently bought some JP items, three domestic auctions, and sellers idea of combined shipping was to knock $1 off each items full shipping. Total weight was 10oz and he wanted me to pay $11 shipping. :rolleyes:

#16 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:45 AM

Typically this just means that the seller is trying to minimize their ebay fees.

Ebay does not take their 10% cut out of whatever the seller designates as shipping. 

A seller will designate a larger portion of their perceived overall value of the item into the shipping allotment.

A $10 item with free shipping and a $1 item with $9 shipping both seem the same to the buyer. 

But to the seller the former equals a $1 fee, whereas the latter equals a 10 cent fee. 

I've learned to never expect combined shipping discounts for this very reason. 

(Unless the seller specifically says in their listings that they will do so -- as a selling point.)

I know it is frustrating, but the seller is just trying to minimize the pain inflicted by what I have seen called here both Feebay and Evilbay.

Just something to keep in mind.  :)

Edited by steverotters, 12 July 2015 - 10:07 AM.

#17 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:52 AM

As a person who has sold items as recently as last week on eBay, this is incorrect. eBay became wise to the inflated shipping cost trick years ago and takes the same cut from the shipping as they do the final item cost, 10%, with a lower percentage if your performance is exemplary enough. A $10 item with free shipping and a $1 with $9 shipping would cost me the same fee.

Edited by BaltanII, 12 July 2015 - 09:53 AM.

#18 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:05 AM

As a person who has sold items as recently as last week on eBay, this is incorrect. eBay became wise to the inflated shipping cost trick years ago and takes the same cut from the shipping as they do the final item cost, 10%, with a lower percentage if your performance is exemplary enough. A $10 item with free shipping and a $1 with $9 shipping would cost me the same fee.

This is not not always the case.  Maybe they shift to different metrics when fee-avoidance is detected?  (Like the $1 item with $9 shipping, as an example.)  I guess I should shut up before my account is examined.  :(

#19 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:25 PM

If you have sold something and look at your paypal account they charge a "final value fee" and a "final value fee on shipping." Both are around 10% depending if you a have store (or not) and what category you are selling in. In any case both fees are the same percent for any one item sold. At least this has been my experience.

Those figures are awesome. Shitty that some sellers essentially penalize customers who do more business with them. It is not MORE work to send multiple items to one person. In fact I would say it is a lot less than selling those same items to multiple people. I feel this is a common misconception that sellers have for themselves. "Add $1 for each additional item." Why? If it is the same shipping cost, its the same damn shipping cost! The only way this makes sense is if the seller is anticipating making money off the shipping costs in the first place. Which is just as ridiculous and they should factor this "gain" in their actual listing/selling price. Bugs the heck out of me when sellers try and charge $5+ for an item that is less than an ounce. And then sometimes it shows up in a regular envelope with a stamp. Wtf!? Oh the ebay rants

Edited by Screamer, 12 July 2015 - 12:37 PM.

#20 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:53 PM

I typically never quibble about shipping costs. I always add my bid/BIN+ shipping and then divide by the number of figures and if it is a reasonable price then it is fine by me and I just let it go. The problem I have is when you buy so many items that the shipping cost inflates to an unreasonable fee. In this case $85 for 9 mini figures is outrageous; especially when the cost of shipping was on the shipping label when I received the item and based on the exchange rate was only about $20 USD. Eventually, you get to a point where the cost grows to an unreasonable amount. What if I had bought 100 figures from the guy? That would be $1000 in shipping at $10 per figure. Obviously nobody would pay that.

The other problem I have is when a seller (him) says that combining shipping is the sellers prerogative. That is true; but only if said seller packages each item in a separate box and then sends them each individually. It is not the sellers right to rake in extra cash, toss everything in one box and then ship it out all together in a single package. That is the combined shipping distinction that people seem to miss. If they choose not to combine (which is their right) then they are expected by ebay to send each items separately. 

EDIT: It is pretty foolish of him really. If you look at his recent feedback you can see that I am by far his biggest supporter. I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of figures from this guy. Sad.

Edited by PaulEWog116, 12 July 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#21 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

I typically never quibble about shipping costs. I always add my bid/BIN+ shipping and then divide by the number of figures and if it is a reasonable price then it is fine by me and I just let it go. The problem I have is when you buy so many items that the shipping cost inflates to an unreasonable fee. In this case $85 for 9 mini figures is outrageous; especially when the cost of shipping was on the shipping label when I received the item and based on the exchange rate was only about $20 USD. Eventually, you get to a point where the cost grows to an unreasonable amount. What if I had bought 100 figures from the guy? That would be $1000 in shipping at $10 per figure. Obviously nobody would pay that.

The other problem I have is when a seller (him) says that combining shipping is the sellers prerogative. That is true; but only if said seller packages each item in a separate box and then sends them each individually. It is not the sellers right to rake in extra cash, toss everything in one box and then ship it out all together in a single package. That is the combined shipping distinction that people seem to miss. If they choose not to combine (which is their right) then they are expected by ebay to send each items separately. 

EDIT: It is pretty foolish of him really. If you look at his recent feedback you can see that I am by far his biggest supporter. I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of figures from this guy. Sad.

It is both foolish and immoral to gouge someone that much on shipping. It is against Ebay policy as well, though I am not sure how hard it is to enforce. I usually don't say anything about the cost either, but I would if someone tried that with me. 

#22 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:29 AM

yeah for sure eBay charges a final shipping cost fee 100% of the time. And fwiw on the auctions I was talking about seller specifically said "request an invoice for multiple purchases so I can combine and save you big on shipping".

Of course he also had "Make Offer" turned on for these BiN auctions and rejected every offer I sent beforehand to try and get a discount for multiple purchases, never sent any counter-offers. The last one I sent almost as a joke to see what he would do; $.50 under the BiN price and he still declined. Guess he's just a greedy bugger ;)

Edited by bachamn, 13 July 2015 - 07:29 AM.

#23 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

I bought some Argentinian Gogos from that guy a few years ago.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MIMP, Argentina, Cromy

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com