Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Added the infamous Benkiman!

#27 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Reading, Boobs, Video Games, M.U.S.C.L.E men... Just a lot of geekery in general.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

Bagface, that's really cool! Your wallet might not thank me, but you'll get to enjoy some great toys. :-) That's a great start to the collection - which version of Kinnikuman did you get? Specialman is amazingly silly and awesome. I've seen him on Yahoo! Japan Auctions through Jauce.com recently.

I have a really articulated one in the yellow wrestling undies. I think that's first gen one? I know also have snigator and waiting for your doc nakano :) thanks for the second chance offer by the wat

#28 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

I have a really articulated one in the yellow wrestling undies. I think that's first gen one? I know also have snigator and waiting for your doc nakano :) thanks for the second chance offer by the wat

That's a great version of Kinnikuman; but I can't read Japanese, so I'm not really sure what he's labeled as on the box. I've seen him referred to as both First Generation and DX. I'm glad I got in that second Nakano-San last minute and could offer him to you. I mailed him out today.

#29 Stinger Wolf

Stinger Wolf

Kinnikuman

• Legends
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:OMega キン肉マン fan/collector since 1983...

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

That's a great version of Kinnikuman; but I can't read Japanese, so I'm not really sure what he's labeled as on the box. I've seen him referred to as both First Generation and DX. I'm glad I got in that second Nakano-San last minute and could offer him to you. I mailed him out today.

The 'really articulated' one is called "Kinniku Suguru Kiseki no Fighter ver."
http://s297.photobuc...uguru3types.jpg

#30 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

The 'really articulated' one is called "Kinniku Suguru Kiseki no Fighter ver."
http://s297.photobuc...uguru3types.jpg

That's a mouthfull! LOL But thanks for letting me know!

#31 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Wait is that the one I won or another one?

#32 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Wait is that the one I won or another one?

No worries, yours is still here. I ended up getting a second one, which I sold separately.

Edited by DetectiveFork, 09 December 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#33 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Reading, Boobs, Video Games, M.U.S.C.L.E men... Just a lot of geekery in general.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

Oh nice! Didn't realize they both went to board members. I should have been more specific and said thanks for the other Doc figure. Sorry if it freaked you out 89cpe.

#34 ALLSPORTDVD

ALLSPORTDVD

Ameragu Chojin No Bosu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Anything Kinnikuman!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

This is a very cool webpage!
I know I'm late on this conversation, Ryan has just put me on to Yahoo Japan and so my Romando collection has just doubled! LOL
Not sure why you're all raving about the Tileman, that Sunshine Arch is awesome!
Check out my collection pics - https://www.flickr.c...107790593@N02/?

#35 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

Just wanted everyone to know that, while I'm taking a break for awhile, I'll eventually be back with more photos of my collection. I tend to do these things in streaks.

#36 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:57 AM

Awesome site my brother.. You've inspired me to track down some of the more obscure/unusual Romando figures.

If you don't mind, please keep your eyes open for me and throw any leads to good deals on some of the weirder figures if you come across any up for grabs.. (Parthenon, Sunshine, Tileman, Iwao, Mysterious Partner, BenkiMan, etc..)

Thanks for all the work you put into the site and all the extensive descriptions.

MF

#37 xStarlightEX

xStarlightEX

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:54 AM

Looks amazing and great collection too.

I'm very late in collecting Kinnikuman figure so I will stick only at the figuarts line, however years back I got the Prisman figure so I will try to at least have the entire Super Phoenix team in Romando figure.

#38 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:40 AM

I updated this page for the first time in a few years! Of course, the Romando figures seem a little less unique now that SHFiguarts has started off strongly on their own Kinnikuman toyline. Of course, Romando will always be special in their own unique way. :-)

For those of you looking for Romando figures, the best source I know of is using Jauce.com (if you're based outside of Japan) to scour and bid on Yahoo! Auctions. It can get a little pricey with shipping and fees, but you can find some figures, and for decent prices, that you rarely see on eBay. Of course, there are some figures that remain incredibly expensive, like Planetman.

The SHFiguarts figures look great, but I'm not anxious to dive into another Kinnikuman toyline when I have so much love for Romando. I would certainly be interested in some of the characters that Romando never made (like Nemesis) or made somewhat disappointing figures for (Mixer Taite, Terryman).

Edited by DetectiveFork, 12 October 2016 - 05:50 AM.

#39 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Romando's Kinnikuman line

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:46 AM

I updated this page for the first time in a few years! Of course, the Romando figures seem a little less unique now that SHFiguarts has started off strongly on their own Kinnikuman toyline. Of course, Romando will always be special in their own unique way. :-)

For those of you looking for Romando figures, the best source I know of is using Jauce.com (if you're based outside of Japan) to scour and bid on Yahoo! Auctions. It can get a little pricey with shipping and fees, but you can find some figures, and for decent prices, that you rarely see on eBay. Of course, there are some figures that remain incredibly expensive, like Planetman.

The SHFiguarts figures look great, but I'm not anxious to dive into another Kinnikuman toyline when I have so much love for Romando. I would certainly be interested in some of the characters that Romando never made (like Nemesis) or made somewhat disappointing figures for (Mixer Taite, Terryman).

Just wanted to say I absolutely love your Romando page - Romando's Kinnikuman line was a toyline I was always curious about, even before I became a big Kinnikuman fan. Stumbling across your page last year cemented me finally deciding to track down some of the figures, and now I am completely addicted to the line - even with its flaws its one of the coolest, most comprehensive toylines ever produced of an anime/manga - and I have a pretty respectable Romando collection (I've managed to snag some more rare figures like Satan Cross and King the 100 Ton for decent-ish prices) at this point. It's mostly thanks to your page for really pushing me to start tracking them down.

Edited by unclevatred, 10 January 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#40 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:41 AM

Cool collection!
I just started started to collect the romando as well, but I haven't gotten very far all I have is Mantaro because he is my favorite character in the series. I still have him in the package, but I'm still deciding if I should open him or not.

#41 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Romando's Kinnikuman line

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:47 AM

Cool collection!
I just started started to collect the romando as well, but I haven't gotten very far all I have is Mantaro because he is my favorite character in the series. I still have him in the package, but I'm still deciding if I should open him or not.

Is he not one of the ones with the resealable card? Many Romando have blister packs where the card can be slid in and out without actually damaging it at all, so the figure can easily be displayed on the card or the shelf

They were totally inconsistent with this of course, typical Romando, so not all of the figures' packaging feature this. But yeah you may be able to open him without actually damaging the card at all. 

#42 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for the information!
I think he does have the resealable card, so I think I'm going to open him.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com