• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Showcase #60: Kinkeshi Acrylic Display

I arrived from work thinking my deliveries or mail had arrived already...but in Germany we have the regular German Post Office, DHL & DHL Express.

All 3 have different delivery times!

Tonight I arrived after 7:00pm from teaching and I had another package from Japan waiting for me via DHL Express (since I had the package shipped via EMS).

For the 60th showcase I wanted to showcase an acrylic display that has some connection/history to Kinnikuman. At least to me since I started collecting Kinkeshi in 2015/2016.

Many members have been helpful in directing me to Japanese sites for checklists and also by researching using the old Google machine, I have discovered some awesome things online.

I am especially fond of Kinkeshi collection pictures, I dont have an instagram account but luckily I can lurk and look at better collections than mine (Nama Nikus for example!).

I also like to see how people display collections.

One of the main Japanese websites for Kinnikuman Kinkeshi information is this one: http://www.din.or.jp...emia/index.html

What is this dudes name? He is no longer active or updates the site, eventually this is going away sadly...

While searching the site I bumped into this: http://www.din.or.jp...a/kin_case.html

It blew my freaking mind!

Translation using Google:

"I ordered an acrylic case with an extinguishing flap.

I felt like I was going to make permanent preservation of the collection of skins, I faxed my drawing to the acrylic trader with a light feeling, I tried to estimate, but the cost is 25,000 yen per person! But I asked for two (explosion). Acrylic work is expensive .... However, as it is high, transparency is also preeminent, it is exhilarating to have it decorated in the room (laugh).

Acrylic case with 10 × 10 partitions.
In this case one hundred kinks can be stored (exhibited?).
According to the size of the kin eraser, the width and height are about 5 cm, the depth is 2.5 cm, with a removable lid on the front."

Naturally I wanted one for myself but didn't really know a starting point...until I did my usual weekly yahoojapan searches (sometimes daily).

I found a listing by pure happenstance in the beginning of January (the listing was not really labeled Kinkeshi or Kinnikuman) and I almost wonder if it came from the dude that created that website?

I would love to imagine this is true; purely for the Kinkeshi "Brother-In-Arms" connection :)

It looks exactly the same and it has the flap as well.

I won the auction for 1,100 yen (circa 8.45 EUR!!!)

Unfortunately one of the bottom squares cracked while shipping but I "fixed" it using crazy glue (I never get insurance!)

yahoojapan listing: https://page.auction...tion/p588327687

I can fit 100 Kinkeshi in the acrylic display (#319 to #418); I decided to place the last 100 Kinkeshi from my 2nd vintage 418 set (of which I am only missing 4 more to complete).

I tried filling them in Green (since I have the most of this particular color besides Flesh). For many the last 100 Kinkeshi are probably the most difficult and expensive to complete/acquire.

Now I am trying to figure out a place to put the acrylic display!

Attached File  1.jpg   129.56K   8 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   84.66K   6 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 06 February 2018 - 04:15 PM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

Some more pics!

Attached File  1.jpg   153.37K   6 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   109.3K   5 downloads

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Some more pics...

Attached File  1.jpg   97.01K   7 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   96.33K   5 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 06 February 2018 - 04:20 PM.

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Close ups...

Attached File  20180207_001935.jpg   152.54K   3 downloadsAttached File  20180207_001940.jpg   113.33K   3 downloads

Attached File  20180207_001947.jpg   123.48K   2 downloadsAttached File  20180207_002030.jpg   122.03K   2 downloads

#5 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:42 PM

Very nice display you have! Now, please enlighten my ignorance on something. What exactly is the "extinguishing flap" on the case? Maybe that part was just lost in translation.

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:04 AM

Very nice display you have! Now, please enlighten my ignorance on something. What exactly is the "extinguishing flap" on the case? Maybe that part was just lost in translation.

Exactly, Google translate is not the best or most accurate translator (He just meant the top/cover/flap you can put on top of the case so the Kinkeshi dont fall off etc).

#7 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:18 AM

Follow Up: Thanks to Mike (Mikespaintedminiatures); I found a company that custom makes acrylic cases very similar to the one from Japan.

The company is also in my backyard of Germany but they ship within the EU internationally as well.

I got my custom acrylic cases in 3 days! I bought 3 of them (not cheap but under $100 each); I am only missing 1 more to fully my display the vintage 418 Kinkeshi collection.

They come with mounting holes in the back and an acrylic cover (or one can just have it open).

I drilled holes to the wall and hung them up.

I have now freed 4 shelves in my Detolf glass case as a result.

So these along with acrylic nail polish holders, double sided tape and additional Detolf bracket hacks have saved me a ton of space!

Attached File  1.jpg   105.84K   10 downloads

Website (Sora Shop): http://www.sora-shop...omized-Products

Edited by kayfabe1985, 03 March 2018 - 08:30 AM.

#8 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:22 AM

More pics of each individually:

Part 1 to Part 7 (#001-#104)

Attached File  2.jpg   189.61K   1 downloads

#9 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

Part 7 to Part 14 (#105-#208)

Attached File  3.jpg   171.8K   2 downloads

#10 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:35 AM

Part 15 to Part 22 (#209-#313)

Attached File  4.jpg   186.25K   2 downloads

#11 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

Now what happened to the Japanese acrylic case? I drilled some holes in the back and hung it up next to my Detolf glass cases.

I placed the Part 28 to Part 30 Kinkeshi in all respective colors (or better yet the ones I have for each).

I still have to place some Kinkeshi I ordered or received in the mail in the empty squares :

Attached File  5.jpg   102.61K   5 downloadsAttached File  6.jpg   97.98K   6 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 02 March 2018 - 09:41 AM.

#12 Mikespaintedminiatures

Mikespaintedminiatures

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:All types of Plastic figures. Collector and Painter.

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:33 AM

Follow Up: Thanks to Mike (Mikespaintedfigures); I found a company that custom makes acrylic cases very similar to the one from Japan.

The company is also in my backyard of Germany but they ship within the EU internationally as well.

I got my custom acrylic cases in 3 days! I bought 3 of them (not cheap but under $100 each); I am only missing 1 more to fully my display the vintage 418 Kinkeshi collection.

They come with mounting holes in the back and an acrylic cover (or one can just have it open).

I drilled holes to the wall and hung them up.

I have now freed 4 shelves in my Detolf glass case as a result.

So these along with acrylic nail polish holders, double sided tape and additional Detolf bracket hacks have saved me a ton of space!

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Website (Sora Shop): http://www.sora-shop...omized-Products

Impressive display, .......it must of taken you ages peeling off all those protective strips !!

Mikes_LRG_Forum_BANNER_WEB.jpg

#13 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:23 AM

Impressive display, .......it must of taken you ages peeling off all those protective strips !!

Mike, you have no idea! It took me longer to peel those blue protective strips than it did to put the cases together!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com