Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Harder Plastic in Recent Bandai Kinkeshi Gashapon Figures?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

I just purchased two figures from Vol. 4 of Bandai's recent Kinkeshi Gashapon toys - Omegaman and Silverman - and was SHOCKED to discover that they're made of harder plastic! They feel very much like M.U.S.C.L.E. figures.

So please help me! Which Kinkeshi series use this harder plastic? Is it standard now?

Every Kinkeshi figure I've ever owned, from the '80s or later years, has been made of the typical eraser-like, softer rubber. Honestly, I've always wished they were more durable and sturdier like Mattel's figures. So this discovery blew my mind and made me really happy. I'd love to buy more Kinkeshi that are made in this manner.

Edited by DetectiveFork, 02 March 2018 - 05:40 PM.

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

Pretty sure all of those new volumes of figures are made that way. I need to get around to picking those up.

#3 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

Oh man, that would be awesome! I had no idea.

#4 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

Yup, all new releases are made in that material. I also love the old-school rubber but at least with the new material you don't get keshi melting!

Thank you. So did this start with Volume 1 of the latest series?

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

It started with the volume 1 and there are other series that share the same rubber not just this newer one

#6 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

It started with the volume 1 and there are other series that share the same rubber not just this newer one

Oh, wow. Much appreciated if anyone could share which other series have the harder plastic.

#7 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

Awesome :woot: Love that they're usind the more durable plastic.

#8 Mikespaintedminiatures

Mikespaintedminiatures

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:All types of Plastic figures. Collector and Painter.

Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:35 AM

I just purchased two figures from Vol. 4 of Bandai's recent Kinkeshi Gashapon toys - Omegaman and Silverman - and was SHOCKED to discover that they're made of harder plastic! They feel very much like M.U.S.C.L.E. figures.

So please help me! Which Kinkeshi series use this harder plastic? Is it standard now?

Every Kinkeshi figure I've ever owned, from the '80s or later years, has been made of the typical eraser-like, softer rubber. Honestly, I've always wished they were more durable and sturdier like Mattel's figures. So this discovery blew my mind and made me really happy. I'd love to buy more Kinkeshi that are made in this manner.

All the new Gacha Kinnikuman sets, one to four and the Kinkeshi premium sets are in the new style plastic. For me much easier to paint.Attached File  Kinnikuman Gashapon set 1 (Buffaloman).jpg   140.04K   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2918 - Copy copy - Copy copy.jpg   99.4K   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2952 copy - Copy copy - Copy copy.jpg   87.63K   0 downloadsAttached File  Sunshine V Kinnikuman 1 IG - Copy copy.jpg   113.9K   0 downloadsAttached File  Gacha Kinnikuman final - Copy copy.jpg   91.68K   0 downloads

Mikes_LRG_Forum_BANNER_WEB.jpg

#9 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for the info, Mike! And your paint brings a lot of depth to those sculpts. Wonderful work.

Kayfabe, I need to check out those Star Wars figures.

#10 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Living up to my name

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

The 1991 Kinnikusutensu Competition Edition Kinkeshi seem to be similar material and they also don't melt, correct?   They're firmer than other vintage keshi and I keep my two of them with the new premiumish types.   Seemingly these start in 2017.  I got four from kinkeshi 02, not all colors but all figures of kinkeshi 03, and I got the premium vol 3.   The quality seems the same between the ones actually called premium and not called such.  Getting the premium vol .3 box with display windows really feels like getting an old MUSCLE 28-pack, except it's 15 figures.  Freaking cool!   And it has the names in Japanese of all the figures on the back.   The regular Kinkeshi 03 are in random blind boxes, 12 little full color boxes inside one big monochrome box.  Or I guess they might come in capsules from vending machines too like the 02 ones I got.

#11 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:01 PM

The Gamecube exclusive Keshi from Kinnkuman Second GenerTion are a haerder plastic.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com