Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Smaller red authentic? And color variations.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Living up to my name

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

I'm getting the impression that a lot of red (though a very orangish red) kinkeshi end up casting smaller or undergo some shrinkage.

Looking at red ones, from three different people or lots, several are a little smaller than the MUSCLE or other color kinkeshi of the same figures, but still larger than the 29th anniversary reissue.   They seem legit as the Y/S NT on the back is perfectly clear.   Also a Kinnikuman Soldier (A) is oddly stiff for vintage kinkeshi, especially his right arm.

Also how many official colors do they come in, not counting odd special clear ones?

It seems the standard are flesh, red, blue, yellow, green.

So are more salmonish or light orange ones just faded red?  And therefore safe to keep together?

I have a very light keyman that I just think is an extremely faded flesh.

Most mysterious is a very beige or taupe color Skyman, that's darker than flesh and substantially different from any yellow.

Smaller darker yellow, certain orange, and certain blue ones seem to be obvious bootlegs even if the Y/S NT is clear.

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

I've never noticed any shrinkage of any legit kinkeshi, all the same size. Many bootleg kinkeshi have the markings and are shrunken.

There are Chase colors in some parts; Tan, black, purple, magenta, grey, teal, or white. These were a lot rarer to aquire and not all Sculpts are available in these colors only very few.

http://kinkesisamura...nderdcolor.html

Edited by Ericnilla, 21 March 2018 - 06:47 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com