Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a comprehensive color guide for Kinnikuman Kinkeshi?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:52 AM

I casually entertained the idea of collecting non Muscle sculpts of legit Kinnikuman keshi. Is there any type of guide or checklist that shows all the colors available for each figure like Soupie's color archive? 

While I'm here I'll go ahead and ask about ballpark prices. Are there rarer colors? Are the clear colors legit/vintage keshi? 

I guess I'm just looking for general information. It would be appreciated if anyone wants to add anything else important to add.  

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:16 AM

A lot of my showcases can answer some or most of your questions :)

But to answer some:

1-5 standard kinkeshi colors (Flesh, Green, Blue, Yellow and Red) so the vintage/original collection has 418 sculpts (multiply that times 5)

2-Chase Colors: Black, Brown/Sand, teal/emerald, canary, pink (this one am not 100% sure of if it's legit) and purple/violet

3-Crystal or Glitter kinkeshi are legit and not bootleg (some were chase figures in the capsules and some were released in 28 packs)

4-There's a Japanese link that has a checklist of many of the kinkeshi releases but it's not complete or recently updated.

5-Ballpark prices are hard to gage but any sculpt from Part 26 to Part 30 in any which color will cost more due to the availability/scarcity of those sculpts (as the line became less popular around those releases).

Popular sculpts in Flesh will typically cost more (not a general rule) but the same goes for other colors too.

Edited by kayfabe1985, 27 March 2018 - 01:43 PM.

#3 Rycci21

Rycci21

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:m.u.s.c.l.e.

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:43 AM

I am a m.u.s.c.l.e. collector and I recently purchased several lots of keshi from Japan and have been very happy with them. You can get all your muscle sculpts in different colours and some in different poses. I bought mine through auctions in Japan using a proxie service and for the most part, was able to get a much better price-per-lot than I could with a comparable lot on eBay in north America. There was a bit of a learning curve with the language barrier but after a few weeks, I got that down. Google translate is your friend.

#4 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:06 PM

Ok I think I have a better idea. 

I'm not sure if I'll go the YahooJapanAuction route. I'll stick with Ebay for now. Maybe even put up a "needs toys" post on here sometime. 

@kayfabe1985 The link in your post for a checklist is a link for this page when I click it. 

Thank you both for the info. 

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:49 PM

http://kinkesisamura...nnkesibeya.html

http://kin29mankeshi...inkeshitop.html

http://www.din.or.jp...emia/index.html (right side, scroll down a bit)

#6 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:58 PM

Those are the links I'm looking for. Thank you Eric. 

Also, isn't part 29 supposed to be more uncommon? I somehow have a red 403.

#7 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:00 PM

Part 29 is rarer, but available. It was re-released in the 91 series rubber too. You can tell by the shininess of the figures.

#8 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

Ok I think I have a better idea. 

I'm not sure if I'll go the YahooJapanAuction route. I'll stick with Ebay for now. Maybe even put up a "needs toys" post on here sometime. 

@kayfabe1985 The link in your post for a checklist is a link for this page when I click it. 

Thank you both for the info. 

My Homie Eric already took care of that!

Ditto on the Part 29 Kinkeshi; I thought I lucked out when I acquired some and then I realized they were the 1991 Battle Collection reissues (which still dont sell cheap either).

I showcased them here: http://www.littlerub...opic=261915&hl=

Finding the original Part 29 vintage/late 1980's Kinkeshi is more difficult.

If you want the "good stuff" (later parts Kinkeshi), yahoojapan is your only/best route because ebay is super expensive and to be honest not that many people here on LRG collect the higher end Kinkeshi or let alone have doubles (or at least that has been my impression due to the prices of those later releases).

#9 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:03 PM

Well never mind about that 403. It's got CHINA stamped on the back.  :lol:  Still don't remember where I got it from. 

#10 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

Yeah if it says China then it's 29th anniversary release. They pop up more and more then mix Lots nowadays

#11 OctopusMan

OctopusMan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:25 AM

I am trying to get all versions of a specific sculpt and I didn't see this link posted here (may have missed it, just used the search bar for the domain).

http://kinkeshitaly.altervista.org/

It was helpful.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com