• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 08:35 PM

I just saw signs, and I have to say it was FREAKIN AWESOME! Just a notch below Sixth Sense (no wonder, same guy made it). It was awesome. 4 out of 5 stars. Sixth sense was 4.5 out of 5.

#2 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 08:49 PM

Cool, I definitely have to see it then...Thanks for the review Johnny. I'll be putting it on my "to see" list! :mellow:

Haven't been to the movies in a while. :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#3 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 10:28 PM

okay while i haven't seen "Signs", i have seen "Sixth Sense" and his other film "Unbreakable". and by far, Unbreakable was my favorite. i suggest that ayone who hasn't seen it, should check it out. it is supposed to have a sequel so, much like Resident Evil and Lord of The Rings, it seems a tad unfinished...

but the previews for SIGNS look wonderful and it is definitly at the top of my movie list. I hope it does well enough for Hollywood (those hypocritical greedy bas.tards) to keep allowing him to make more big budget films.......

#4 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 05:44 AM

I also thought this was a great movie! It was more character driven than most science fiction flicks. Also, I liked the direction they took. Most alien movies show the contact with the aliens from a global view, i.e. Independence Day and War of the Worlds. This was more from a personal view, which made it both more realistic and more interesting. I don't want to give away too much, but much like Sixth Sense, the ending was great!

I give it 4.5 MUSCLEs out of 5.

-Nathan

#5 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 13 August 2002 - 01:38 PM

I loved both sixth sense and unbreakable, so i just had to see signs. I have to say that i was disappointed in the movie. I cant put my finger on it, but i just didnt feel like it had the depth of the other two movies he wrote. The characters felt kind of goofy to me, which maybe was on purpose since the aliens could travel through space, but couldnt get out of a closet (kind of reminds me of that simpsons when the aliens take over springfield with the board with the nail in it, and then get chased out with something just a little less primitive, cant remember what though). Maybe it was just over my head, but overall i felt like the movie was missing something that his other two movies had.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#6 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 18 August 2002 - 09:04 PM

I just saw Signs today, and I have to agree that it was a kick arse movie also! Right up there with Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, same writer!

Kinnikuman and M.U.S.C.L.E. give it two thumbs up! ^_^

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com