• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

I just thought about The Mountain's M.U.S.C.L.E. sculpt, and noticed something strange about him. I'm sure everybody else has noticed the same thing, and wondered about this too. Why did they give his M.U.S.C.L.E. sculpt the facial expression they did :unknw: His Kinkeshi figure, if I'm not mistaken, has his trademark sinister grin plastered on his face. Just like he has in the anime. So why did they give him a terrified ghost like face on his M.U.S.C.L.E. sculpt? He looks like a scared arrowhead with arms and legs wearing a karate gi top :lol: Has anyone else asked themselves this question, or am I just being :8P: ?

Attached Files

#2 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

The kinkeshi figure, and thus the MUSCLE, is based on his original cocnept art as shown in his very first appearance, and that was the face he had in that panel. His design was altered really soon after, though.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:16 PM

The kinkeshi figure, and thus the MUSCLE, is based on his original cocnept art as shown in his very first appearance, and that was the face he had in that panel. His design was altered really soon after, though.

Well, you can learn something new everyday. I didn't know that actually.

#4 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Living up to my name

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

I've only seen a drawing with the grin and kinkeshi seems the same as the Muscle.

My yellow Japanese kinkeshi next to the Muscle:

Spoiler

Screenshot from Galactic Wrestling for PS2:

Spoiler

This page at least has a drawing with a badder grin: http://kinnikuman.wi...ki/The_Mountain

#5 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

I wish they'd give us a new M.U.S.C.L.E./Kinnikuman video game for PS4...I might be inclined to play it, instead of the usual rehashed WWE crap we get every year :rolleyes:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M.U.S.C.L.E., The Mountain, Face, Expression

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com