352 replies to this topic

#101 Kingjaja

Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Well it may be free shipping now, but who knows if that offer will still stand 4 months from now. I'll just keep my pre-order as is.

Good point fellas

#102 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

I will post on my blog more pics in the next few hours. Stay tuned.

#103 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

Looks like when they have the dice in their chest, a lever sticks out the back? That's kind of a bummer. Any idea what the chest looks like when the dice isn't in their chest?

#104 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

Looks like when they have the dice in their chest, a lever sticks out the back? That's kind of a bummer. Any idea what the chest looks like when the dice isn't in their chest?

Don't forget, at the end of the day, these are meant to be toys, not statues. The idea seems to be that kids will actually play with these. :o If you're worried about the lever affecting the look of the figures when displayed, I'd guess that you won't even see the lever with these guys sitting on a shelf.

Having said all that, yes, I'll be disappointed too if the lever looks like crap. But I'm not disappointed just because there's a lever. :no:
Posted Image

#105 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:24 AM

It just makes me rethink my hundreds of dollars in pre-orders to get everything. I might want to get one in hand, see a review, etc. before I go all in.

#106 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

It just makes me rethink my hundreds of dollars in pre-orders to get everything. I might want to get one in hand, see a review, etc. before I go all in.

For sure. I'm still waiting to get a sense of their scale. Hopefully Lord's pics will clear that up.
Posted Image

#107 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

Those look huge compared to the originals. Still very kewl.

#108 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Those look huge compared to the originals. Still very kewl.

I don't think they look that much bigger. Maybe about a half inch taller, and with the same proportions, so a bit wider too. The first pic has Liongar displayed in a hand. If that hand is an adult hand, then it's going to be a bit larger, but not too bad. If that is a child's hand, then they just might be around the right size. To me, it almost looks like they might be about the same exact size as Jason and Marty's Armorvors, which still fit in and display well with original battle beasts.

#109 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

If that's a child's hand they are about dead on the originals.

#110 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10724 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

I think they look sweet, and will probably get a few regardless of the size.

#111 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

What pics are to going on about??? Post the link!!

#112 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

There we go: http://dragonautes2010.blogspot.com/

#113 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

That Tiger looks amazing!!! Think that is in a blind-box or another release wave? Hot damn.

I don't mind the dice feature, though the figs do look bigger. Adult hand model is my 2 cents.

I'm also glad to see the arms in different positions. I was afraid they were molded in to the body at first.

Edited by JonnyPac, 04 May 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#114 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

I wonder if the weapons are just unpainted or if they will be this kind of white. They look like to be Glow in the Dark white but I can be totally wrong.

Posted Image

#115 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Man, that tiger is tops! I really wonder how to get it...

#116 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

I wonder if they left those weapons white to depict a mystery of what weapon you'll receive?

#117 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

Hello to everyone! I'm new here and am also super excited about the new Beast Saga line! Looking forward to meeting everyone and finally having a place to go to talk about all these great toys we grew up with, my wife for some reason doesn't share my enthusiasm for these things...

Great to see some new pics of these guys. The tiger looks awesome! Not wild about the lever/plunger thing on the back, but since I don't display my figures facing the wall I'm sure I'll get over it. I suppose I could just leave the dice out of their chests if it's that big of an issue, as I only really care about what's sculpted around them!
It may be too early to tell, but does anyone have any idea how many characters are going to be in the first wave? I saw some different ones in the manga that haven't been shown and I'm very curious as to what's in the blind booster packs...and how much money I'm gonna be spending to get all of them.

#118 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

It may be too early to tell, but does anyone have any idea how many characters are going to be in the first wave?

It looks like in September, at least 19 figures will be making the rounds. (Blue clearish figure with arena, 2 3-packs, at least 6 figures in the assortment, 7 singles, and the main Raioga lion seems to be duplicated.) So I'm calling it at 19 unless we see more stuff.

Shameless plug: I put together a checklist of everything we've seen preorders/solicitations for so far, here.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#119 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Man, that tiger is tops! I really wonder how to get it...

Looks like the Classic Tiger Burn.

#120 organicbeets

organicbeets

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

Couple questions, So, looked through the entire thread, they are made of rubber right? Has anyone seen the back of one of these yet? Proportions are a little strange but i do kinda like a few figures. The deer, elephant, bat and gorilla look awesome. Anyone see a porcupine?

Is there any way to get the deer/gorilla figures solo? If not which pack? Does the gloria-deck set have the three figures pictured? Also is there a list of all the figures coming out in the first wave? thanks

#121 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

Anyone see a porcupine?

LOL anyone seen a Penguin!?
:)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#122 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

Whilst I have your attention, another easy sale would be adding my fave freelance peacekeeping agent, Death's Head to the main Marvel line (never hurts to ask!) ;)

You are in luck sir, Hasbro announced a classic (not DHII or DH3.0) Death's Head is coming in the Universe line in 2013 back at NYCC last year. No pictures as yet and he's still a while away but everybody's favourite freelance peacekeeping agent is on the way, yes?
soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#123 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Couple questions, So, looked through the entire thread, they are made of rubber right?

Because is the dice gimmick, I am going to guess hard plastic.

#124 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

You are in luck sir, Hasbro announced a classic (not DHII or DH3.0) Death's Head is coming in the Universe line in 2013 back at NYCC last year. No pictures as yet and he's still a while away but everybody's favourite freelance peacekeeping agent is on the way, yes?

Indeedy - I was already aware of that one (I run the only DH group on deviantART and like to keep up-to-date news for our members, yes?). 'twas one of those rare occasions where reading a piece of toy news elicited a genuine spontaneous shout of "F*** yeah!" followed by sudden relief that I hadn't been sneakily reading it in the office ;) Just thought I'd take advantage of Zach's presence to get him shoehorned into suitably honoured in another appropriate toyline :)

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#125 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Not wanting to totally derail the thread, but my only regret is that we're not getting Death's Head in the old Legends scale. I'll be displaying mine among my TFs rather than on the Marvel shelf and a 6" figure would have suited my needs a lot better.
soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com