Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

LEE'S TOY REVIEW TO DO COMPLETE BB/LB GUIDE!!!

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#126 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:25 PM

Great, I just emailed them telling them how much I wanna see a Laser Beasts guide. How many other guys here have done the same (other than TGB, Trumanshower, myself and Koppenschvelle)?

No doubt!!! Guys...if you want a LB guide, you have GOT to email/call them and make sure you voice your opinion and do it NOW!!! :angry:

TGB

#127 Macod0shus

Macod0shus

Macod0shus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:35 AM

Just emailed them! I got the guide on saturday at Los Angeles Borders. Its great, clear pictures and great descriptions. Leaves you wanting more. Awesome stuff.
Laterz

#128 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:50 PM

I have, And the Guide is awsome. Very good job RAD!!!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#129 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 01:22 PM

Even the Netherlands is loving this review!

#130 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:16 PM

HA!!! :angry: :)

I didn't know the Netherlands was picky... ;) ;)
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#131 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:32 PM

I e-mailed them to let them know that I would love to see a Laser Beast guide. Hopefully they can put it together.

Eric

#132 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:00 AM

I sent this:

First off, I would like to say thank you, for the Battle Beast guide you just did. I operate the Beastformers.com website and message board, and all of us on the board were eagerly anticipating this piece. I would have to say that the guide went far above the expectations we had. It was awesome! So again, on behalf of all the guys (and gals) on the board, thank you for an excellent job producing the guide on the Batle Beasts line, and we are eagerly hoping for the follow up Laser Beast guide.

Thanks again guys, awesome job!

#133 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:32 AM

the email i've send them failed...

i've to buy 6 more of them for the french collectors !!!

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#134 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:50 PM

Artimus Prime QUOTE:

No, the Netherlands aren't picky just didn't know how the review turned out to be and now I have seen it I am loving it!

#135 Darth Monkey

Darth Monkey

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:38 AM

Guys, this praise means a lot to me. I have been collecting Battle Beasts since I was 9 years old (this was years after they were gone from store shelves). To go from hunting around for these little guys at flea markets to having a ten page review of them appear in a nationally syndicated magazine...it's almost surreal. But what excites me is that this review actually MEANS something to people. Never has a review that has appeared in Lee's (to my knowledge) sparked so much positive discussion. I have no doubt the Laser Beast review will happen, and it will be even better. Thanks for all your support!

#136 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:26 PM

Guys, this praise means a lot to me. I have been collecting Battle Beasts since I was 9 years old (this was years after they were gone from store shelves). To go from hunting around for these little guys at flea markets to having a ten page review of them appear in a nationally syndicated magazine...it's almost surreal. But what excites me is that this review actually MEANS something to people. Never has a review that has appeared in Lee's (to my knowledge) sparked so much positive discussion. I have no doubt the Laser Beast review will happen, and it will be even better. Thanks for all your support!

Do you know if the Lee staff has received a lot of feedback about your article ? Maybe with this Lee's issue more Battle Beasts items will pop up, and more informations too. We will maybe finally know for sure if the chargers have been released (in small quatity) in the USA.

Sylvain

#137 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:04 AM

I just talked to them it looks like I may be driving there one of these Sundays.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#138 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:34 AM

I just talked to them it looks like I may be driving there one of these Sundays.

dabbuu

GREAT NEWS!!! <_<

I can't wait!!! B)

TGB

#139 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:15 PM

dabbuu

Sounds like great news! B) :D

What exactly did you discuss with Lee's? Is it something in the neighborhood that they're planning on doing a LB guide but just need some collection pics, or was there more/less info? <_<
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#140 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:33 AM

As they made it sound they are definitely planning to do a follow up and they said they never had a response as good as the one they got. Then we talked about myself driving over there and letting them take photos. They said they would call me back sometime next week as there is no definitive schedule yet.

dabbuu

Edited by dabbuu, 23 February 2006 - 04:33 AM.

Posted Image

#141 Darth Monkey

Darth Monkey

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:00 AM

As they made it sound they are definitely planning to do a follow up and they said they never had a response as good as the one they got.

WOW!!

#142 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:34 PM

Finally got my hands on this issue and I must say that it is very well done. The pictures are superb and the info is top notch. Thanks Run amuck duck, you did a great job. :) Can hardly wait for the follow up laserr beast issue.

~~~Omega~~~

#143 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:14 PM

Hey RAD and Dabbuu, any word?

LB guide?

IF SO, Ben, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have Lee's credit Sylvain Heyser w/ the photo of the 6 ULTRA ULTRA RARE FRENCH SB Shields!!! I think it was crappy he didn't get credit in issue #160. I know I sent them a letter crediting Sylvain for owning the only complete set of them!!!

In fact, they should have Sylvain take photos of his complete shield battler army complete w/ shields, sleds, and guns for the article!!!

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 15 March 2006 - 01:15 PM.

#144 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:23 PM

If you can make an errata in the next article I found some little mistakes :

- the 12 "Shield Battlers" were released single carded in Europe and not only 6 (I and Arno can privide pic of 5 of them carded)

- the sunburst offer on individual package is not for a suinburst figure but for a card on which is a sunburst sticker. Then you could put it on any beast you would like.

- cream colored beast were not 18 (never found any complete info about this but I'm merely sure they were only 12)

Sylvain

#145 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

It should be happening soon, I shipped off part of my collection today. This is going to be a kick arse lay out on Laser Beast spread. :(

Eaon

#146 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:13 PM

Well I SURE HOPE that the Heyser's photos are used!!! I do know that they need to be the HIGHEST RESOLUTION and crystal clear un-edited!!!

Hey Sylvain...how about the RACK??? That would be WICKED KEWL to see that in there!!! Not sure they would want it, but, it is worth a try.

IF you plan on sending them a disc...make sure you do it ASAP!!!

Email/Pm BEN for any details!!!

Also, I too told Ben about the SB errors. So he SHOULD already know that for the NEXT LB guide!!!

Guys...this LB guide SHOULD BE the BEST yet!!!

I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Lee's did a supurb job on the BB guide...so why not TOP it?!?!

Good Luck!!!

&

Thanks for putting ALL this effort into making this happen!!!

TGB

#147 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 18 March 2006 - 11:33 AM

I recently picked up issue #160. Very cool. I sent them an email encouraging them to do the Laser Beast guide as well.
Posted Image

#148 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:30 AM

I'm going to Lee's this sunday to get the photographs taken. I'll post more after the shoot

dabbuu
Posted Image

#149 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:52 AM

I'm going to Lee's this sunday to get the photographs taken. I'll post more after the shoot

dabbuu

Excellent Dabbuu, that is sweet as hell! ;)

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#150 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:21 PM

Sounds great!!! I am really looking forward to a Laser Beast guide if they can put one together as beautifully as they did for the Battle Beasts.

Eric

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com