• Please log in to reply
5966 replies to this topic

#2801 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

I can't get over how not Diablo that "Diablo" is.

I explained why he looks like that in the review :D

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2802 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

One of my co-workers explained it to me also. It doesn't make it ok or right.

You know you messed up your character when the funko figure looks more menacing/terrifying
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#2803 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

Got this in the mail today :) rare spanish BBs

101_5984_zpsf7abb6ec.jpg

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2804 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Got this in the mail today :) rare spanish BBs

101_5984_zpsf7abb6ec.jpg

Sweet, i Like the ape but im not to fond on the others.Just for curiosity what do those go for? I have never seen them for sale.

#2805 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

Sweet, i Like the ape but im not to fond on the others.Just for curiosity what do those go for? I have never seen them for sale.

Yeah. I got them from a guy from spain. He only wanted ten euros per figure :) I can give his email if you are interested. He has all of them still.

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2806 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Yes, That would be wicked!Pm me the email please. :lol:

#2807 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

Yes, That would be wicked!Pm me the email please. :lol:

Np :) I will jump right on it. The dude even ships with tracking. I got mine in 7 days. Not even sure how that was possible lol

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2808 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Yeah. I got them from a guy from spain. He only wanted ten euros per figure :) I can give his email if you are interested. He has all of them still.

WTF!? I paid much more for the ones that showed up a while ago and I even had a ´bundle deal´ since I bought a few complete sets.......

Looks like my Spanish connection is not so trustworthy or suddenly a whole warehouse of these showed up and he decided to drop the prices a LOT.

They´re for sure pretty rare figures and cool bootlegs so they´re worth the money for sure but this is pretty frustrating to hear.

Congrats with the find though ;)  

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2809 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

WTF!? I paid much more for the ones that showed up a while ago and I even had a ´bundle deal´ since I bought a few complete sets.......

Looks like my Spanish connection is not so trustworthy or suddenly a whole warehouse of these showed up and he decided to drop the prices a LOT.

They´re for sure pretty rare figures and cool bootlegs so they´re worth the money for sure but this is pretty frustrating to hear.

Congrats with the find though ;)

I am sorry to hear that. The guy I got them from knows a thrift store seller that has a ton of them. We settled on 10 euros each so I paid him about 60 (or was it 70?) euro for the complete set. He offered to go lower but I wasnt going to be that guy lol I am just happy he shipped the first two. I want my yellow monkey!

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2810 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

Those look sweet, buddy! Pretty jealous!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#2811 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

Those look sweet, buddy! Pretty jealous!

Thanks! Love these two lol shame I cant get them to stand for anything though

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2812 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

.Just for curiosity what do those go for? I have never seen them for sale.

Yep, 10 euros each plus 10 euros shipping and 5 euros each for bulk purchases of 20+, so obviously he has some quantity available to him. When I asked about them he mentioned he would go to the store and pick them up, so they must not be on-hand.

I should have these ugly buggers next week ;)

#2813 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:38 AM

Yep, 10 euros each plus 10 euros shipping and 5 euros each for bulk purchases of 20+, so obviously he has some quantity available to him. When I asked about them he mentioned he would go to the store and pick them up, so they must not be on-hand.

I should have these ugly buggers next week ;)

Yeah lol I was looking at mine and I love how they all seem to have gator arms. They are so terrible that its amazing :p

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2814 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

Few things I picked up at sdcc

Attached File  20140728_233245.jpg   44.01K   43 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20140729_021541.jpg   151.58K   53 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20140728_213426.jpg   158.03K   40 downloads

#2815 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

I just got a 1964 G. I. Joe jeep, a 1972 adventure team mummy jeep and the headquarters playset for $25 total :) so did good on this find lol Pictures will follow tonight!!!

Edited by thenerdieststore, 29 July 2014 - 11:16 AM.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2816 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

Thanks Again!!!!

I got Two sets coming. :D

#2817 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

That's the only LEGO Tolkien set that I didn't buy since the only exclusive bits were the new printed robe/legs for Saruman and Wormtongue; I skipped out and just bought the figures individually.

Btw, in case you hadn't seen it yet they unveiled the LEGO Smaug set last week. Set is kinda meh (and overpriced at $130) but he looks good IMO.

hobbit_lego_h_2014.jpg

Tree Beard is pretty bad a**,I would recommend getting it.Descent looking set just not a fan of this kind set where there no floor just parts of the room like the Caves of moria set.

Edited by 108KickBack, 29 July 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#2818 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

Thanks Again!!!!

I got Two sets coming. :D

No problem at all :) better to spread the joy!

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2819 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

No problem at all :) better to spread the joy!

yeah thanks from me as well. It's even cooler that you reached out to me with his contact info just in case I was interested (even though I hadn't inquired about them at all)

kudos for looking out for your fellow collectors. :thumbsup: 

#2820 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

Deep down, I knew you guys were interested lol

24634879.jpg

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2821 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

Toys R Us had a massive sale on Schleich today, so I picked up a T-Rex and Triceratops.
Triceratops.png
TRexOnTheGo.png

That hat might not have come with the T-Rex.

#2822 TanRnet

TanRnet

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Army Ants, The Real Ghostbusters, and most movies/music/games from the 80s.

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Happy to finally snag sawtooth shark at a decent price complete with rub & weapon. Almost finished with the kid robot tmnt figures, getting Krang as my latest. And a few custom muscles, happy with the paint job and figures I received as they were a blind bag.
Attached File  image.jpg   143.11K   29 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   151.13K   30 downloads

#2823 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

Wow.  I'd been working out a deal for a while for pretty much all of the Yokai bottle cap figures I was missing. I ende dup with all but two (one fleeing human mother with child, and one ultra-rare pair of Tengu).  Since I got like twenty figures out of this, I will show off eight at a time and stagger 'em.  The ones that don't appear to be on black bottle cap bases are figures that fell off said bases.

Pretty much all of these are Tsukumogami - antique objects that have come to life.

Bottlecap-Asagutsu-Kutsusura.png
Here is a pair of shoes.  Asagutsu is a porcupine with a shoe for a head (a clog, even), and Kutsusura is his rider... who has the other shoe for his head.

Bottlecap-Biwa-BokuBoku.png
Biwa-Bokuboku is a Biwa (a type of lute) that has come to life because nobody plays him.  At his feet, though you can barely see it, is a Koto (a ground harp) that has also come to life.

Bottlecap-Furuogi.png
Furuogi is an old fan that has gained a life of its own.

Bottlecap-Gekima.png
Gekima is a living spear.  See that spear he's carrying?  It's what he is.

Bottlecap-Kumade.png
Kumade is actually a metal rake - again, the object he carries is what he is.

Bottlecap-Gotokuyashi-Gotokuneko.png
This guy is two creatures!  Essentially, it is Gotokuyashi - see the triver on its head (metal pot holder)?  He is its personification, and blows flames around.  But he also has a cat's face and twin tails, identifying him as Gotokuneko - a type of cat demon that keeps fireplaces warm.

Bottlecap-MehitotsuBozu.png
Although this looks a LOT like Aobozu (the blue/green cyclops monk), it is actually Mehitotsubozu - the one-eyed monk.  Actually, they might be the same thing.  It's hard to tell.

Bottlecap-Ooari-Daichichi-Taiki.png
Now, here's a fun pair.  The dark creature with a hammer is named either Daichichi or Ooari - Ooari is a reference to his antlike appearance, though Daichichi seems to be the "correct" name.  The blobby dude he is about to pound is named Taiki.  Nobody has found any actual myths or legends connected to either creature, but the motif of Daichichi about to smash Taiki with a hammer is really, really common in Japanese art.  Like, you can find it in just bout any Yokai crowd scene.  It's like a meme.  A centuries-old meme.

More later! Just wait until you see the Buddha zombie with its eyes hanging out, or the crocodile with a gong for a head, or the human victim, or the Yokai ripped off from Alien!

Edited by Ridureyu, 05 August 2014 - 12:51 AM.

#2824 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

Wow.  I'd been working out a deal for a while for pretty much all of the Yokai bottle cap figures I was missing. I ende dup with all but two (one fleeing human mother with child, and one ultra-rare pair of Tengu).  Since I got like twenty figures out of this, I will show off eight at a time and stagger 'em.  The ones that don't appear to be on black bottle cap bases are figures that fell off said bases.

Pretty much all of these are Tsukumogami - antique objects that have come to life.

Bottlecap-Asagutsu-Kutsusura.png
Here is a pair of shoes.  Asagutsu is a porcupine with a shoe for a head (a clog, even), and Kutsusura is his rider... who has the other shoe for his head.

Bottlecap-Biwa-BokuBoku.png
Biwa-Bokuboku is a Biwa (a type of lute) that has come to life because nobody plays him.  At his feet, though you can barely see it, is a Koto (a ground harp) that has also come to life.

Bottlecap-Furuogi.png
Furuogi is an old fan that has gained a life of its own.

Bottlecap-Gekima.png
Gekima is a living spear.  See that spear he's carrying?  It's what he is.

Bottlecap-Kumade.png
Kumade is actually a metal rake - again, the object he carries is what he is.

Bottlecap-Gotokuyashi-Gotokuneko.png
This guy is two creatures!  Essentially, it is Gotokuyashi - see the triver on its head (metal pot holder)?  He is its personification, and blows flames around.  But he also has a cat's face and twin tails, identifying him as Gotokuneko - a type of cat demon that keeps fireplaces warm.

Bottlecap-MehitotsuBozu.png
Although this looks a LOT like Aobozu (the blue/green cyclops monk), it is actually Mehitotsubozu - the one-eyed monk.  Actually, they might be the same thing.  It's hard to tell.

Bottlecap-Ooari-Daichichi-Taiki.png
Now, here's a fun pair.  The dark creature with a hammer is named either Daichichi or Ooari - Ooari is a reference to his antlike appearance, though Daichichi seems to be the "correct" name.  The blobby dude he is about to pound is named Taiki.  Nobody has found any actual myths or legends connected to either creature, but the motif of Daichichi about to smash Taiki with a hammer is really, really common in Japanese art.  Like, you can find it in just bout any Yokai crowd scene.  It's like a meme.  A centuries-old meme.

More later! Just wait until you see the Buddha zombie with its eyes hanging out, or the crocodile with a gong for a head, or the human victim, or the Yokai ripped off from Alien!

Japan must be a really strange and fascinating place.

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#2825 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

Man, those are gorgeous

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com