• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

The con will begin in just a few days from now. It's time to start a thread with all informations about the new line (or maybe lines).

What we already know:
- DST will sell its first 2 pack from their Battle Beasts line as an exclu to the con.
- DST will offer a promo figure and poster.
- DST will reveal the full series 1 figures.

What we can already guess:
- The DST promo figure will certainly be a Vorin one.

Now let's play the speculation game. What do you expect ? What do you dream of ? What's your pronostics ?

#2 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

I want another gator ;D
Posted Image

#3 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

What do you dream of ?

Hasbro to release Beast Saga so that I can cancel my $500 in preorders with BBTS.

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Hasbro to release Beast Saga so that I can cancel my $500 in preorders with BBTS.

If anything stays true to form, the Japanese versions will have far superior paint apps than the Hasbro ones will.

#5 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

If anything stays true to form, the Japanese versions will have far superior paint apps than the Hasbro ones will.

I've never purchased any of the Japanese versions of the originals, were they better than the Hasbro versions?

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

Not on the original Beasts, but it you look at anything released in the last 10 years, it's true. Whether it be Transformers or the Ultimate Muscle 6.5" figures. For some reason, the Japanese versions get way better paint.

#7 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Not on the original Beasts, but it you look at anything released in the last 10 years, it's true. Whether it be Transformers or the Ultimate Muscle 6.5" figures. For some reason, the Japanese versions get way better paint.

I agree. Small defects and inconsistencies with paint are unacceptable to the average Japanese consumer. This is one of the many reason that Japanese toys (even those made in China) are more costly than their American counterparts. They require a higher level of attention during production.
Posted Image

#8 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

I thought the Japanese paint schemes were far superior, on almost all of their kinkeshi. The US ones don't even hold a candle to them.
:yes:

#9 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

There is a very small probability that such a thing happens. Hasbro will announce a new license during the Hasbro-IDW panel. SO this will certainly be a comics license but who knows what can be hidden behind.

IDW & Hasbro— Join senior editor John Barber (Transformers: Robots in Disguise), editor Carlos Guzman, and Hasbro's director of global publishing Michael Kelly reveal secrets and upcoming plans for Transformers, G.I. Joe, Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, and more. A new Transformers series will be announced-as well as a new license. Panelists include Larry Hama (G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero), Chris Metzen (Transformers: Autocracy), Flint Dille (Transformers: Autocracy), Livio Ramondelli (Transformers: Autocracy), Andrew Griffith (Transformers: Robots in Disguise), Brendan Cahill (Transformers: Robots in Disguise), Mike Costa (G.I. Joe: Cobra), plus surprise guests!

source: comic-con.org

Edited by lord, 29 June 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#10 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

First pics from SDCC. I personnaly like this beast a lot. It seems that there will be humans too in the line.

Posted Image
DST display at TNI

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Love that falcon!

#12 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Looks like the humans are Zombies. maybe walking dead mini-mates?

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Looks like the humans are Zombies. maybe walking dead mini-mates?

Yeah, those shots are Walking Dead figures. Love the chain link. BRAINSSSSS!!!!! Cant wait for that show to start up again.

#14 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

I read this in the Minimates Multiverse board.

"Battle Beasts shown are specialty market. Comic accurate. Humans only in specialty.
TRU will have wave of BB too. Same figures but repainted to grab the attention of kids. More vibrant color schemes and such. And TRU will have 2 more beasts to replace the humans." Zach

There is a translucent blue promo Vorin free each day during the con.

#15 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

I love the Merk the Falcon and Gruntos the walrus. The scorpion and snake came out looking really nice. The spider looks a little awkward right now, but that could just be the camera angle. I'll reserve judgement of the spider until I get to hold one. A lot of minimates for me can look a little off in pictures, but then I love them when I have them in hand.

Now I need to try and track down a blue Vorin...

#16 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

Also, if you look in the Street Fighter vs Tekken line, about 3/4s of the way down the page, there is a really awesome figure of Kuma, the bear. With a bit of work, he would make a great bear battle beast. If they don't make one based off of the bear in issue 1 of the comic, than I will be using this figure to make him.

http://www.minimatem...showtopic=11277

#17 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

I'm still backing Beast Saga 100 percent, and even though I won't be buying any of these, I will say that the new ones shown are definitely better than what we've been looking at for months. The spider is odd, but the scorpion and the snake are decent.

#18 roboticplanet

roboticplanet

Action Figure Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

The more of these I see, the less I want them. They just look like bipedal (not counting the snake and spider of course) animals, absent of any of the original Battle Beast aesthetic. They certainly look cool and have great sculpting, they're just not Battle Beasts. I have the Gator Minimate, and by comparison it's a better update to the old figures IMO. I would have greatly preferred DST to have continued in that direction.

#19 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

The more of these I see, the less I want them. They just look like bipedal (not counting the snake and spider of course) animals, absent of any of the original Battle Beast aesthetic.

I'm with you. I won't be buying any of these at all. They just took advantage of the Battle Beasts trademark lapse to sell some toys based on the nostalgia of a name alone.

Edited by Coelocanth, 12 July 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#20 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

Figures look great, I'm more exicited about BS tho, but I'll definitely be getting each and every BB mini-mate. Also I actually like how the Thundercat mini-mates turned out, was surprised how they ported well into the mini-mate format.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#21 roboticplanet

roboticplanet

Action Figure Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

Pictures from the DST Panel:

http://i.toynewsi.co...ize=800&start=0
New?

#22 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

looks cool, still pissed I cant find a golden vorin :/
Posted Image

#23 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

The infamous gold Vorin will mark the end of the DST BB collection for me. Not that I don't like rare items to track in a collection but I don't like the way this one has been offered. This figure is certainly not rarer than any other Vorin promo. It has just been offered to people who doesn't care about it and the whole BB line. I don't see any issue when companies offer really limited items to the fans. Lucky draw in Japan are real rare items and collectors have a small chance to get one. The gold Vorin is not a rare item as there are czertainly at least 100 or 200 made.

#24 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

the whole thing pissed me off just as at teh end of the night u know how many of them are probably sitting in someones garbage :(
Posted Image

#25 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

DST BB is going variant crazy and has been for awhile now. If you think about it there is a total of 6 Vorin variants, 4-5 Gators and they plan to release each beast with a specialty repaint. So that means 2 of each. That's really alot of variants to collect. Even the comic comes with multiple cover variants. To much variations to collect and the toyline and comic aren't even official released yet. If they keep giving away the same product over and over again for nothing, they might actual take a hit to there pockets. Beast Saga has over 40 figures they plan to release this year, where DST has about 10 or so actual different figures so far. I'm kind of worry that DST BB is going to end up like Mattel's MOTU 2K toyline, in which they released the same figure (He-Man) as variants more often and not enough of other characters, causing collectors to lose interest in collecting after awhile.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com