• This topic is locked This topic is locked
157 replies to this topic

#26 TMAN

TMAN

M.U.S.C.L.E. HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:Anything M.U.S.C.L.E. TMNT. NKE 6.0 Mutants. Customs!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

I'll tell you what though... THIS is why I always send first! Hahaha

SMART!!! I'm going to start sending first as well. It really sucks when what you sent gets lost in the mail!!!
th_fdfc5f0f35daf26c472dce86f63f9f9e.jpg

#27 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Yeah... I never do huge deals, for that reason, either. I will do medium to small deals, and send first... If the toys get lost, the person I am dealing with hasn't lost anything and my reputation is protected. It probably also helps that I typically deal with the same people over and over again, so rarely is it an issue.

#28 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

LRG seems to be having problems with old members being "great people" and having stuff like this happen lately.

Not saying that these people are actually doing these things, but I am saying it's weird that two separate members are having their integrity questioned at the same time.

Two totally different scenarios. With clonewars, he is not a "long time member". He's only been here a few years. He also said he shipped the package but could neither provide a receipt or tracking. He has a good history so you'd think he did what he said he did, except that he took forever to even supposedly ship the figures in the first place, and it's been almost 2 months since he said he actually shipped it. This situation has been going on behind the scenes for a few months now.

The other scenario is a long time member who's had a stellar record here for 9 years being outright accused of pulling a scam based on some low res eBay pics. And rather than wait a few days to see if the guy responds to a question about the authenticity, people start saying they are 100% certain that they are fakes and contact eBay and their friends telling them that they are fakes. Like I said. if someone has a long history of being honest, then it's extremely rare for them to overnight turn into a scammer.

#29 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

With clonewars, he is not a "long time member". He's only been here a few years.

Not to nitpick with the bossman or anything but how does being here for a few years not make someone a "long time member?" I'd like to think people could get a handle on who the guy is after that amount of time. (Even the people who aren't social on the boards still trade/buy/sell.)

This is the first I've heard of this issue so to me this is recent, not months old, hence my comment.

I think I can safely assume that if you aren't friends with Venom, that you at least respect him. That being said, I think the idea behind the outcry was to attempt to protect the community. You have to admit there were some shady facts presented regardless as to who was selling them. (Which also wasn't entirely confirmed until recently, to my knowledge).

Above all, I was just making a comment on what I've observed over the last couple of days. I was by no means saying or implying that Venom or Clonewars are scam artists, nor was I saying that Venom and Clonewars are alike.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#30 soundwave

soundwave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Toys, Video Games, Toys...
    Toys and oh yeah toys!!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

just put it here to get resolved, i just "feel" ripped off,  

maybe he slacked on shipping and doesn't want to reply until he knows its delivered??????

#31 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Yeah, but even then, he should let you know what's going on, and offer a form of apology.

#32 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

Stuff like this is why I'll wait to receive item/payment from person I'm dealing with first before I'll send out my stuff.  I also like how anything with USPS is automatically given a tracking number.

Edited by walker13.1, 20 May 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#33 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

Stuff like this is why I'll wait to receive item/payment from person I'm dealing with first before I'll send out my stuff. 

Well if EVERYBODY did that then no deals would ever get done! What factors would determine who sends first? Get a track# and send the crap out ~EASY!

#34 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Well if EVERYBODY did that then no deals would ever get done! What factors would determine who sends first? Get a track# and send the crap out ~EASY!

This board has taught me to do that.  I've had 2 or 3 people literally drag their rear in NOT getting stuff to me, not answering to PMs after I've given plenty of time between initial contact, and low and behold nothing ever comes of it.  I will not be left out to dry because of someone's carelessness.  I follow this simple rule:  You contacted me, so if you want to trade, then I have to receive first.  If I contract you, then I'll send first.  It's that simple.

Edited by walker13.1, 20 May 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#35 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

So far, thankfully, I've had zero issues with dealing with ANY person on this board. I personally prefer to ship first and will continue to do so, so long as I continue to have positive experiences here on LRG.

I'm sorry that things haven't gone as planned for you, Soundwave, and I legitimately hope that your stuff shows up.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#36 soundwave

soundwave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
    Toys and oh yeah toys!!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

still no response.  do I just eat it? 

I sent 520 muscles including a couple class a's and tons of class b's and I was supposed to receive a r2-d2 return of the jedi moc figure, about 50 vintage star wars, a couple G1 transformers and some kind of bonus for the first screw up......   then after that no more replies unfortunately

#37 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

that sucks... and not to start anything, but... Ban_Deodorant.gif

#38 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

I find it telling that he has not responded to this topic either. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#39 TMAN

TMAN

M.U.S.C.L.E. HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

So what happens now ?

#40 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

He'll get the same treatment as phillinly
http://www.littlerub...937#entry250558

#41 Birdman

Birdman

BANNED (clonewars)

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

I have had nothing but great transactions dealing with this seller. He is a very nice guy on ebay. Sorry to hear about your deal with him.

Edited by Birdman, 23 May 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#42 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Birdman bought your figgies. Beat him up, Shockwave!

<p> </p>
<p>

#43 TMAN

TMAN

M.U.S.C.L.E. HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

Birdman bought your figgies. Beat him up, Shockwave!

Attached Files

#44 soundwave

soundwave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
    Toys and oh yeah toys!!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

he made hundreds off the figures I sent him over 400 because that's what shows in the three auction  listings still showing and not sure about the one he managed to delete, so OVER 400.00 off me.    and the stuff I was promised is still nowhere to be found!! 

I am at a loss because his credentials all checked out?  He has amazing feedback here and ebay!   Unfortunatly just shows you can't trust anyone

#45 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

That's messed up.....  unfortunate symptom of the core greed issues currently at the front of most lines in this hobby I believe. But yeah, on the blocked list for sure.

#46 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

he made hundreds off the figures I sent him over 400 because that's what shows in the three auction  listings still showing and not sure about the one he managed to delete, so OVER 400.00 off me.    and the stuff I was promised is still nowhere to be found!! 

I am at a loss because his credentials all checked out?  He has amazing feedback here and ebay!   Unfortunatly just shows you can't trust anyone

Hopefully more can happen. Screw his credentials and feedback, this is a pretty big dick move. If you can prove those figures were yours, file something with ebay?

Contrarily, you could try going the legal route. Not sure how well that would go though, you'd need a lot of proof.

<p> </p>
<p>

#47 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hopefully more can happen. Screw his credentials and feedback, this is a pretty big dick move. If you can prove those figures were yours, file something with ebay?

Contrarily, you could try going the legal route. Not sure how well that would go though, you'd need a lot of proof.

The legal route probably won't work for $400 of items. That would only pay for 2-4 hours of most legal fees. If you were both in the same state you could do small claims court, but that is probably the only legal option, unless your state has a fee shifting statute for this type of transaction. Which is horribly unlikely.

And that's before you get to the burden of proof that Draznar mentioned.

Edited by Behemoth, 25 May 2013 - 01:27 PM.

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#48 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

HoL0jjs.gif

#49 soundwave

soundwave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
    Toys and oh yeah toys!!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

think it's an expensive lesson learned that I'll just have to eat, only honesty can help here.  oh well life goes on

#50 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

He's been banned until further notice.
http://www.littlerub...=28937&p=505449

Hopefully things eventually work out.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com