71 replies to this topic

#26 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:10 PM

I'd say (if I may say so, Kevin) get creative and have some fun with it.

Oh yeah, I'd definately love for everyone to do as much as they want with this contest. I only made the suggestion of one character to make it sound easy enough to get back some of the guys that have stopped entering, and get some of the guys and girls that have yet to enter. That's also why I'm not entering my picture in the poll. I always get a good deal of the votes, so this will let those votes go to others. I know the MCW inspired me to do a lot more than just one character, and if you guys feel the same, I say definately go for it. Even if you don't win the contest, you do win the opportunity to have your art on the MCW site.

#27 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:28 AM

I don't know if I am going to make an entry on time. I am currently working on translating something big, and it is taking up quite a bit of my time.

I have the guy, but I don't know if it will get finished. :woot:

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#28 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:09 AM

I don't know if I am going to make an entry on time. I am currently working on translating something big, and it is taking up quite a bit of my time.

I have the guy, but I don't know if it will get finished. :woot:

WhiteLeo

Well, you've still got 12 days. What about the rest of you guys? Waiting till the last minute?

#29 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:34 AM

Well, I keep getting sidetracked as well, I have the idea, and am nearly done with the rough sketch, but I'll probably wait till the last minute. :woot:

Posted Image

#30 JRadMCW

JRadMCW

CEO of MCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to bring back some color to a rather drab world some day...

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

Not that there's any relation between MUSCLE artists and MUSCLE pervs, but I'd gladly unveil the Nasty Show at the end of the contest if anyone enters a Nasty Naked Lester drawing :banana: ... :woot:

#31 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:55 PM

Not that there's any relation between MUSCLE artists and MUSCLE pervs, but I'd gladly unveil the Nasty Show at the end of the contest if anyone enters a Nasty Naked Lester drawing :banana: ... :woot:

done and done...

#32 JRadMCW

JRadMCW

CEO of MCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:00 PM

Oh, just make sure you all censor any private parts. I think I've got jkaris biting his nails down to the bone as it is with all this Nasty nonsense :woot:

#33 JRadMCW

JRadMCW

CEO of MCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:11 PM

Hey Nathan!

Please tell me you're working on something as we speak. I realize I don't have Tortle in MCW yet and I've even admitted to you that I'm not exactly his biggest fan. But if you enter something, I promise Tortle will be my next and first paint job in over 8 years and the first "new" addition to my new MCW site in 2008.

...not that you really care, but c'mon! Win or lose, I've gotta have a Newell for my gallery :woot:

We go back a long way buddy! Remember, I tought you how to build a website! Trained you in graphic arts and even sent you your first ever Tortle figure!!!... Well okay, maybe that was another Nathan.

Edited by JRadMCW, 18 November 2007 - 05:12 PM.

#34 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, I'm hoping I can crank something out this week. I'm not 100% sure about what media it will be, but I definitely want to enter something. Even if it's stick figures. :woot:

#35 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:31 PM

Here is the first one again, plus the two new ones, in my 4-part ( or possibly 5-part, if I am permissed to create a new story element) in my storyteller series.
Attached File  rivalry1.jpg   208.59K   8 downloads
Attached File  rivalry2.jpg   507.17K   10 downloads
Attached File  rivalry3.jpg   101.9K   13 downloads
As for Kevinmayle's question: yes that tag art topic as a new contest topic sounds great to me!
Posted Image

#36 JRadMCW

JRadMCW

CEO of MCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

[quote name='Reccoom Kaboom' post='177183' date='Nov 18 2007, 08:31 PM']Here is the first one again, plus the two new ones, in my 4-part ( or possibly 5-part, if I am permissed to create a new story element) in my storyteller series.

Ah yes!! That's is totally cool Reccoom! Now that's thinking outside the box! :woot:

Edited by JRadMCW, 18 November 2007 - 09:21 PM.

#37 JRadMCW

JRadMCW

CEO of MCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:24 PM

Yeah, I'm hoping I can crank something out this week. I'm not 100% sure about what media it will be, but I definitely want to enter something. Even if it's stick figures. :banana:

A "stick" figure... so you're doing a Lester piece?

...that was bad, I apologize. :woot:

#38 JRadMCW

JRadMCW

CEO of MCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:30 PM

Hey Kevin,

Can you tell my if this note with a MUSCLE drawing on it was sent to me BEFORE or AFTER those real art pieces you sent me?

Attached File  mayleletter.jpg   36.53K   18 downloads

Edited by JRadMCW, 21 November 2007 - 05:33 PM.

#39 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:11 PM

Hey Kevin,

Can you tell my if this note with a MUSCLE drawing on it was sent to me BEFORE or AFTER those real art pieces you sent me?

Attached File  mayleletter.jpg   36.53K   18 downloads

Wow! Look at that. I'd forgotten all about that. I sent Darrin a few letters back in the 90's too with MUSCLE drawings on them. I was surprised to see one show up in an issue of the MUSCLE Times. Anyway, that particular one you have there must have come after the color MCW ones because I finished my pink set in 98, but did those MCW pics in 97. Thanks for posting that! It's so much easier to make and send pictures nowadays. I remember back when I did those MCW pics I had to draw them on paper, go over the pencils with ink, then color it with markers. Then drive to Kinkos and get color copies made, put them in a big envelope and snail-mail it. Now I can draw it on the computer and e-mail it. Quick and cheap.

#40 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, I'm hoping I can crank something out this week. I'm not 100% sure about what media it will be, but I definitely want to enter something. Even if it's stick figures. :thumbsup:

A "stick" figure... so you're doing a Lester piece?

Actually, yeah. This was Michaelangelo's first crack at his David sculpture; needless to say it was wholly rejected by the Operai. In the interest of keeping this board clean of nastiness, the full body shot has been censored, but rest assured, the wiener is there in all its glory.

I also included a pic of the... er, head detail. The media are ink (Sharpee) and, to spice things up a little, crayon.

Attached Files

#41 JRadMCW

JRadMCW

CEO of MCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:20 PM

Actually, yeah. This was Michaelangelo's first crack at his David sculpture; needless to say it was wholly rejected by the Operai. In the interest of keeping this board clean of nastiness, the full body shot has been censored, but rest assured, the wiener is there in all its glory.

I also included a pic of the... er, head detail. The media are ink (Sharpee) and, to spice things up a little, crayon.

Yikes!...and ew!...and yuck! And what's that thing on his shoulder?...do I dare ask?

I guess I'll have to make an "18 and over" section of the gallery, you know... behind the beaded curtain?

Excellent my friend! :spiteful:

#42 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:41 PM

Yikes!...and ew!...and yuck! And what's that thing on his shoulder?...do I dare ask?

I modeled that after the thing on the real David's shoulder:

Posted Image

I'm thinking on the real David it's probably a sling. Lester, of course, would have a sling of an entirely different kind. Posted Image

#43 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

Tortle, that is incredible (and disturbing)!
Posted Image

#44 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:33 PM

Cool Tortle ! That is hilarious ! :spiteful:

#45 JRadMCW

JRadMCW

CEO of MCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:33 PM

I modeled that after the thing on the real David's shoulder:

I'm thinking on the real David it's probably a sling. Lester, of course, would have a sling of an entirely different kind.

Hahaha! I thought it was a sock or something..... um, nothing!

Modeled after David.... now that adds a touch of class to it!.... but yes, still disturbing.

#46 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:42 PM

Tortle, that is incredible (and disturbing)!

That is EXACTLY the effect I was going for. I'm glad you guys like it/are revolted by it! :D :spiteful:

Modeled after David.... now that adds a touch of class to it!.... but yes, still disturbing.

Yeah, I hope Michelangelo would be glad to know that his work is still inspiring people today... even if that inspiration is perverted into Lester.

#47 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

Happily stuck in the past

• Legends
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Keshi, Minifigs, Baseball Cards, Travel, Disc Golf, Bigfoot, Pizza, Beer

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:27 PM

Wow....

It's obvious Nasty Naked Lester really made quite an impression on all of us who were exposed to him back in the day.

HA! Nice one Nate

#48 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

• Legends
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

Ok! here it is, the big reveal of what's behind Mr. Intensitie's mask! And boy is Supreme being sorry he took the mask off!.Attached File  rivalry4.jpg   152.19K   18 downloads
If I get the time on wednesday, I will get these 4 finalized, and try to do a fifth
Posted Image

#49 JRadMCW

JRadMCW

CEO of MCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:07 AM

Ok! here it is, the big reveal of what's behind Mr. Intensitie's mask! And boy is Supreme being sorry he took the mask off!.Attached File  rivalry4.jpg   152.19K   18 downloads
If I get the time on wednesday, I will get these 4 finalized, and try to do a fifth

I never thought about what might be under the mask??? Can't wait to see them all together, VERY COOL!!! I LOVE the concept!!! :)

#50 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

• Legends
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:20 PM

Anyone playing host on art contest 5? If not, I'd be up for offering a prize in a holiday-themed contest.
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com