• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#26 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

As my english is not very good, i'm not sure to have pefectly understood the reason of the closure of Monster Collecting, but i just want to thanks Darryl for the very helful website he created, and i hope to see it back one day, or an other in the same style, referencing all the Monsters that exist all over the world without prices.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#27 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

I think your wrong, yeah he can be annoying at times but I dont think screwing people over is his style. In fact when I traded with him he insisted he sent first.

Hey it was a guess. :p

But I hope you don't disagree with the second part too. :huh:

#28 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

Brojo might annoy a lot of people, but no ones really ever said he screws people over, got to agree with you Aikola

Also while I'm sure people have ideas on who bad collectors are, I think in many ways if Darryl wishes to out whoever it is, it should be him. And if he chooses not to I respect his judgement, though for the sake of those newer collectors I think its good something like this has happened, it might deter any future newer collections from risking it if it might mean being outed and not getting trades.

Edited by dielaughing, 27 March 2012 - 11:51 AM.

My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#29 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

I presume this Brojo has something to do with the 'OTHER' site, I got kicked off there cos of either the fact I was a member here or that they didnt agree with my views. But in the end I see he will piss everyone in the collecting community off & he will be all alone with all he's money and figures with no-one to share them with, SAD.
I would rather share my collection with ppl that have the same interest I have, (like most that are here) I'm glad that I did stumble across this site, yes sometimes ppl arent always gonna agree with my opinions, but thats a part of life. I dont let it ruin my day, I have enough with life away from this that comes first trust me.
At the end of the day its a hobby that I enjoy, its just cool that their are like minded ppl here.
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection
http://www.littlerub...=0

#30 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

I think he only has his toys... and the hard on from being mentioned so many times lately...

#31 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Well, a guy named KeepTalk voted down many posts in this thread.

http://www.littlerub...d9c1f1c5bf0cd96

#32 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Brojo's banned on the 'other' site too if i remember rightly. I remember reading something where the owner of it was aiming to block ip's from his state or something and was really not wanting him on there
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#33 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

I think he only has his toys... and the hard on from being mentioned so many times lately...

Ok right well the less I think of that the better really PMSL..... (sitting on he's own wearing nothing but he's white Y-FRONTS, stained over the 2 weeks he has had them on for, eating cheesy puffs with pizza boxes strewn everywhere & a few stray cats about the place, hoping for someone to talk about him) Damn it I thought 2 much, Damn my mind......

Edited by Daxel101uk, 27 March 2012 - 02:06 PM.

“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection

#34 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

LOOOOL Dax you'll get this thread sent to the junkyard if you keep that up old bean :-D
Reminds me of that guy in south park in the warcraft episode that description you've come up with :-D if you don't know it, search up the episode:-D:-D
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#35 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

;) I know what you mean Ive seen that episode lol, Well if that happens it might upset him as we wont be talking about him anymore.... :cray:
My Collection

#36 steelfrogSteve

steelfrogSteve

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Don't trade with me,
I'm a jerk.

The MIMP's I got in the mail today say otherwise! ;)
"After the combat, the beasts unite as friends."

#37 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

Brojo's not to blame for once, lol.
Starting to wonder if Keeptalk is brojo though with all the negative ratings left. Not really brojo's style though, he'd write a 1000 word essay on the subject & a link to the same thread, lol.

I do lament the lack of community spirit that i feel maybe the Muscle guys have. There's a few good guys but there's way more douchebags, unfortunately.

Edited by 1313, 27 March 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#38 dazz82

dazz82

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

Im not sure but i think Darryl might be talking about me. He has had a grudge against me ever since i didnt want to trade my neon yellow werewolf to him for a few low point figures.

I know alot of you worship the guy, and i have also told him on many occasions what an asset he is to the mimp world, and how grateful i was for his website, i spent ages taking pictures and sending them too him, very proud when i saw my figures on monstercollecting.com. Then ever since i didn't feel comfortable with the trade i mentioned and didnt want to go ahead with it he took the hump and took my photos off his site, a little childish i thought but thats up to him. Just to note i had traded with Darryl before and never had a problem.

Another time i won a dark green behemoth off ebay for $15 afterwards he told me he had wanted to win that figure and how unhappy he was that i screwed him over by winning it(i didnt know at anytime that he wanted it, and didnt realise at the time there seemed to be an unwritten rule that if ever an uncommon behemoth showed up on ebay i had to check with Darryl if i could bid for it!) i got a bit fed up with this and said if he wanted it he could have it, he then accused me of winning it especially to trade him, i went quite then as i really couldnt be doing with that kind of drama over a piece of rubber.

I then got a message from he out of the blue not so long again, saying i had screwed him over again, amongst other things and i was one of the reasons he was going to take his website down, this puzzled me as i made sure i didnt purchase any behemoths off ebay since the last episode.
A very good Mexican friend of mine who i do alot of trading and buying off offered me a green sonric behemoth, i am a huge collector of sonrics and this looked like a nice piece, he asked if i wanted to buy it, i said yes i would, i never in a million years thought i would have to check with Darryl first. But apparently i should of done! Darryl told me in a message the day after i was offered the behemoth, it was offered to him a month ago and they were trying to sort out a price. This i didnt know, but it seemed to me like the guy wasnt happy with what Darryl wanted to pay for i, so after a month decided to offer it to other collectors.

I can see how that might of annoyed him, but i had no idea- I have of course not bought the sonric behemoth in question. I tried to message Darryl and explain i didnt know and that i wasnt going to buy it, trying to keep the peace. But no joy, i was now the scum of the mimp collecting world! This has all really got me down as i have made many great friends on here and done many many trades, i am just scared that people will gang up on me as i have seen on here before. i havnt been on for a while as i thought i would wait to see if it blows over, but decided i just wanted to share it with you all. If it is all my fault i am so sorry to you all, i had no intention to upset you Darryl, dont worry you have no competion with me and behemoths now.

Sorry again.

#39 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

Hmmmm sooo the plot thickens, each has their own side of the same story, but I know Dazz, I had a bad encounter when I started collecting mimp. Mimp that were coloured black instead pf being the Mexican figs, but apart from that I have no other issues with you. Put it down to being an amateur, by what you said though it don't seem like (in my eyes) ya ain't done nothin wrong. But Darryl does have a difference in opinion to yourself with what went on........
My Collection

#40 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

Yeah, what interests me is that the Mexican collector sent me a message about those figures with the Behemoth in question, and what I am interested in is was it really a month taken before asking other collectors.

Because to me a month is a long time to work a deal out, plus that collector is quite often on here I've noticed and Darryl always replied to messages I'd sent him quickly.Normally deals are made quickly and as it seems it was money being offered, surely it doesn't take a month to say to Darryl, sorry I'll decline your offer and see what I can get elsewhere?.

Maybe its just a communication thing, but it seems a little bit rude to just go offering it to all the others without saying to Darryl (might be wrong here of course)first. It just appeared that Darryl had come to an agreement over the figure, but if this is the case, why was it being offered to other people at the same time? Its like me, I've got two figures for 1313 put aside, they arent being offered up, no one even know what they are apart from him, but I'm not going around saying what'll you give me for these, when I've already got them sorted with someone else.
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#41 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

www.monstercollecting.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:24 AM

Well Darren I gave you every opportunity to bring yourself forward on this...
I had told a couple of members in private message but had no intention of
voicing your name publicly (it kind of felt irrelevant) because my whole
feelings have changed towards this hobby. But 'yes' it was a large series
of your actions that made my decision final.

I am going to address all of your statements here with my side of the story,
as your accounts seem very watered down.

The day I took the hump with Darren. This was after the single trade we
had done (a Neon Purple Baba Yaga for his Gold Italian Zombie), no problems.
Apart from a small communication that he said he was trading his 'only' Gold
Zombie figure (surprisingly I had saw his Ebay account had bought two) A small
lie I thought I could overlook that.

Apart from that previously he had saved a Gold Medusa for me and decided to trade
it away without asking if I was still interested. I was milded annoyed at this
because it would of just taken a message and I thought he reserved it for me.
I had allowed a couple of weeks to pass so am happy to take this as my bad.
In these times we were communicating on Facebook (personally I prefer LRG to sort
out deals).

The Neon Yellow Werewolf incident. I had not bid on an auction on Ebay for a very
long time. I have very specific things that I collect, for example I only get
Neon Yellow Matchbox figure I am not worried about the others. I have felt while
collecting this helped me streamline by trading the ones I don't want away.
Now a Neon Yellow Werewolf was on Ebay and I had made a decision to bid even
though I was aware in the current climate things were going sky high.

A coincidence I was in a conversation with Darren at the time. He was asking my 'needs',
I was reluctant but I told him I needed a Neon Yellow Werewolf to complete my Neon
Yellow set. I knew he owned it already so didn't think he would be direct competition.
Was I wrong? YES. The bidding went to last moments at settled just over £73, a huge
price for a modest auction with one rare. Anyway I didn't win and unfortunately
I recognized the highest bidder: It was Darren. Obviously I confronted him about it
and his response was that he didn't know I was bidding. Fine, fine. He then changes
his story and says he won it to trade it with me. Sigh, sigh. So over a series of
messages and offers I make him, where he scoffs at everyone of them I begin to get
pretty frustrated.

My final offer made to him: An Cromy Translucent Argentina figure (either Pink
Monster or Orange Catoblepas) for his Neon Yellow Werewolf and a Sonric Behemoth.
He scoffed at this trade suggestion, does this sound awful to others?

I left him a statement eventually that I had lost my patience with him constantly
demanding more and more for a figure he had once said 'he won to trade with me'.
This is when I took down his photographs and honestly just had nothing to do with him.

The $15 'custom' Behemoth happened while the above discussions were taking place.
I think most people saw took place in the thread itself. I posted my disagreements
publicly. I still maintain you spent way over for that Behemoth and am glad I never
got into a bidding war. I don't think it is much of a stretch for any collector to
realize what figure I would be bidding on. Yourself though it seems you have no rhyme
or reason, you just want it all!

Three months after I took down his photographs on MC.
This message out of the blue. Here there is a lot of stretching of the truth.
The message out of the blue actually came from Darren. He messaged me on here asking
why I had taken down his photographs from MC and that he didn't like to think someone
on here disliked him.

I was surprised to get this I must say as I had made it pretty clear in a previous
message, which I guess he had overlooked... I wasn't actually going to reply but after
some thought I felt I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I explained my beef and
Darren for the best part was pleasant.

Now comes the unfortunate timing. The Mexican seller I was in contact with the very
same day that I was in communication with Darren. He had told he had a Mexican Green Behemoth
some time ago and I obviously was very interested (didn't own the piece). The length of
time that Darren states was because he was hunting for more to do a larger trade with me.
Back to the day he contacted me though, he actually had a photograph and was taking 'cash'
offers instead of trade only, which is what he was suggesting before. With the photographs
I could determine it was a Bright Green not a Olive Green that he had once suggested. Fine,
I still needed it and it looked great. We negotiated a final price of £30 with my compromise
that it be sent to my other friend in Mexico who would send it over in a trade. Deal done.

Well I thought it was... Until the very next day I got into a conversation with the Mexican
seller to confirm it was fine to send to my friend and to settle payment. He told me he
would no longer sell to me but to Darren Grundy instead. Apparently Darren had offered him
the same amount of money + a Premium Blue Jotun Troll. Now I understand this guy could of been
hustling me and well I didn't jump for it. I voice my anger and leave the deal.

Obviously I go back to Darren, who again is blissfully unaware that he was competing
against me. Even though the Mexican seller was very forthcoming with the name of the
person who had taken the deal away from me. Either way... it was pretty much the last
straw for me.

I have read all of your comments in this thread and thank you for your kind words.
Currently I am considering continuing with the website but to take a back seat with regards
to collecting personally. Is it possible that some of you here would continue to contribute
photographs to me even in the event of my absence from the collecting part of the hobby?

PS - All the statements about Brojo. Apart from downvotes all around I haven't had contact
with him in a very long time.

Edited by DarrylWestley, 28 March 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#42 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

Thank you Darryl for voicing your opinion on it and taking the time to write so much. I'm glad to see you're giving it some thought over continuing the website and as before I'm more than happy to send any pictures of missing figures to help keep it updating.

From what I can see as a kind of neutral maybe here: the ny werefolf, at times me and 1313 reguarly speak to each other over what we are going to bid on, and the other holds back and doesn't bid. Possibly if you'd have told Darren you were going to bid he might not have bid himself, although £73 for the sake of trading only is a tad extreme I reckon on his part. If he'd outbid you and then offered it to trade I'd be equally annoyed.

The Mexican deal: not sure what to make of that, except possibly the trader was offering them around at the same time and was just trying to get better offers after you'd put forward yours. Which is a shame as unless the deal falls through its a bit dubious having several people after the same figure and almost leading them on. Makes me think of the issues in the past with that black ghost being offered to several people at once....

But at least its out in the open now with both sides of the problem being espressed
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#43 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

Ok i don't know either of you but i need to chime in here.

Even if your side of the story is 100% true i don't really see ANY reason to complain about anything that happened.

It's collecting not a group hug.

You said yourself you didn't like the guy and yet you are still amazed that he offered more for rare figures then you did and that he outbid you?

That's kind of the point of ebay. Whoever pays more wins. You didn't want to pay as much as he did. He didn't screw you in any way. Strotium dog was upset in the past because he WON an auction then someone here convinced the seller to deal with him instead and snatched the figure away. That is worth getting upset about. Losing an auction fair and square is not. What gives you more right to win then the other guy? Nothing.

You are upset that he scoffed at your trade offers? Really? That's every collectors right. He is not obligated to take whatever offer you give him just cause you have a website.

You got mad that he offered someone the same amount of cash as you AND nice figure on top of the deal? Why not offer more yourself instead of feeling like someone wronged you? I've sold very few things here but i've already dealt with many people attempting to offer more then others when they know the item is already on hold for someone else. As the seller i refused since i choose to stick with first come first served as a rule but the people making offers did NOTHING wrong. If anything you could be upset at the SELLER for going back on his word but not the buyer.

Honestly you sound as though because you made a wonderful site that your collection is somehow more important than anyone elses and you have more right to get what you want then others do. Then when you don't get what you want you take your site down and punish everyone.

Just because we are collecting childrens toys doesn't mean we need to act childish.

#44 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:20 AM

I'm glad the details are out in the open & from both sides.

Dazz82- No one here 'worships' Darryl, he's just got a good reputation & CREDIBILITY. From my dealings with you, i know myself that you lie, omit or stretch the truth, come on dude.
You just never own up to it. Every time i've dealt with you i've had to go over every tiny detail with you like a it's a binding contract just to make sure i end up with exactly what i'm trading for, it's ridiculous.

Several times you've sent me damaged figures that were mint. Every time you say you'll make up for it next time. You have multiple ebay accounts. You bid disgustingly high on figures you already have.
Don't play the victim, pretending to be oblivious to what you do.

You seem alright & a nice guy in messages but your actions are what they are. It's not about ganging up on you over Darryl. I'm assuming this great Mexican friend of yours is Wolfmen, a banned LRG member for taking people's money & not posting figures. enough said.

Btw, ages ago i had a random msg off Wolfmen offering me figures, i immediately declined but i dare say had i looked, the green behemoth would have been amongst them, being offered to me.

#45 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

PlasticSoul - please note that in the past people have made comments over Dazz having a ton of hard to get figures by winning a lot of ebay actions for figures he already had and then putting themup for trade. Those figures were being offered for months but not really going anywhere. Their argument was it was stopping others from trying to get them on ebay when they don't have things spare to trade for them. The fact he spent £73 on a figure just to trade it with Darryl does seem a bit high.

I think the reason also is that quite a few people would possibly overreact in a situation like this, I'd get pissed, and a few others I know certainly would. Darren and I have traded now and again and he comes over as an ok guy in emssages but as Daxel/1313 said there were a couple of incidents in the past that did involve him, myself and another collector.

Also Dazz, is that a new ebay account you've got? Just wondering as I saw someone from lincoln selling mimps on there the other day

Also as 1313 said, that green behemoth turned up in a message to me too, but presumably the deal was done as the collector never replied after that. But keeptalk strikes me as being wolfmen who was 1313 said was banned over offering the same figures and selling the same figure twice if I remember rightly?

Edited by dielaughing, 28 March 2012 - 06:25 AM.

My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#46 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

Ok i don't know either of you but i need to chime in here.

Even if your side of the story is 100% true i don't really see ANY reason to complain about anything that happened.

It's collecting not a group hug.

You said yourself you didn't like the guy and yet you are still amazed that he offered more for rare figures then you did and that he outbid you?

That's kind of the point of ebay. Whoever pays more wins. You didn't want to pay as much as he did. He didn't screw you in any way. Strotium dog was upset in the past because he WON an auction then someone here convinced the seller to deal with him instead and snatched the figure away. That is worth getting upset about. Losing an auction fair and square is not. What gives you more right to win then the other guy? Nothing.

You are upset that he scoffed at your trade offers? Really? That's every collectors right. He is not obligated to take whatever offer you give him just cause you have a website.

You got mad that he offered someone the same amount of cash as you AND nice figure on top of the deal? Why not offer more yourself instead of feeling like someone wronged you? I've sold very few things here but i've already dealt with many people attempting to offer more then others when they know the item is already on hold for someone else. As the seller i refused since i choose to stick with first come first served as a rule but the people making offers did NOTHING wrong. If anything you could be upset at the SELLER for going back on his word but not the buyer.

Honestly you sound as though because you made a wonderful site that your collection is somehow more important than anyone elses and you have more right to get what you want then others do. Then when you don't get what you want you take your site down and punish everyone.

Just because we are collecting childrens toys doesn't mean we need to act childish.

Let me stop you there. The devil is in the details. Dazz82's account of what happened is very vague & favorable & makes out that he's just a sweet little lamb trying to get on in the MIMP world but a big bad MIMP collector won't let him.
I'm so sick of the 'half soaked, i didn't mean to, bullshit' act that Dazz puts on.

The guy knew what he was he was doing just like we all do if we decide to stick it to someone .

Edited by 1313, 28 March 2012 - 06:30 AM.

#47 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

I see what you are both saying and i get that the other guy is a tool who no one likes but everyone is sometimes forced to deal with and probably often let off the hook because if he was called on his crap whoever spoke up would be cut off from future deals.

I get that, really. The community seems like it would be better off without him BUT at the same time a lot of the stuff he did to the thread starter still isn't worth complaining about.

When someone treats a hobby you LOVE as nothing more then a business and happens to also be the "look what i have and you don't" kinda guy it sucks. It really does. Especially when they have the disposable cash to hoarde. But none of that is really wrong. It's a free market. The guy with the most money wins. I wish it wasn't and for a lot of the cool people i've met here it isn't that way at all. But just cause some of you guys are nice and care more about the people and the hobby and the toys themselves then about the money doesn't mean everyone has to be the same way.

It doesn't matter how much of a liar and jerk the guy is, there is still nothing wrong with winning an auction or offering someone a better trade or not taking someones trade offer.

#48 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

PlasticSoul - I understand what you are voicing and readily admit that I have
taking this personally (perhaps because I care a great deal about this hobby).

The line between collecting/friendship is often tested but there are people
that acknowledge it and those that seem to just completely disregard it.

"You said yourself you didn't like the guy and yet you are still amazed that
he offered more for rare figures then you did and that he outbid you?"

My reason for not liking the guy came after all the history that I mentioned,
NOT before! Plus I usually give anyone the benefit of the doubt. The guy entered
the community with a few shoddy Ebay dealings to start with, one of which Daxel
mentioned where he spray painted figures Gold/Black and didn't declare them in
the description.

While there is a element of competition to collecting, I have always tried
to retain a level of respect for people who I am supposedly 'friends' with
who share the hobby.

Here is a thread from Darren from before Christmas asking for aid:
http://www.littlerub...showtopic=70496
I found this amusing considering the people he had outbid to secure the figures
in the first place.

If you think for a second my website was created to give me leverage as a collector
over others you are gravely mistaken. I have purchased one lot of MIMP figures in
one year and a half (hardly been much of a thorn in collectors sides have I?)
Ultimately I hoped it would bring us together as more of a community (as back when
it was created there wasn't anything unifying or communicating much about all the
different releases).

Edited by DarrylWestley, 28 March 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#49 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

PlasticSoul - I understand what you are voicing and readily admit that I have
taking this personally (perhaps because I care a great deal about this hobby).

The line between collecting/friendship is often tested but there are people
that acknowledge it and those that seem to just completely disregard it.

"You said yourself you didn't like the guy and yet you are still amazed that
he offered more for rare figures then you did and that he outbid you?"

My reason for not liking the guy came after all the history that I mentioned,
NOT before! Plus I usually give anyone the benefit of the doubt. The guy entered
the community with a few shoddy Ebay dealings to start with, one of which Daxel
mentioned where he spray painted figures Gold/Black and didn't declare them in
the description.

While there is a element of competition to collecting, I have always tried
to retain a level of respect for people who I am supposedly 'friends' with
who share the hobby.

Here is a thread from Darren from before Christmas asking for aid:
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70496
I found this amusing considering the people he had outbid to secure the figures
in the first place.

If you think for a second my website was created to give me leverage as a collector
over others you are gravely mistaken. I have purchased one lot of MIMP figures in
one year and a half (hardly been much of a thorn in collectors sides have I?)
Ultimately I hoped it would bring us together as more of a community (as back when
it was created there wasn't anything unifying or communicating much about all the
different releases).

Understood. I was somewhat mistaken. You obviously do it for the love of the toys and collectors which i totally respect. At the same time it seems like you've taken things too personally with regards to one crooked little collector. It's your choice but i for one would love to see you let it go and bring your site back up. Even if you never updated it again it would still be the best resource online for all the collectors just like you who love the toys. Yeah the guys just after rarity and profit would benefit too but that's a small price to pay in my opinion. It seems obvious people here like you and dislike the other guy. That should show you that for the most part the collectors share your mindset, not his.

#50 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

I hear what you're saying, i just don't want people to think Darryl's making a fuss over nothing when he isn't.
It's true, people are free to do what they want & collect how they want. I just expect the best from people & when i don't get it, which is often, it annoys me.

I don't dislike Dazz82, i just know he's done some questionable things in the past, a few to me in fact, so i find Darryl's version of events the most likely.
all the MIMP collectors know each other & have traded at some point so when something happens people have there own preconceptions & judgements based on their own history with dealing with each other.
Anyhoo, i'm too opinionated for my own good, i shouldn't be wading in on this so much. :D

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com