• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:47 AM

Godaijou Kessen Playset

I had this for a long while now and I would have loved if the original Muscle line had an assortment of playsets (besides the ring).

What is cool about the Kinnikuman line is all the castles/rings playsets based on the manga storylines.

The Godaijou Kessen set is simple to assemble (just plastic & cardboard). Released in 1985 according to the copyright (but not 100% sure).

The set came with 27 kinkeshi (checklist of which can be found here): http://kin29mankeshi...m/godaijou.html

Mine came with 25 but I had to unfortunately throw some away due to severe melting damage (which I now regret knowing what I know now of cleaning).

The kinkeshi in the set look to be made of rubber but it feels different (the same goes for a reissue ring I have that came with Kinkeshi, the figures are lighter)

A common problem with vintage sets like these or from private collections is the plastic melting because of contact with the Kinkeshi and even the rubber from the ring ropes also melts on the plastic (my set is missing the ring ropes and 1 green ring post but luckily the kinkeshi came in a separate bag)

Assembled together is a nice way to display Muscle figures (am afraid to put any kinkeshi because of the melting).

However to store is a pain in the butt because of how huge the box is! Also when it comes to shipping as a result. But if you have the space its a nice collectible to have :)

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 17 February 2018 - 05:05 AM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:50 AM

These are the Kinkeshi that came with the set and my favorite 4 from the bunch (although not sure if they are the original ones that came with the set). Some/most seem to be from Part 19 & Part 20. All have the YSNT mark on the back with a copyright "R" as well.

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 08 May 2017 - 03:51 AM.

#3 kingkarl

kingkarl

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:muscle, street fighter, combat sports, pro wrestling, taxidermy, hard drinking and being an all round good egg!

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

That is one cool playset old chap! Awesome way to display figs.

#4 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:00 AM

Badass!

#5 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:06 AM

Finally found a checklist of which Kinkeshi came with the set exactly (27 total): http://kin29mankeshi...m/godaijou.html

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com