- - - - -

Marvel Handful of Heroes and Universe, DC Universe and other Super He

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_numiluxtom_*

Guest_numiluxtom_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Marvel Universe is a 3.75" toyline produced by Hasbro. Once derided as "too small" and "too expensive", it now is in its fourth wave and seems to be enjoying a surprising success. Couldn't hurt that it's actually available in stores, unlike Mattel's DC Universe line. It's also far superior in quality to the similarly priced and sized DC Infinite Heroes.

So "better than nothing" has triumphed, and we now have several people on this board collecting the line. I thought maybe we could talk about it here, and maybe even do some line-specific trading and requests since some figures seem to be way easier to find depending on your location.

Post your collections, post your requests, and talk about how ridiculous the requirements are to get Nick Fury!

#2 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

It is not a toyline produced by Hasbro.

Just kidding.

Fish around the sub-forum. You'll find that these conversations have already happened here.

#3 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

Too small? No.
Too expensive? You bet.
I used to collect these but sold them off due to pricing, scalpers, and inconsistent quality. Good luck on finding what you need and trading though. I know there are still a ton of people that collect this line. Post what you need in the marketplace and whenever I'm out I'll look for you. They seem to be popping up a little bit more around here than they used to.

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

OP is a spambot. This is all the text copied and pasted from the Marvel Universe thread.

I reported it but no one has done anything about it.

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

OP is a spambot. This is all the text copied and pasted from the Marvel Universe thread.

I reported it but no one has done anything about it.

No it's not. Look at the OP's other posts. A little odd, but not a spam bot.

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

You're wrong about this Jon. His post on August 5 was reposting a line from Battlechaser7's signature for no reason whatsoever. His MUSCLE thread was a direct copy-and-paste of this thread. I'm sure he's not the same person as the Don that made that thread. His post here is TMAN's posted back in July from the very same thread! This thread is a particularly lazy C&P of the first lines of ironmask's thread with the same title.

He's not human! :ph34r: (Sorry, I'm sick, on coffee, and seriously have nothing better to do.)

Edited by BaltanII, 27 August 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#7 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

very weird.

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

You're wrong about this Jon. His post on August 5 was reposting a line from Battlechaser7's signature for no reason whatsoever. His MUSCLE thread was a direct copy-and-paste of this thread. I'm sure he's not the same person as the Don that made that thread. His post here is TMAN's posted back in July from the very same thread! This thread is a particularly lazy C&P of the first lines of ironmask's thread with the same title.

He's not human! :ph34r: (Sorry, I'm sick, on coffee, and seriously have nothing better to do.)

Wow, that's funny. A smart spambot.

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Weird but it's not the first time I've seen spambots like this. Thing is I'm not sure exactly what purpose they're intended to serve - are they making it seem like the IPs of spambots to come are valid so they're not banned? Lying in plain sight only to spam a bunch of links later? Testing out a forum's defenses? Whatever the reason they exist, it's not that they're stupid-as-brick users who can only communicate by using preexisting text.

#10 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

This spambot was sent to this forum to kill John Conner before he leads the human Resistance.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com